[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really activates my almonds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 20

File: 1483640316696.jpg (127KB, 576x835px) Image search: [Google]
1483640316696.jpg
127KB, 576x835px
Really activates my almonds.
>>
Really though, how do we end tipping?
>>
File: C4myUdTVYAAyBdl.jpg (180KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4myUdTVYAAyBdl.jpg
180KB, 1200x1200px
>ameritips
>>
Am I supposed to tip at the farmer's market?
>>
>>9113718
This has to be a joke
>restaurant owners aren't pieces of shit for screwing their own employees
>you're a piece of shit for not paying them the money that their employer should pay
>>
>server doesn't have the balls to form a union and demand a working wage
>somehow I'm the coward for not giving him free gibs out of the kindness of my heart

Really kickstarts my cashews
>>
File: 1497745952953.jpg (108KB, 520x810px) Image search: [Google]
1497745952953.jpg
108KB, 520x810px
>>9113718
On the same wavelength of autism as
>>
How much do you tip your grindr dates?
>>
>>9113741
How about gentrification + rent control? Isn't that the best of both worlds for everyone but slumlords?
>>
Didn't we JUST have a thread where restaurant workers had the min wage pushed BACK after it went UP so they could go back to getting tax free tips because they're cheap stupid pieces of shit?
>>
>Less than minimum wage argument
Employer must make up the difference if wages+tips < minimum wage. Failure to comply could result in fines and/or jail time.
>>
>>9113718
>Servers in the US are paid $2 to $3 per hour because restaurants are permitted to bypass the federal minimum wage requirements.

I like how they put the made up bullshit in small text.
>>
>>9113721
>Really though, how do we end tipping?

Create tipsharing communism.

>All tips for all servers are combined in one big jar.

>The money in the jar is evenly distributed to all cooks, servers, bartenders, and busboys at the end of the night.

>"""BUT I WORK HARDER SO I SHOULD GET PAID MORE REEEEEE"""

That's what we've been trying to tell you all along, faggot, now you get it.
>>
>what is a culturally accepted method of paying service workers

I swear to god the only people complaining about tipping have brain problems. Just be a regular person for once in your lives
>>
How much do you tip your server at McDonalds?
>>
>>9113780
>just do whatever everyone else does without questioning it
>>
How about we only tip people who have the capacity to fuck things up? Screwing up my order isn't fucking it up because it means I get to spend longer there without being a waste of space.
>>
>>9113780
>pay narrow-shouldered problem glasses-wearing big bang theory-watching cuckold an extra 15 fucking clams for his incredible bipedal movement capabilities
OR
>walk 10 feet to the kitchen and get my food myself
>>
I have no photo editing talent, but I want to edit OPs pic to say "I don't sip" and have some similar bullshit under it.
>>
>>9113718
So my boss is paying for our meal (and by that I mean he's using the company business account). Who tips? I'm not paying and my boss is a cheapskate.

Wat do?
>>
>>9113768
That's not bullshit, servers have an exception to the minimum wage because they are expected to meet or exceed it through tips.
What they neglect to tell you is the employer is still obligated to make up the difference if the server pulls in less than minimum wage in tips.
>>
>>9113780
If it's culturally accepted for the whole city to draw lots and stone an unlucky citizen to death, do you pick up a rock just to be normal?
>>
>>9113718
USA, you are a joke, we all make fun of you and your stupid ways, also we fucked your mom.
>>
>>9113850
> they are expected to meet or exceed it through tips.
What happens when the employer includes the waitresses wages in the price of the food and pay them minimum wage while banning customers from tipping?
How fucking hard can it BE?
>>
>>9113898
Some restaurants already do this and report that in general their staff are much happier for it, since their income is stable and predictable and they are no longer tearing their hair out trying to please strangers for random handouts.

