[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cherry Pie/ Fruit Pie Baking Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: CherryPie.jpg (353KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CherryPie.jpg
353KB, 1600x1200px
Baking a cherry pie. I sorta loosely used a recipe.

I used 2 sticks of butter that I froze for a bit before grating coarsely. I added 1/4 cup lard (I actually don't have shortening but I figure lard is fine for adding flakiness to dough) to the bowl of a food processor. Then I added 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tsp of salt, and 3 1/3 cups of AP flour.

Pulsed that all together, added a tsp of vinegar, then streamed in ice water slowly. Probably 1/2 cup or even 3/4.

Froze the dough for an hour.

Pitted maybe 3.5 pints of sour cherries and added cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon and about 1 tsp of vanilla extract. I added 1/4 cup of red wine. I added maybe a cup and a half or so of sugar, a little cream, some goat cheese that is about to go bad, about 1/4 cup cornstarch, and maybe 1/2 tsp salt.

Baked it in a cake pan (its deep) lined with parchment that I floured and buttered and blind-baked the crust in for 15 minutes covered with beans at 350 (perhaps was a bit too low, we will see) and then 5 minutes uncovered but I didn't wanna cook it too much.

Now baking it with filling added for 50 minutes @ 350. F.

I'm just making it for myself so I didn't do a lattice on the top. Have yet to attempt that. Also feel like that would throw off the filling to dough ratio since I used a lot of cherries.

Anyone else making seasonal fruit pies? What recipes do you like to use?
>>
http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/06/how-to-make-the-ultimate-cherry-pie.html

I use this recipe. Biggest mistake I constantly make is dividing the dough evenly, my bottom crust is always too small.
If you try the tapioca starch with blueberries use a bit more than it says. Mine always comes out runny.
>>
>>9128329
I always try to portion the dough out 55% bottom crust 45% top crust but 3 1/3 cup flour is very generous even for a 2 crust 9 inch pie.

I trimmed the edges with a rubber spatula.
>>
File: CherryPie2.jpg (2MB, 2896x3144px) Image search: [Google]
CherryPie2.jpg
2MB, 2896x3144px
>>9128305
Here's how it turned out. Doesn't look like much but hopefully tastes good.
>>
I like to use this recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/classic-sour-cherry-pie-with-lattice-crust-242514
>>
File: be-bop-a-ree-bop.jpg (732KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
be-bop-a-ree-bop.jpg
732KB, 1280x960px
Usually I make raspberry and rhubarb pies in the summer, because they grow around my house. Moving soon though; all good things must end.

Yesterday I made a pie from wild black-cap raspberries I picked fresh that morning. Haven't sampled it yet tho.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.