[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i really like working in a restaurant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (84KB, 800x701px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
84KB, 800x701px
i really like working in a restaurant
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 222x227px
Just give it time.
>>
You must be new
>>
me too

I like making good food for customers and coworkers. I like it when the staff works so well together that they know exactly what's going on and can do little things to help eachother out

now I'm the manager and I might fucking kill myself
>>
>>9126716
It's fun, I worked in restaurants for the better part of my 20s. Now I have a "respectable" 9-5 job but I miss the restaurant lifestyle a lot.
>>
>>9126716
Me too. Cooking has always been a passion of mine and I am honestly addicted to the adrenaline rush of service.
>clock in
>shoot the shit with everyone, jokng and having fun setting up
>everyone serious and working as a team in what is almost a choreographed dance routine
>the drama and stress when everyone is in the weeds and ready to kill each other
>smoke breaks where you laugh like you weren't all ready to kill each other
>back to it
>winding down and clocking out
>see you tomorrow
It's great even if I am often the stereotypical surly chef most of the shift but in my head I'm whistling dixie
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 872x784px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 872x784px
>>9126764
do you have time to cook as well?
>>
File: 1486867985062.jpg (29KB, 480x335px) Image search: [Google]
1486867985062.jpg
29KB, 480x335px
>>9126800
yeah, the way our company is structured, the pizza cook is the manager

it fucking blows like today it was me, a 16 year old driver, a homeless cashier and a dude in the back who started brand new about 3 weeks ago with nothing but construction experience and a learning disability

heavy storm started and a power flicker gave us internet issues for the rest of the night, which really fucked up the new cashier

so I'm supposed to make and tend pizzas while being responsible for their performance

tonight I got drilled for giving a customer a 50% refund ($25) when she's been ordering for years and her order was completely wrong

I guess the challenge of doing the impossible keeps me kind of... stimulated... but at this point I mostly feel defeat

I used to just work in the back and pitch in elsewhere when needed. Now I just hear complaints because the subs aren't as good anymore. I wanna go back to making the subs

I am not a good manager, not in this company anyways. He promoted me when I was thinking about leaving to be manager at my other job, Subway. He talked me into taking over his store instead. The owners have enjoyed many vacations this year but the male boss thinks he can squeeze higher profits out of me. I can only do so much when he still micromanages the store just enough to fuck me up. Like this new cashier, she was doing OK until he came in and worked one night and got her head all fucked up.

I just want to... overcome my weaknesses... but this little place is gonna be the death of me :(
>>
>>9126982
>tonight I got drilled for giving a customer a 50% refund ($25) when she's been ordering for years and her order was completely wrong

That's how you lose clients, you should've given a full refund
>>
>>9127005
Oh, I know. I'm not so bad at customer service. I almost gave her a full refund but caught myself

The owner is only worried about the bottom line for the day. It's "his fucking money" I'm giving away after all

I want out but I really need the money right now and I don't have much time to find something else. Right now I have a couple offers via friends in other restaurants and I'm gonna try not to fuck up too hard with whatever choice I make. I can't stay here though, I think today was the last straw
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.