Customers are happier to, since the waitstaff are doing their jobs properly and happily rather than with that edge of desperation that often ruins service.
>>
>>9113898
Do I get excellent service when I visit Europe as an obvious American because they're hoping for a big tip out of it, or are Europeans just excellent by DeWalt?
>>
>>9113741
>a POC

white people always getting away with saying nigger somehow
>>
america was a mistake
>>
File: BLACK OLIVES MATTER.jpg (46KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
BLACK OLIVES MATTER.jpg
46KB, 672x372px
>>9113942
No, more like niggers and SJWs getting away with bringing "coloreds" back into the lexicon, but calling it "people of color" as if that's any different.
>>
>>9113924
What is excellent service?
They take your order, then bring it to the table.
I'd say thats excellent enough, what are they going to do to improve my experience? Give me a blowjob while waiting the kitchen to make the food?
>>
Do you guys tip if it you get charged before getting food?
>>
>>9113966
Sometimes they have the foreskin to bring and extra plate and fork when the bf and I order a single dessert because we're not fat enough to each have our own.
>>
>>9113991
Most places like that I've been to recently have the payment app prompt for tip.
>>
>>9113992
freudian slip there ya fuckin mo?
>>
>>9113992
>foreskin
Foresight?
>>
>>9113718
>Supporting single mothers why would you do this
>>
>>9113966
Depends on where you're from.

In Europe: excellent means they have you seated and with a beverage within 30 seconds of entering, and disappear like ghosts if they're not currently taking or serving an order.

In America: excellent means that they basically pull up a chair next to you and talk your ear off all night, hardly letting you or your guests get a word in edgewise.
Even if they're busy serving another table entirely they should still stop by and ask if you're finished with your half-eaten food and snatch it away from you while you're still mid-chew.
Somehow this is considered friendly and welcoming.
>>
>tfw i tipped a Canadian mountain ATV tour guide 20 cad

He let us slide down the mountain on our asses in the snow, though, so he pretty much earned it.
>>
>>9113789
Its literally not hurting anybody and allows people from poor backgrounds to live without welfare. Dont "not tip" because of some asshole from some dumb fucking movie
>>
>>9114032
talked to another student at uni who told me when he was over in canada studying abroad, he didn't know how to tip so when he went to tip a cab driver the driver knew instantly he wasn't used to tipping so just told him to not tip anyone. basically saying 'if you don't tip where you are from then don't tip here'.
>>
Either you're going to pay in tips or the cost of food will go up and/or you'll just start getting an automatic service charge tacked on to the bill. I don't know why people are so assblasted about tipping given that they'll end up paying about the same price either way. I suppose you free-ride on the current system if you don't tip, but then you'll just get shit service every time.

I go to the bar sometimes with a guy who rarely if ever tips the bartenders--they remember him and ignore him consistently. He gets drinks eventually, but it takes foreeeveeer.
>>
>>9114077
People specifically want the system to change.
If you keep tipping youre not helping that now are you?
>>
>>9114089
See, I just don't know why they want it to change. I figure I'll end up paying about the same either way. Why do you care if you have a service charge or have to figure out 15% on your own? And at least with tipping you have done petty recourse if you get treated like shit/forgotten.
>>
Why can't I just pay someone else to do the tipping for me?
>>
>>9113886
the jokes on you because my mother is a whore!

also, tip you cheap fucks. $1/beer $2/cocktail at an airport bar, 20% at a restaurant unless the service is complete garbage, then you leave 25% to teach them to try harder.
>>
>>9113733
>you're a piece of shit for not paying them the money that their employer should pay
With or without tips, you're paying their wage
>>
File: Norman_Fell_1970.jpg (71KB, 339x452px) Image search: [Google]
Norman_Fell_1970.jpg
71KB, 339x452px
>>9113750
>How about gentrification + rent control? Isn't that the best of both worlds for everyone but slumlords?

What's the property owners incentive for improving the property to attract white hipsters?
>>
>>9114077
>I don't know why people are so assblasted about tipping given that they'll end up paying about the same price either way

The server performs the exact same amount of work whether you order a $20 bottle of wine with dinner or $200.
Why does he deserve $4 for opening the first bottle but $40 for opening the second?
>>
>>9114132
>$1/beer

They're already charging me $7 for that bottle when I know for a fact it's only $2 at the liquor store, why do they deserve another $1 on top of the already ass-raping markup?
>>
>>9114146
God damn that's not the point, the point is I shouldn't have to give extra money just so their employer can afford to buy a few more lamborghinis
>>
>>9114149
Most people rent a place because of what it's near, not the quality of the box itself.

All I know is the fat detective in dark deco batman cartoon likes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent_regulation
>>
>>9113718
>I'm not getting tips
>This can't be because my service is shitty, people are just cheap
>>
Tipping is unheard of in Japan
They have a much better culture than us.
>>
I only tip polyglots who can help me with my homework.
>>
File: Firenze Restaurant Warren MI.jpg (144KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Firenze Restaurant Warren MI.jpg
144KB, 480x320px
I’ve never worked in the food industry (machinist here) but I went out with some friends tonight to a popular local family restaurant where I had the liver & onions, my buddy got veal scallopini, his wife got chicken parmesan and their kid had fried fish and along with a couple of beers, the bill was $52.11, which I picked up and my friends dropped a $10 bill for a tip, which is 20%.

Food was good as always and the service was quick but the waitress only had to spend at the most, 10mins total actually serving us (taking the order, bringing drinks, food, etc.) and she had a few other tables she was working and assuming they left similar tips, she was easily making $30+ per hour simply for walking back and forth a few times in a clean air-conditioned restaurant.

Meanwhile, I’m getting $18 an hour in a hot noisy dirty shop running a bridgeport all day.
>>
>>9114185
Oh, they've heard about tipping alright.
Many a server has lost valuable working time having to chase down tourists in the streets or even to their hotels and give them their tips back.
>>
>>9114195
I live right around the block from that place in centerline, I've never tried is it any good?
>>
>>9113746
A condom bikini and a bowl of eggs.
>>
>>9114204
New Japanese game show: Tip a native and escape the country before he catches you.
>>
>>9113718
Tips are earned, not deserved. Any other viewpoint is objectively wrong.

Source: was a busboy and a server
>>
>>9113741
thank god Trump won
>>
>>9114050
I just treated it like a restaurant, 10% for good service and 20% for excellent service. I knew it was expected and he did a really nice job, let me do a lot of dumb shit.
>>
>>9113718
>Be American business
>get the consumer to directly pay the wage of employees
>try and treat people bad for not sheeping out
Great system idiots
>>
>>9113718
Here's a tip: go to college
>>
>>9114387
Lots of servers i work with have degrees, lots of computer science degrees oddly enough. Going to (((college))) no longer gurantees a comfy office job that oays 60k+ a year the market is too saturated
Also
>encouraging debt
Kys
>>
>>9114206
>I live right around the block from that place in centerline, I've never tried is it any good?

You've never been to Ferengis?

It's a good family restaurant that's been there forever and is packed on Fridays.
>>
>>9114304
You arent a brave rebel, youre a piece of shit thats shorting a working class person out of money. You pay for the food and tip for the service. Would you rather see prices double because on top of servers getting a high hourly they also get medical, vacations etc?
>>
>>9113718
>cheap piece of shit
>waaaah support my alcoholic middle class single mother lifestyle! pity me because I made bad choices but have a vagina!
>>
>>9113778
Tip communism is way worse. Trust me. You don't make shit
>>
>>9114169
Don't you get that you will pay the money either way?
>>
File: 1496531550711.png (77KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
1496531550711.png
77KB, 750x780px
>tfw I almost never tip
>tfw the few times I do tip, it's like 5% or less, often in foreign currency, just enough to let the server know they are human garbage
>>
>>9114398
Cool here's my second tip: don't be a moron. I graduated comp sci in 2013 with a shit GPA from a state school and had no trouble finding a job. Good luck with your problems... over there ---->
>>
>Notice restaurant adds a % extra on the bill bullshit
>Fuck you, take that off
>>
File: quark2.jpg (127KB, 554x645px) Image search: [Google]
quark2.jpg
127KB, 554x645px
>>9114406
>Ferengi's
>>
>>9114387
lol thinks most office jobs aren't going to be offshored to poo in loos in the next 5-10 years
>>
>WAAAAH YOURE NOT GIVING ME EVEN MORE MONEY WAAAAH
Servers who have the gaul to complain about bad tips on anything less than an 8 top are insufferable entitled cunts
>>
I tip exactly one place, my local pizza delivery joint. They know I tip well if I get my shit fast and don't tip if they are slow. I always get my shit fast because of this.

Spending a bit extra to build a relationship like this is worth it. If I'm never coming back to a place then I get zero benefit from tipping so I don't.
>>
>>9113751
Yes.
Tipping is for fools
>>
>>9114529
Rule of Acquisition #3: Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
>>
>>9114132
>tipping the bartender
>>
>>9113718
What happens when I tell them that?
>>
>>9114682
Waiters and waitresses will look at you with the pent up rage from all the people who've stiffed them before
>>
>>9114682
They wont wipe your ass for you everytime you need it
>>
>>9113721

Everybody in the united states has to agree to stop tipping, and also waiters have to not whine about it.
>>
A few anons mentioned tip pooling. From what I've seen most places do not distribute it evenly over the entire staff. Normally goes into tiers with the lower staff (bussers, barbacks, hosts, food runners) receiving the lowest percentage, followed by servers then bartenders. The pool also tends to factor in hours worked so say the volume server who is cut early does not make as much as one who works the entire length of service.

First bar I worked at used a pool where it was split evenly between the cocktail servers and bartenders based on hours worked. Barback (my position) got paid relatively decent and would only get a small cut from the pool on weekend shifts.

If the place works on individual tips instead of a pool and the host delegates tables properly the difference in earnings is normally negligible. There are always going to be exceptions to this though.

>>9114181
I've been in hospitality for a few years and nothing pisses me off more than this mentality. A good portion of shitty bartenders / servers never want to admit they provided poor service to anyone. It happens, for one reason or another. I know if I am inattentive to a guest I shouldn't be butthurt if the tip were to reflect that.
>>
Tipping is basically "communism is bad unless it benefits the corporations".
>>
>>9114423
>every server is a woman
>implying people don't serve their way thru university
i think tipping being treated as mandatory is stupid as fuck, hell i've refrained from tipping plenty of times when the service/food sucked. but you're clearly a frustrated /r9k/-ling
>>
>>9114411
you realize employees in Japan get all that and the food still magically still cost like $5 for a meal?
>>
File: 1461969100697 (1).png (297KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1461969100697 (1).png
297KB, 640x640px
>>9113718
>The only condition is that you must tell your server
>You must
>Must

Who the fuck do these people think they are? What happened to "The customer is always right"?
>>
>>9114794
We gave the entitled and mentally ill a voice.
>>
>>9114754
The wording of the OP image implies a stuck up bitch who needs the forced gratuity to maintain their lifestyle and throws a hissy fit when they don't get their way. Like, walking food from a kitchen to a table with a (even fake) smile entitles you to so much more than the rest of us down at the bottom making min wage. We don't tip cashiers/baggers, Uber drivers, sales clerks, any sort of plumber/handyman/blue collar workers. The fuck they think they are?
>>
>>9113718
The only person I tip regularly is my barber.
>>
>>9113924
I actually turned down tips when Americans tried to offer them to me when I was working in a pub.
>>
>>9114010
This.

>Enter restaurant, ask for table, get seated, waiter hands menus, comes back in a few minutes to ask you what you would like to drink and a few more once you're ready to order.
>Only comes back to give you what you ordered and when you've finished, asking you if you want dessert.

Prompt, polite and clean. That's good service.

Not "HEY MY NAME IS SARAH AND I'M YOUR WAITRESS CAN I GET YOU ANYTHING, YOU FOLKS ENJOYING YOUR MEAL ARE YOU DONE, YOU WANT A REFILL YOU WANT ANOTHER DRINK, YOU WANT TO SUPERSIZE TO THE MEGAFUNTASTIC DUBBAWUBBA MEAL, HAVING A GOOD TIME, YOU WANT A DRINK, EVERYTHING ALRIGHT HERE, YOU FOLKS HAVING A GOODTIME, YOU'RE FINISHED, LEMME GET THAT FOR YOU YOU WANT A DRINK?;

If I want another drink, I will catch your eye and ask you for another drink. When I am finished, it is clear as my cutlery will be positioned and I will have stopped eating. The only thing I may want to know from you is what the specials are, if you offer any. I am not your friend and you do not earn favour by pretending to be my friend.
>>
>>9113721
keep raising minimum wage until waiters are all replaced by conveyor belts
>>
>>9114959
Autism, the post.
>>
most people only tip because they think you're supposed to or are afraid of retaliation if they don't. I'd like to see an experiment where instead of leaving your tip on the table where the waitress can see how much you left, there would be a bunch of jars right by the door where they can't see from the floor. there could be one for the kitchen staff too. I bet the actually hard working ones would still get tips, but most of them wouldn't get shit.
>>
I don't tip.

...because I live in Japan.

...and I don't tip in America either, because you American waitresses are a hundred times slower, less polite, more surly, and make more mistakes than Japanese waitresses. Learn to be good at your job, it literally takes no skill at all, you community college drop out.
>>
The problem is people are such huge cucks. I have dined with all sorts of people who and received really shitty service and they still gave *only a 10 percent tip*

It's ridiculous that people still feel obligated to tip when the service is shitty at that points you may as well tack on a charge.
>>
>>9115010
>>9115026
>>9114994

Tipping in the US is essentially mandatory without actually being stated as such. Businesses expect prices to be 10 to 20% higher than what they list, and pay their waitstaff less to compensate for tipping. If we eliminated tipping overnight, prices would just go up to compensate for the lost revenue. I'm assuming it sticks around because of social traction, and the lower prices might trick people into feeling like the meal is cheaper even if it's not.

It's a retarded system because it allows customers to just decide they want to pay less than the expected cost of the meal, but if you don't mind coming off as a cheap prick, go ahead and take advantage of it.
>>
>>9113718
Bitch can complain all she wants still nothing she can do about it
>>
>>9115026
The problem isn't to do with the wait staff or the customer, it's with the employer.

PAY YOUR WAIT STAFF A PROPER WAGE YOU FUCKS.
>>
>>9113741
I'm going to do the opposite of every one of these rules
>>
>>9113966
I haven't experienced excellent service in a fucking decade
Last time was this place me and my friends loved where we befriended the waiter and he would bring free entrees or refill our hummus
The pita bread was warm fresh of the oven, everything was so fucking good
>>
>>9114077
>Cost of food goes up
>People learn how to cook or settle for pizza
>Cost of food goes down
I'm ok with this
>>
>>9115077
>If we eliminated tipping overnight, prices would just go up to compensate for the lost revenue.
Americans already are leaving shitshows like Applebees and Buffalo Wild Wings because of your insane prices and cutting corners in the kitchen.
>https://archive.fo/6NvnI
If you jacked up the prices you'd lose more customers. No one wants to pay thirty dollars for microwaved chicken.

Instead of hiring indentured servants who literally have to beg for money like a vagabond, the owners should be garnishing their own wages. Not a lot, but at least enough to give their unskilled labor minimum wage, like they're legally obligated to do.

In Japan the manager of a McDonalds makes roughly the same amount as the fry cooks and the cashiers. This way the people "at the bottom" of the corporate ladder can afford rent, and they don't resent their superiors and their customers, like the wait-staff in America does.
>>
>>9115098
What's the incentive to be a manager then?
>>
>>9113718
Uhhhhhbhmmm
Sorry sweetie but I don't have to do anything
Not even eat at your poorly staffed restaurant with your overworked kitchen that serves dog food on a plate
So maybe think about your attitude twice, most people I know just go to restaurants for the experience since the food you make at home is better and cheaper anyways, treat people poorly and why would anyone go there?
>>
>>9115101
Good perks, bonuses for performance (shared with everyone), future career possibilities and experience of management.
>>
Probably makes more sense in shitcountries like murrika where tax is added to the advertised price later.
>>
>>9115142
>for the experience

youre reaching pretty far there
>>
>America
>Waitress/waiter quietly replaces my drink and I barely even notice, don't even have to ask
>Germany
>They don't because refills aren't free
>Even fucking water costs money

