[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol and spirits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: white russian.gif (494KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
white russian.gif
494KB, 500x281px
Can someone give an alcohol virgin the basic gestalt on alcohol, wine, beer and cocktails?
I want all the details: best wines, best beers and best cocktails, how and when to take them.
>>
>>9125958
This is all objective anon, and pairings depend on what you're eating it with. As for how and when, I prefer to start early in the morning until I pass out mid afternoon. Wake up in the evening, smoke some weed to work out the shakes, and then try eating something.
>>
that's kind of like asking what "the best spice" is, a good way to end up with nutmeg in your tacos and chili powder in your eggnog.

but, tl;dr -
wine: red cellar temp with hearty foods, white fridge temp with lighter foods. under $10 is for cooking, depression, and hookups you'd rather remember only vaguely; over $20 is for clients, dates, and champagne. styles tend to couple well to their local cuisine.

beer: ale is nutty or bitter and serves at cellar temp, and pairs best with most foods. lager is crisp and serves at fridge temp to almost frozen, and pairs best with spicy or salty. stouts are for dessert or all day drinking in lieu of solid meals.

cocktails: you're basically mixing extracts. there's nothing here but personal tastes or pretentiousness. the only advice anyone can give is to try neat at some point $20ish vodka, white rum, spiced rum, tequila, bourbon, and rye, plus $50ish scotch, and see which one you prefer as a base, then branch out from there.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.