[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about to go here what should I get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: trader-joes.png (84KB, 383x400px) Image search: [Google]
trader-joes.png
84KB, 383x400px
about to go here
what should I get?
>>
Fake olive oil, freezer burned chinese tilapia, nasty organic "health snacks" made from some grade D version of superfood-of-the-week (maca root? goji berries? algae?) that whole foods and costco opted not to buy, and maybe some terrible wine in those flimsy shatter-prone bottles loaded with arsenic
>>
>>9133474
well I won't need to pick up any salt after the load you just dumped
>>
>>9133436
Buy their white cheeto puffs, delicious snack without calories!
>>
>>9133436
herpes from unprotected gay sex
>>
>>9133436
Japanese style fried rice
Soy creamy cherry chocolate chip ice cream
Tofurky hickory smoked deli slices
Vegetable gyoza
Meatless meatballs
Pizza dough
Marshmallows
Miyoko's butter
Puffins cereal
Dried sliced bananas
Pineapple salsa
>>
>>9133474
you're so poor it's hilarious
>>
I live in NYC and trader joe's is cheaper than my local grocery store. Why is that?
>>
>>9133507
I'm poor because I have standards? In your mind, how does that work?
>>
Wine, vodka, cheese. Not a fan of their produce or meat because it always seems bland and old.
>>
File: TJ-joe-joe-cookies.jpg (127KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
TJ-joe-joe-cookies.jpg
127KB, 500x350px
>>9133436
Their version of Oreo cookies is good if you're a fatty

The mango flavor is really unique and interesting but not for everyone

They have the fun meme flavors around the holidays too
>>
>>9133474
fpbp
>>
>>9133625
is this... a reference?
>>
i like their reduced calorie pink lemonade, salt free tortilla chips, sesame bagels, lowfat organic cultured cottage cheese, sugar snap peas, sabra style hummus, lowfat pita chips, whole wheat pita bread, crumpets, sourdough english muffins, sourdough bread, french part whole wheat sourdough half round, and my cats love the fish shaped kitty treats.
>>
>>9134587
Faggot
The post
>>
>>9133436
cheese is good and cheap
produce sucks
ginger cookies
nuts are good and cheap
frozen naan
mochi ice cream
>>
>>9133436
coconut cashews. very tasty.

costco sells one that also has chocolate, but that's too decadent.
>>
Everything they have has soy and is full of gay ass nu male hipsters. Shop at costco or any other normal market, albertons, vons, ralphs etc
>>
A bunch of those $3 bottles of wine.
Maybe one of their premade wraps.
>>
>>9133474
And cat liter
>>
>>9133436
Get their sea salt brownies, or the chocolate chip cookie sandwiches, or cheese/cheese puffs/cheese crackers.

Been a long time since I actually ate their food.
>>
>>9133551
Because for the most part you are paying for entirely store brand stuff. They have a decent store brand but they save money not having to pay for the brand name products.
>>
A Pound Plus milk chocolate bar with almonds
>>
Get those ice cream filled mochi things

green tea and mango

ignore everything else
>>
>>9133625
Kroger has MUCH better generic/fake OREOS. TJ's are too thick/dense and not in a good way.
>>
>>9134731
>implying you should spend 5x the price to get a huge quantity when you only need/want a couple
>>
Their frozen pizzas are top tier. Get some gorilla munch.
>>
Vinegar potato chips.
>>
M E A T B A L L S
>>
>>9133436
my local traders joe has a dozen eggs for a dollar! which is quite a good deal in my opinion! maybe yours has some nice deals too (:

it's mostly shitty prepared foods and snack garbage though
>>
Trader Joe's started in Pasadena as a specialty wine, cheese and dried goods grocery, and that's still what they do best. Wine/Beer/Liquor, Cheese, Nuts and Dried Fruits are their best products. They also have bomb ass potato and tortilla chips. Frozen foods and sauces are generally good to great. The fresh produce is mid-tier. It's not great quality, but it is mostly organic, so you don't have to worry about pesticides etc. Their non edibles, like soaps, cleaning supplies and shampoos are mostly garbage, but they make really fuckin' nice toilet paper.

You'll save money on most products compared to other regular sized grocery stores because TJs mostly produces and sells only its own branded products. Their R&D on this is a bit shady--they invite small mom and pop, farmer's market type vendors into their store, test their products out for a time, and then either buy out their recipe or deconstruct them in their labs and reissue the product under their own label.
>>
Soycutash
>>
>>9135880
>because TJs mostly produces and sells only its own branded products

Not really. They private label, which means the products are made by someone else and have "Trader Joe's...." slapped on them. When I worked there, some of the boxes the items came in had the original packaging from the manufacturer. Some products were made by well known companies but not all.
>>
>>9133436
They are the cheapest supplier of nuts for me.
Their natty pb is very good, much more liquid so good for mixing into things.
They have the best shredded wheat.

I think that's about it. If they weren't an hour and a half away I might shop there more.
>>
File: 90568-frozen-mashed-potatoes450.png (225KB, 379x450px) Image search: [Google]
90568-frozen-mashed-potatoes450.png
225KB, 379x450px
>>9133436
Best frozen food idea ever.
>>
>>9134759
that's how i felt. I tried the machta green tea ones and everytime i would bite into one the filling would just ooze out of the sides. weren't too bad but I don't need them again.
>>
>>9133436
Apocryphal Pita
>>
>>9136875
wish they could have just made those unsalted and let people add their own seasoning
>>
>>9134735
a full liter?
>>
>>9135880
Their soaps are fuckin amazing you moron. Take that back before I come over there and beat ur ass
>>
Every time i go there i see some nice packaging and try something new but always end up disappointed. I just stick to buying the nuts and butters. The cookie butter is very good

Shout out to these as well, and the sweet organic yellow corn is 11/10, best corn ive ever had >>9136875
>>
>>9133490
kek

I like the toffee covered in chocolate and pistachios. Great stuff.
>>
File: sardines-in-harissa.jpg (37KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
sardines-in-harissa.jpg
37KB, 500x350px
They discontinued the sardines in harissa, easily the best tasting sardines around and cheap to boot. They'll taste my blade for that.
>>
>>9133501
I second this.
Also their ice cream sandwiches.
>>
Best prices on good cheese and wine
Mango yogurt gummies
Cranberry coconut granola
Bulgogi beef roast
Mango macarons

I use their tea tree shampoo, body wash etc. it makes your balls tingle quite nicely and smells amazing.
>>
>>9137761
Damn, I didn't see these last time I was there. Didn't realize they were gone.
>>
>>9133436
A Job.
>>
File: IMG_4915.jpg (50KB, 435x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4915.jpg
50KB, 435x518px
>>
File: IMG_4916.jpg (356KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4916.jpg
356KB, 1600x1067px
>>9138369
>>
I like the cookie butter they make. I can't speak for anything else though.

>tfw a fucking leaf
>>
>>9133436
CHICKEN DUMPLINGS
>>
File: 97908_japanese_fried_rice2.jpg (190KB, 340x504px) Image search: [Google]
97908_japanese_fried_rice2.jpg
190KB, 340x504px
>>
>>9138369
only correct answer in this thread

fuck trader joes
>>
>>9135880
>Their R&D on this is a bit shady--they invite small mom and pop, farmer's market type vendors into their store, test their products out for a time, and then either buy out their recipe or deconstruct them in their labs and reissue the product under their own label.
If mom and pop buckle and sell, it's all peachy keen, but if they don't they just steal their ideas from them. Really not cool.
So they're parasites, basically. Good to know. Thanks for the expose', anon.
>>
i went to a trader joe's once in NYC, whoever designed the layout of that store was a jackass, i couldn't find anything and neither could any of the employees.
>>
>>9138741
Probably you mistook it for a grocery store. It's basically an oversized convenience store selling gas station "treats" to NYU students living away from grownups for the first time in their lives.
>>
File: 1483945661129.jpg (35KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
1483945661129.jpg
35KB, 300x347px
>numale hipsters defending trader joe's
>numale hipsters disparaging trader joe's
an endless cycle, this website
>>
>>9133436