Hey man at least I don't have to tip
>>
>>9114918
Thats the food runners job actually. Also please kill yourself if you think all servers do is "walk food to the table"
>>
>>9113718
>murica
The land of the fat and stupid. Where you're publically shamed and/or physically attacked for voting, having an opinion, not giving an extra 35% of the bills worth to some cranky slutwhore. or if you're just different. Nope, not allowed
>>
>>9114760
Japan also has bullet trains and europe has free healthcare. America is not japan
>>
>>9115243
Yet it blows so many people's mind that really the only great thing about the US are the colleges, the strong military, and being supportive of entrepreneurs. Life is better in so many other ways in other countries
>>
File: man_food.jpg (58KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
man_food.jpg
58KB, 876x493px
>>9115249
What about guns? General Tojo said an invasion of America could never succeed because there is an AR-15 (stands for Armalite not assault rifle which is a liberal word) behind every blade of grass.
>>
>>9113746
Just the tip
>>
>>9115092

>>the server stole our food for us, he was great :)
>>
>>9115265
That ideology can be discredited in the modern era with the development of missile systems.
>>
>>9113718
>Restaurant owners don't pay minimum wage
That's not true tho
>>
>>9113849
Put down 5 bucks
>>
>>9115196
Ask for tap water.
>>
>>9115265
Gun rights are pretty much the best thing about the United States. Pretty much everything good about the US is what it drew from English Radicalism.
>>
>>9115792
Honeslty non-free refills on soda just pisses me off because soda has the highest mark up of anything they serve. That one glass of soda is like 15 cents
>>
>>9115820
It's not really a thing anywhere here. A few places offer it, but they're American or American-style chains, like TGI Fridays.
>>
>>9113721
>not just mentally calculating 3 more dollars onto your meal

Is it really that hard to say "gee I'm gonna go to the restaurant for 14 dollar meal instead of an 11 dollar meal"?
>>
>>9115265
Gun rights don't affect most people's lives on a day-to-day basis.
>>
>>9114980
he's right tho, when I go to a restaurant I usually go there with somebody to talk to, not to talk to the waiter all night
>>
>>9113721

Robots. Not even kidding.
>>
>>9115820
This is pretty accurate. Ask for soda water and you'll never get charged. The actual soda syrups restaurants use are relatively cheap so someone has to drink a fuckton before the business goes in the red on a $2 purchase so the idea of Germany charging on refills is retarded. Most guests never drink the whole drink and decline a refill so while the offer is there it's not like there is much waste or lost profit.
>>
>>9115942
Still autistic as fuck. Any decent server can make small talk when appropriate but a shitty one is going to stick around for more than needed while pre bussing the table and checking on if a table needs anything.

More often than not it's the guests that try to get servers caught in a conversation trap which can fuck with their rounds.
>>
>>9115243
""""'"'''"'free"""""""""
>>
File: 1481585932732.jpg (4KB, 343x191px) Image search: [Google]
1481585932732.jpg
4KB, 343x191px
>>9113898
>mfw people unironically think this would work

Can't speak for any other waitstaff, but if this became a thing while I was a waiter I would have been pissed. A good waiter can easily make double minimum wage just from tips, if not more. Literally all you have to do is be friendly, quick, and accurate.

Location helps too.
>>
>being American

Lololol
>>
>>9116017
So if I dont give you ttips everythings just fine, you're making bank anyways?
>>
>>9115985
>>>9115942
>Still autistic as fuck. Any decent server can make small talk when appropriate but a shitty one is going to stick around for more than needed while pre bussing the table and checking on if a table needs anything.
>More often than not it's the guests that try to get servers caught in a conversation trap which can fuck with their rounds.

This usually happens to women, in my experience. As a dude customers tended to just tell me what they wanted and need and I was on my way.

