[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

>Just finished culinary school
>No nothing about the work force
>Get Casual contract as commie chef at parliament
>Have to wake up at 5 am to get too my 8 am start in town
>Getting payed min wage and working 50-60 hours a week

Is working always going to suck this much dick ? or did i just sign a really terrible contract due to lack of knowledge

Please help im going to kill myself , if this is really what culinary is like
>>
>>9111719
>No nothing
>payed
should've stayed in school
>>
Does culinary school teach management/logistics, or just the same shit uneducated women used to know?
>>
>>9111719
You need to suffer and build experience in order to get a better job. That goes for many fields.
>>
>>9111725
We spent like a week doing basic management and stats

Was basically pointless
>>
>>9111719
>casual contract

So cooks are indentured servants now? Who the fuck signs a contract for a job eliminating their right to change jobs?
>>
>>9111727
The previous commie ie the dude who was teaching me when i started told me he had been in that position for three years. I do not have high hopes
>>
>>9111719
Getting up at 5am feels good. I did it voluntarily towards the end of my neet life.
>>
>>9111738
I think you're retarded so you've actually done pretty well for yourself
>>
First job always sucks
Just fuck around until they fire you and add it to your resume
>>
>>9111742
Planning on staying 6 months then jumping ship
>>
>>9111719
>is really what culinary is like
lol yes. you fucked up,holmes.
Seriously get into another field. