[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overmarinated chicken?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Ginger2-1020x765.jpg (64KB, 1020x765px) Image search: [Google]
Ginger2-1020x765.jpg
64KB, 1020x765px
Hi guys,

It's 8 AM here. I put my chicken into marinate at 5 PM the previous day and since that time it's sitting in my fridge. I'm going on a BBQ which starts about 6 PM today.

My question is: can I overmarinate my chicken? Should I try to "save" it somehow, like removing it from marinate?

The breasts (which I used) have been cut in halves horizontally and that's what I've used in my marinate:

> rice oil
> olive oil
> salt
> plenty of fresh ginger (grated)
> plenty of fresh garlic (crushed)
> zest of an entire lemon + it's juice
> sweet paprika
> pepper
> honey

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I don't want to ruin my dish!
>>
File: 12.jpg (12KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
12KB, 300x100px
I unironically use feces to marinate chicken.
Ama
Will provide pics in later separate thread
>>
>>9114612
you are fine. flip the bag.
>>
If you use an acid like lemon juice, absolutely that can happen. It will actually cook the meat slowly. If you look at your chicken now it's probably started turning a bit white. You're not gonna die or anything but generally you want to apply acid or citrus-based marinades a few hours before cooking, lest your meat turn out not so juicy. Especially if you're only using breasts which you cut up, thus maximizing their surface area.

I'd look at the surface of the meat and see how its color has changed, then decide what to do.
>>
>>9114612
Yes, you can over marinate.
Especially with the acid in it (lemon juice). And the salt and garlic, to a lesser extent.
I'd pull it out and give it a quick rinse under cold water.
8 hours is probably fine for that marinaDe. 12 is pushing it. 24 and they'll taste like the marinade and not like chicken that's been marinated.
>>
OP here.

>>9114643
>>9114663

Indeed, it turned slightly "white-ish" on the surface, but it may as well be the power of suggestion. However, what I've noticed, is that the meat is firmer to the touch. I guess the acids started to "cook" the proteins.

I gave all 8 pieces of meat (4 breasts) a rince. I'll pat them dry, but what to do next? Put it back into the marinate ar drop the marinate, leave just a little bit and then put the meat in?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.