[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Recipe Sharing Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: recipe box.jpg (61KB, 710x710px) Image search: [Google]
recipe box.jpg
61KB, 710x710px
Hey guys, I got stuck with a 24 hour ban recently, and I think it was the slap in the face I needed because I was shitposting all the damn time and it needed to stop. So now I want to contribute constructive posts again so I thought a thread where we share our best/favorite recipes would be a nice way to improve the overall quality of our board. I'll start us off with one of mine, just my personal method for making pot roast I've refined over the years and ended up writing down.
>>
>>9126211
Ingredients
>2 and 1/2 pound bone-in chuck roast
>2 medium-sized yellow onions
>2 turnips
>2 large carrots
>9 petite red potatoes
>2 cloves of garlic
>2 fresh rosemary sprigs
>Half a can(6 ounces) of your favorite beer
>1 quart of beef stock (will most likely be leftover stock)
>1 teaspoon parsley flakes
>1 teaspoon celery seed
>1 teaspoon oregano
>1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
>2 teaspoons sea salt
>2 teaspoons black pepper
>2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
>roughly 2 tablespoons olive oil(for greasing the pan and rubbing on the roast)
For the gravy:
>2 tablespoons unsalted butter
>2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
>1 teaspoon black pepper

Pat down the beef with sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Set it aside. Meanwhile, wash and chop all the vegetables into roughly 1-inch chunks. Put half of the vegetables into a large crock pot. Heat a large pan on high heat and grease it with olive oil. Sear the chuck roast in the pan for about 5 minutes on each side, or until both sides have developed a nice dark brown sear. Lay the meat on top of the vegetables in the crock pot, and the cover with the rest of the vegetables. Keep the pan hot, and deglaze it with the beer and about 4 ounces of beef stock. While the liquid is reducing in the pan, crush the garlic cloves under the flat of a knife and stir them in along with one sprig of rosemary. Once the liquid is reduced in volume by half, pour it all into the crock pot. Add the rest of the spices to the crock pot and enough beef stock to come halfway up the side. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 hours.
>>
>>9126215

When done, ladle out 1/2 a cup of the liquid and set aside. Melt the butter in a small pan on medium heat, and sieve in the flour while whisking constantly. When the roux has developed a dark blonde color, slowly add the pot roast liquid while whisking until smooth. Add the black pepper and cook until a thick consistency is achieved. Plate the pot roast with a slotted spoon, allowing the liquid to drain back into the pot, and drizzle with gravy before serving. Leftovers keep in the refrigerator for about a week, and the liquid can be strained of solids and fat to make stock for future dishes.
>>
I took this directly from Momofuku and David Chang but its so goddamn good I use it all the time.
He states in the book you can use it on fried cauliflower as well, but I have only done it with brussel sprouts.

Fish Sauce Vinagrette
1/2 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup sugar
1 garlic glove minced
1-3 bird's eye chili (the tiny thai chilies) slice real thin

mix up the vinagrette, apply liberally to sauteed sprouts.
>>
>>9126291
Maybe I'm just ignorant, but isn't fish sauce super salty? 1/2 a cup seems like quite a lot of really strong flavor. I have a bottle of stuff labeled fish sauce in my fridge, I use it to add savory flavor to stuff but it's so strong and salty I never use more than a few dashes. It sounds pretty good otherwise.
>>
>>9126211
Ingredients:
>Mayonaise
>Egg
>mayonegg
Prep:
>Squirt mayonaise in your mouth
>Put egg in
>swallow it whole like the god damn savage you are
>>
>>9126315
its moderately salty yeah, but the recipe has treated me well.
While I said apply liberally, i usually halve 10-20 sprouts, sautee and toss until a bit more than wet and simply keep the rest of the vinagrette in the fridge.

You can try making the recipe with less fish sauce and simply taste it before using it on something and decide if you want to add the rest.
>>
>>9126327
I'll give it a shot sometime, thanks.
>>
Well, guess I'll just post another. This one is an American meat pie that isn't chicken pot pie, believe it or not. It's cheeseburger pie. Each bite tastes remarkably like a bite of a nice burger in all but texture.

Ingredients
>1 pie shell, frozen or homemade, unbaked
>1 pound ground beef
>1/2 cup chopped onion
>2 cloves garlic, crushed
>3/4 teaspoon salt
>1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
>2 large eggs
>2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
>2 tablespoons ketchup
>3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
>4 to 6 dill pickles slices, chopped
>1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend or a Cheddar/American blend
>sliced tomatoes

Heat oven to 375°. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat, drain excess fat. Add the garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook on low heat until the onions turn transparent. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. In a medium bowl whisk eggs with the mustard, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in chopped dill pickle. Stir into the cooled ground beef mixture. Stir in about 1/2 cup of the cheese. Pack into the pie shell and bake for 30 minutes.Top with the sliced tomatoes, then top with remaining shredded cheese and bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until cheese topping has melted and the crust is browned.

Alternatively, you can just put the tomatoes and cheese on at first and then seal the top up with more pie crust. Make sure your cut slits into the top and flute the edges well so it doesn't leak too much.
>>
File: Curried-Coconut-Corn-Chowder.jpg (175KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
Curried-Coconut-Corn-Chowder.jpg
175KB, 736x981px
>>9126211
Thank you for a nice thread OP.
This recipe is taken from Foodwishes and heavily edited to be vegan (or if you just can't afford crab meat):
https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2012/02/creole-crab-corn-chowder-let-good.html
>1/2 cup diced onion
>1/2 cup diced bell pepper and/or hot
>1 1/2 stalk diced celery
>2 carrots diced
salt and pepper to taste
>1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
> 2-3 tbsp turmeric
>3 1/2 cup water or stock, divided (2 1/2 for the pot, and 1 cup for the blender)
>1 pound sweet corn kernels, divided
>4 cloves peeled garlic
>1 tsp paprika, or to taste
>2-3lbs potatoes roughly chopped, I like Yukon Gold & Sweet Potato since they don't break down too much
>Italian parsley for garnish

Sweat your diced veggies, except the pepper/potatoes, in a big soup pot on medium for 3-5 minutes with the some coarse salt, paprika, and cayenne and while that's going on throw part of your divided corn, liquid, and garlic in a processor/blender and puree. After the veggies have slightly softened add both the puree + rest of your cooking liquid & whole kernel corn + peppers/potatoes to the pot and crank the heat up to high to get a boil going. After boil is reached back heat down to medium low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally and making sure to scrape the fond that builds up on the pot's sides back into the liquid as it reduces. Lastly at the end, add turmeric for flavor and color and then taste and adjust salt/spices.

I usually double or triple this recipe for make ahead meals. It also freezes really well from experience. You can go longer cooking just be sure to add water/stock as the soup reduces. If you like some richness you can add a can of coconut milk/cream during the last 5 minutes of cooking. A variation is add some corn starch or flour dissolved in cold water to the mixture until thickened to your desire consistency and then ladle it over rice.
>>
>>9128346
Recipes. It says it right there. Writing recipes on note cards and keeping them in a box in the kitchen is a common practice.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.