[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indian Recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: i8mkaJh.jpg (152KB, 819x614px) Image search: [Google]
i8mkaJh.jpg
152KB, 819x614px
hi /ck/ i'm looking for sources on good and authentic indian recipes.
there are thousand different recipes everywhere and i can't decide what's legit.
blogs, books, yt-channels, your own recipes, everything is welcome.
>>
>>9123159
indian food is actually very hard to get right, you can't just throw the spices in there and expect it to taste good. eat my shorts
>>
>>9123170
i'm not looking for shortcuts or whatever you are implying
>>
File: 1465026665395.jpg (62KB, 800x668px) Image search: [Google]
1465026665395.jpg
62KB, 800x668px
>>9123201
>tfw Zayne from one direction will never be inside you
It's not fair
>>
Nothing called Indian food...........you need to be specific like Punjabi food or Bengali food ...look for home recipes as most of the stuff in most restaurants is anything like whats consumed in the best of homes.
>>
>>9123222
good double
>>
>>9123223
What's the difference between the two? Not OP but I wanna cook indian too, seems rich.
>>
>>9123251
>find your local Zayne
>dark enough to pass as indian
>works for recipe
>milk your Zayne
>take all his man milk and add a little of yours if you have to get one cup man milk
>take your Zayne to a grassy area preferably one he may enjoy
>allow him to poo with no loo
>Take your Zaynes chocolate starfish surprise add to cup of man milk
>Take poetry you have written for your Zayne and collect his tears of joy from hearing your wonderful poem
>throw them in the cup
Drink
WALA
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
>>9123159
https://www.vahrehvah.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/vahchef/videos
All you need OP.
>>
Sadly, due to a lot of squabbling over regional differences and a LOT of regional differences there is no definitive collection of Indian recipes. The best attempts have been by bored rich women like Padma Lakshmi and Madhur Jaffery living in the west. I really do think that the best resource available at this time is YouTube.
>>9123311
This guy is good for south Indian and does restaurant style north Indian passably.
Other videos which just capture a dude cooking rather than recipe videos. They're good but you need a decent grasp of ingredients and techniques to get anything from those.
Blogs are really hit or miss. A lot of them are "My hubby doesn't like X so I subbed it for Y"
My best advice would be to pick a region and really dig in to it. Use all the resources you can find and buy all the ingredients you need.
>>
YT Nisha Madhulika
>>
Indian here.

You can try khichdi. Anyone can make that
It's nothing except rice, lentils, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, salt and chilli powder (if you like)
>>
>>9123159
That's all fecal matter on your plate op
>>
>>9123489
>1800 AD
>Western civilization invades Asia for spices
>2017 AD
>Western retard doesn't know what spices look like
>>
>>9123311
>>9123437
thanks guys i will check out more of his recipes.
i love the video where he is getting drunk cooking chicken in wine.

maybe i'll find a region that i specifically want to get into like you recommended.
>>
>>9123468
will check out
>>
>>9123480
sounds good
>>
>>9123170
>indian food is actually very hard to get right, you can't just throw the spices in there and expect it to taste good

Bullshit.

Watch some actual Indian people making food and that's exactly what they do, which is the same as everybody else.

Fuck off with your nonsense.

>>9123159

Just go to youtube, find some Indians making food, compare it with other Indians making the same dish, and then choose the one that appeals to you the most.
>>
>>9123223
>Nothing called Indian food.

Bitch, if it's made in India, by Indians, then it's Indian food.

The fuck out of here with your special snowflake regional horseshit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.