The shitty part was they still ended up with bigger tips, but that's just par for the course.
>>
>>9116030
Unless I was just incredibly unlucky one night and everyone had the same mentality, I wouldn't hurt me that much financially. Having said that I'm the type of guy that would (and certainly has) interpreted someone not leaving a tip - especially when I knew for a fact that I took care of them well - as a slight against me or my service, and that actually kind of made me feel like shit.
>>
>>9116031
I'm a dude and I have guests try to pull this on me very frequently.
>>
>>9116046
Weird. What kinds of people? I know handsome dudes can get tied down by cougars but naturally I'm exempt from this trap.
>>
Who has the harder job wait staff or cooks?
>>
>>9114918
>The wording of the OP image implies a stuck up bitch who needs the forced gratuity to maintain their lifestyle and throws a hissy fit when they don't get their way.
>projecting this hard
>>
>>9113718
Tipped servers make 7-8 times minimum wage, Especially if they are Attractive females. Why do you want them to stop taking tips? Your bill will increase up to 4 times. Your service will be shit. Attractive male and female servers make 40 bucks an hour on good nights. Are you a fat ugly or queer server that makes no money?

Find a different job!
>>
>>9116070
Cooks actually do shit. All you have to do is pretend to be likable as a busser,
>>
>>9116070
cooks definitely
as a waiter I always pity the cooks in our kitchen, they have to work their asses off with the outlet fans breaking down half the time and they get nothing out of it
>>
>>9116059
I am moderately attractive but I also can strike up small talk with pretty much anybody. Normally I get stuck with anyone middle aged, be it couples wanting to tell me their life story or lonely folks with a similar spiel. I guess I have that kind of demeanor?
>>
>>9116085
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>9116100
This makes you attractive, Beauty with bad attitude is ugly. Having a winning attitude will ensure good tips. Well not with some cheap greedy people.
>>
File: marisa_who.png (388KB, 402x469px) Image search: [Google]
marisa_who.png
388KB, 402x469px
>>9113718
>Sorry it's against my culture to tip. Your service was mediocre at best and I do not see any merit in giving you anything you don't deserve, both to me and to yourself.
Wow that was hard.
>>
i HAVE
>>
>>9113721
move to a first world country
>>
>>9116116
>sorry it's against my culture to tip
that's kinda retarded tho
>sorry it's against my culture to not shit on the street

your second sentence alone is more than enough and adequate
>>
Just be a cheeky cunt and leave a piece of paper with a tip of the day
>>
>>9116136
It should be clear that the "culture" was referring to not giving any undeserving handouts.
>>
TIP OF MY DICK MAYBE LOL
>>
File: tumblr_o90wtsgrU11tmvxxdo1_500.gif (998KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o90wtsgrU11tmvxxdo1_500.gif
998KB, 500x270px
>>9116110
Flattery gets you everywhere.
>>
>>9114473
>go to a restaurant
>yell and make a big scene demanding they change their policies for you
Just don't go back, nothing is worse than a customer who buys into the "customer is always right" bs spewed by fast food management.

The customer is usually wrong. A restaurant is a place of business and exists to provide you with goods and services for money. Giving you free stuff is never good for business.
>>
>>9114682
They will give you the worst service they can without giving you enough to complain about.
>>
>>9116216
honestly tho, if they add extra % on the bill without telling you beforehand or putting some sort of disclaimer in the menu or a very visible area then that's a shady af business practice
>>
>>9114959
Lots of people would not consider quiet service to be good service. Part of being a server is knowing how to read guests and knowing what kind of service they expect. Some people get pissy if they have to wait even two minutes after finishing their meal for the check, some people flip out if you bring it too soon because they feel they're being rushed. Some feel patronized if you explain things to them and others feel cheated and confused if you don't. Some want to be left alone while others want to talk and joke. If you expect a certain type of service, tell your server. I work at a Japanese restaurant and some people get really offended if I offer them a fork but it's corporate policy to offer it.
>>
>>9116226
No its usually frequented by non tippers.
>>
>>9116226
I agree that it's shady without a disclaimer or warning, but by making them remove it you're punishing your server for the owner's mistakes. Make your opinion known but pay your server and don't go back if it bothers you. If it's a huge deal, call before you go somewhere new and ask.
>>
>>9116247
You are the dumb fool for believing this.
>>
I only ever tip a couple singles if anything. Most places started charging a "service fee" like 10 years ago so there's no point in double tipping.
>>
>>9116247
You must be a dumbass cook or bussboy jealous of the servers that have social skills and can achieve more than you.
>>
The irony is that a majority of the contrarian autists in this thread that claim they don't tip probably give 20% for every meal.

