[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Perfect Moka Pot Cup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3723.jpg (293KB, 2606x1465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3723.jpg
293KB, 2606x1465px
Tell me how to get the best cup out of a moka pot.
>>
Medium-fine grind (about the same as drip, finer than pour over), fill grind cup fully, but no overhang, do not compress grounds, they need to be loose

Only wipe with paper towels and water to clean

Pre heat the water in a separate vessel, then add to bottom (this is so you can instantly begin boiling as soon as you assemble)

Medium heat, bring to a brew quickly, drop heat as brewing goes

Pour as soon as bubbling sounds start, despite a little more still coming, that rest will be overextracted

Starting with cold water tends to cause a bitter brew, because of how you are heating up the entire pot, and how the water goes so slowly through the ground
>>
>>9128715
With mine, I only get half of the coffee I used to. Is this because the rubber seal is going bad? I've had it for a few years.
>>
>>9128721
A properly brewed pot of moka will not often spit up all of the water / brewed coffee. It's just staying in the grounds / bottom of the pot. If it doesn't rise, it isn't brewed properly as it didn't hit the brew time / pressure that makes moka so good.

To change output volumes, grind size matters, but heat transfer matters more. If you heat too quickly, you will get very little coffee. Try lowering your heat. Smaller 2 or 4 cup moka pots can work very well on lowest heat settings.
>>
>>9128715
When should I turn off the heat completely?
>>
>>9128934
As soon as any sputtering (bubbling noise, higher pressure of flow) occurs. The only flow of coffee should be slow, constant, and run directly down the spout. Heat is much too high if the coffee is shooting out the spout at all.
>>
>>9128944
I'll add to that...

Nearly all pots will spurt a bit at the end when there's no more liquid flow it will begin to push out some faux-crema and maybe spurt a little. This is very normal, but the point is that no sputtering should ever occur during the actual flow of coffee.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.