[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roasted chicken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4166.jpg (167KB, 625x970px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4166.jpg
167KB, 625x970px
So I made a thread last week about this but I just wanted to talk about it again. I got a job working at a summer camp-like program for poor kids and part of my job is occasionally preparing meals.

Monday they're having baked chicken legs, roasted vegetables and rice.

I just wanted to see if anyone here had any critiques or advice for how I'm going to bake the chicken.

Tomorrow I'm going to leave the chicken in a brine over the weekend that will consist of water(obviously) brown sugar, garlic cloves and thyme.

Monday i will dry the chicken, apply a dry rub and oil (dry rub ingredients will be garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper)

I will then roast the chicken at 425

Right before it's done I may brush it with some bbq sauce to give it more flavor and a nice crust.

So yeah that's it. Sorry for all the words. Would appreciate any feedback or tips if you guys have any.

Also, general roasting chicken thread.
>>
>>9136959
>brine ... that will consist of water(obviously) brown sugar, garlic cloves and thyme.
Don't forget the salt. A brine must include salt.
Otherwise, it will turn out find as long as you don't overcook it. Also, don't just put the chicken into a pan. If you want nice crispy skin the chicken needs to be elevated over the drip pan so that it doesn't just sit in grease.
Good luck, anon.
>>
>>9137221
Thanks, man. How would I go about elevating it?
>>
>>9137806
A rack inside a pan. You don't want it to swim in it's drippings.
>>
you seriously didn't know a brine is supposed to contain fucking SALT? maybe you should do the kids a favor and leave the cooking to someone else...
>>
>>9137829
Would a perforated sheet pan on top of a regular sheet pan work?
>>
>>9137871
I forgot to type it, you cunt.
>>
>>9137893
sure ya did chief

try not to poison those kids tomorrow, okay?
>>
>>9137944
>chief
You spelled chef wrong, bitch. Ill poison you. Watch the way you speak to me, hombre.
>>
>>9137978
>Ill poison you.
yeah, me and anyone that eats your cooking
>>
>>9137986
You can eat my dick. I'll shoot a salty brine down your throat, slut.
>>
File: fXKaE[1].png (279KB, 464x332px) Image search: [Google]
fXKaE[1].png
279KB, 464x332px
>>9138012
>salty brine
probably not as salty as you are right now though
>>
>>9136959
>Going to all this effort for delinquents
Pour petrol/gas over the huts/tents in the night and burn everyone to death.
That or spit and piss on the food before cooking.
>>
>>9137806
Seeing as there is no physical way of elevating food on some sort of rack or grill tray it's going to have to be magic or star wars style "the force".
>>
>>9138030
sounds like you want to taste my salty nuts
>>
>>9137806
>>9137886
Yes. Also putting the chicken on the over rack and putting the drip pan on the rack underneath it is also acceptable. Just don't let it sit in the drippings. It will make the skin soggy and meat will be covered with fat (i.e. a lot more fat than with fried chicken).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.