Those that do not can enjoy having my various bodily excretions put on their well-done steaks, probably mixed into the ketchup.
>>
>>9113741
>do this shit to not be racist
>ha ha! jk, you're still racist and we hate you, but now you're also our bitch and other white people hate you too

I made enchiladas for a potluck at work and a lady bitched at me for "cultural appropriation." I don't know how to respond to shit like that.
>>
>>9116264
Spit in the food and leave it there for her. Just give fair warning to coworkers about the incident and why you did what you did
>>
>>9113718
Does the waiter earn minimum wage? Yes? Then the waiter does not get tipped.
>>
>>9116299
>tfw earn minimum wage and still get tips out my ass because I look hot
never realized that as a guy before but it feels good to be a whore for the money
>>
>>9116299
Does a nigger on welfare get paid? Yes? Then the nigger should be sterilized and their kids taken by the state.
>>
>>9116264
>made enchiladas for a potluck at work and a lady bitched at me for "cultural appropriation."

I'll take "Things that Never Happened" for $600.00, Alex.
>>
>>9115985
>not wanting to make pointless smalltalk with the server is autistic
lmao
>>
File: weights.jpg (135KB, 1285x960px) Image search: [Google]
weights.jpg
135KB, 1285x960px
>>9116072
>projecting

>summerfag using buzzwords he doesn't understand
>>
File: madman.gif (106KB, 272x500px) Image search: [Google]
madman.gif
106KB, 272x500px
>Mfw I make hourly+tips
>Mfw I don't tip whenever I can avoid it.
>>
>>9115168
He isn't reaching. Japs are even more autistic about muh job experience than ameriburgers.
>>
Americans love tipping and I love it. I work in tourism security in kikeland (all tourism is guarded), and I make about 100 2017 dollars or 70 2005 dollars a day. This one time I went to Israel's resort city for 5 days with some burgers. Niggahs took me boozing daily, paid for my drinks, and at the end of the week the guide slipped me three crisp Franklins.
>>
>>9116467
Walking like that will get you shot
>>
>>9113718
I'm a fucking teacher. I deal with screaming kids all day, shit, blood and vomit and I get paid nothing. Nobody tips me for shaping America's youth into something thats not worthless. I shouldn't have to pay some apathetic piece of shit EXTRA money for bringing me some food. Bringing someone food is not a difficult task. I still tip, but I resent it. Personally I can't wait until you can order all your food on a machine and drones deliver everything else. Fuck people.
>>
>>9116717
You are doing a horrible job if you are in the US, and you make 40,000 a year.
>>
File: 1491790056642.jpg (12KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1491790056642.jpg
12KB, 300x226px
>people are actually having this debate.
if you don't want to tip, why are you making sure everybody knows? are people proud of every little decision they make now?

I USE TWO (2) KNOTS TO TIE MY SHOES. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, FUCK OFF, HATER. #idonttip
>>
File: 1461489961426.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
1461489961426.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>9116717
> MFW they replace teachers with superior robots
>>
File: filth.png (334KB, 308x459px) Image search: [Google]
filth.png
334KB, 308x459px
>>9116803
>schools get dumbed down
>anyone can be a teacher, especially idiots
>children get stupider
>teachers get stupider
>teachers become so stupid you can replace them with low-level AI.
>inventor of AI hailed as new philanthropist.
at last, now i truly see.
>>
>>9116717
>government monopolist complaining about low wages
Public education needs to be privatized COMPLETELY.
How about that?
>>
>>9114010
Fucking this. Servers in North America don't leave you the fuck alone. They feel the need to interrupt your meal/conversation every 2 fucking minutes to check if "everything's OK".

They just need to fuck off, if we want something we'll call you. Japan's the only country that really does customer service well at all honestly.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.