[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yeast starter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: p1070912.jpg (310KB, 2951x3935px) Image search: [Google]
p1070912.jpg
310KB, 2951x3935px
Is it really superior to dried yeast? What's the taste difference between bread made from dried yeast, which you can get from your local groceries and bread which has home made natural yeast?
>>
Longer rises and older, active yeast has a bit different flavor than a quick rise and starters generally have lactobacilli in them.
>>
File: RqBBMTh.jpg (115KB, 822x760px) Image search: [Google]
RqBBMTh.jpg
115KB, 822x760px
>>9124426
>>
>>9124530
That gal carried and gave birth to twins. Better respect, faggot.
>>
>>9124542
Hello roastie
>>
File: WP_20170410_11_17_08_Pro.jpg (530KB, 1728x1731px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170410_11_17_08_Pro.jpg
530KB, 1728x1731px
>>9124426
>Is it really superior to dried yeast?
In terms of taste, yes. In terms of time to rise, no.

>What's the taste difference between bread made from dried yeast, which you can get from your local groceries and bread which has home made natural yeast?
The taste difference likely comes, not from the yeast, but from the starter itself. The recipe is going to call for between 50 and 250 grams of yeast starter per loaf. That heavily fermented starter is going to introduce a TON of flavor to your bread. The flavor is common to all starters but each might be a tad different. Common tasting notes would include words like funky, fermented, and sour... As well as less useful words like rustic or home made.

I've been baking for about a decade at this point and I only bake bread if I have a starter going. My family likes the taste way better. I use commercial yeast plus starter if I want a quicker rise, and I use only commercial yeast in sweet pastry doughs like cinnamon rolls... That's the best use for commercial yeast imo.
>>
>>9124542
women get huge because they drink too much water and the body stores it as amniotic fluid.
>>
>>9124530
Dude, that's gnarly. Can they remove that somehow?
>>
>>9124602

Is it possible to use unfiltered water for your yeast starter or do you have to use filtered/bottle water?
>>
>>9124622

The risk has nothing to do with filtered or not, rather it's the presence of chlorine which is added to tap water to kill bacteria. That will also kill yeast.

You need water which is free from Chlorine. Filtered/bottled is the easiest way to get that. You could also use tap water, boil it, then let it cool back down to room temp. Boiling the water will drive off the chlorine.
>>
>>9124542
Because plopping out a couple kids is hard?
>>
>>9124622
I use distilled because I know it won't have chlorine in it to hurt my little babies! However, once established, I have a feeling that tap water, or filtered tap, might be ok... Some youtubers with successful starters never bring it up, and seem to stupid to have ever even considered what was in their tap water.

I have heard that chorine will gas out of water if left out over night. I own a pool and can attest that water left in sunlight will have the chlorine burned out by uv light in about a day or two, at low concentration. You could dechlorinate your tap water by just leaving some in a jar the day before feeding, next to a non uv tinted window. . Or try both and tell us what works out!
>>
>>9124621
Nope. It will heal to be a lot less drastic over time, but stretched skin like that never goes back to what it was fully.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.