Mochi ice cream
"Mediterranean" hummus
Frozen naan (if you are going to make curry any time soon)

There, I just listed everything that is worth buying from TJs.
>>
dried pineapple rings, strawberry fruit bars, frozen chicken tikka masala + garlic naan

potstickers are pretty good too, speaking as a chinese kid
>>
>>9138759
>normal people have a broad spectrum of opinions, sometimes inconsistent with one another, and can somehow manage without shrieking "cuck" at one another
>this makes the alt-right uncomfortable
Retreat to your monochrome white supremacist containment board, pepe
>>
>>9133436
bottle of Dr. Bronner's liquid peppermint castile soap

take a hot shower and use it on your balls
>>
>>9138798
Don't do this, I tried it and my balls started to vent mustard gas
>>
>>9133436
>>
They have the best ginger snap cookies!
>>
>>9133474
Lol, I think that's the most buttblasted post I've read today. You need some diaper rash cream? Maybe a baby bottle full of scalded milk?
>>
>>9133501
I'm not a disgusting mentally impaired vegan, but I was with you until you said fucking tofurky and meatless meatballs. You disgusting pig.
Also, Miyoko's butter is delicious, and vegetable potstickers are the best kind.
Disgusting vegans........
>>
>>9140017
Not them but honestly everything they listed is tasty as fuck. Don't have to be vegan to enjoy it.
>>
>>9133436
They're the only place in town that has Clif bars for 99c.
>>
>>9138759
who is this?

>>9139482
just got some of this for the first time last week but havent opened it yet

also enjoy the unsalted peanut butter and other various unsalted nuts
>>
Havarti with dill cheese, pre-made salads are good and reasonable, frozen won ton soups, a few of the pizzas, pita crackers
>>
>>9141160
Their kale and edamame salad is one of the only salads I actually enjoy eating. Usually not a salad person, but it's a really nice treat.
>>
For snacks the unpopped/partially popped popcorn (can't remember what they call it) and giant Inca corn are excellent
>>
>>9133436
frozen pork belly
>>
>>9141174
Yea, they're reasonably priced and have some interesting options. I used to get that salad a lot as well. I used to swing by there if i needed lunch for work in a pinch.
>>
Black bean dip.
>>
>>9133436

Milk, butter and eggs are cheap and good quality. I like the ThreeBuckChuck Cab. A lot. Bananas are good and cheap. Limes are good quality and semi-cheap. Outside of those items I'd shop elsewhere, like at Wal-Mart if you have one that has a grocery department.
>>
>>9141198
this

also ghost pepper chips
>>
The frozen steak and ale pies there are delicious, so are there frozen appetizers like the mac&cheese balls and the chicken parm on a stick things, the frozen curry TV dinner things are really good also, everything else is pretty meh tbqh
>>
>>9138369
This is true
>>
>>9134759
>>9134759
I like Trader Joe's Oreos better than Oreos. Especially the candy cane ones around the holidays.
>>
they have a really good selection of wine and liquor. much better than your average grocery, if still inferior to specialty stores
>>
>>9133436
>frozen
Steak and ale pies
Potstickers
Their gnocchi is pretty good for a "fuck-it" diner
>snacks
White cheddar puffs are basically tasty air
The sour cream and onion ones are p good too
Coconut strips > coconut chips
Those extra crispy chocolate chip cookies
>>
File: Arino.png (169KB, 382x346px) Image search: [Google]
Arino.png
169KB, 382x346px
>Live in the city
>No car
>Only two choices for groceries are Trader Joes or Whole Foods

Trader Joes is just fine. Everything there is good, and the fresh vegetables and fruit are no different than what you get elsewhere.

I miss Publix.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.