[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking illiterate here. I bought some habaneros a week or so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Peppers-Habanero.jpg (197KB, 823x583px) Image search: [Google]
Peppers-Habanero.jpg
197KB, 823x583px
Cooking illiterate here. I bought some habaneros a week or so ago because I like spicy stuff. I don't really know what the fuck to do with them but I want to put them on my turkey sandwiches. Do I just cut them in half and throw them in there or is there some better method for more flavor/spice?
>>
> Do I just cut them in half and throw them in there

Yeah sure, go for it

Let us know how it goes
>>
>>9136402

Finely chop one and mix it with mayo, or mustard, or whatever, and then use it as a spread. Or mince one up and make a relish with diced onion and tomato.

Plain, they can take me out of my comfort zone heat wise, so I prefer to just chop / slice one or two and adding them to whatever I'm cooking, as that dissipates the heat a bit.

Great peppers, though.
>>
>>9136402
That's what I do.
>>
make sure to activate them first by rubbing them in your eyes
>>
>>9136407
Tried this just now, just a bit too spicy for me. Also I touched my balls and now my balls are on fire.
Was gonna try this >>9136422 but it sounds pretty hard and I'm not a big fan of mustard, and I hate mayo.
>>
Just use them like you would use a jalapeno
>>
You can't fuck this up:

Finely dice habanero, discard seeds and stem.

In a small cooking pot, add one cup of water and one cup of sugar, with your diced habanero.

Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat and let summer for five minutes, stirring frequently.

Pour that shit on your chicken or Turkey sandwich.
>>
>>9136583
this sounds like something a retard like me can do, thanks.
>>
>>9136599
Just so you known what youre making: it's a habanero glaze for chicken. It's sticky as fuck.
>>
>>9136609
Also its technically a syrup or candy so don't boil it too hard or you'll get hard rock candy.
>>
>>9136583
What in the god damn fuck?
>>
>>9136402
Make a hot sauce.

Take 7-8 Habaneros, 1 cup of diced carrots, 1/2 cup diced onions, 1 tomato, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, 1 cup of pineapple, 2 table spoons of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of lime juice, 1/2 cup of water, 1 cup distilled vinegar.

Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a sauce pan and bring to medium heat. Saute your hard ingredients for 25min on medium heat or until soft. Blend down into a fine puree, and add back to medium-low heat. Mix in your liquids, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes and blend one more time.

Allow to cool to room temperature and either strain into jars, or keep solid and leave it chunkier for more flavor (i prefer this way)
>>
>Jalapenos and Cayenne peppers are coming in
>still bot Habaneros yet

fug my life
>>
>>9136402
Try to mince it up into small pieces and put it in the water when you cook rice.
Tasted amazing last time i did it.
>>
>>9136402
My grandma cuts them in half, heats them on a pan, and rubs corn tortillas on the mashed pepper as a snack. Toppings optional.

I accidentally made french toast after that without a proper scrubdown, and the results were surprisingly delicious. Don't underestimate bright, spicy flavor, it'll go on anything.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.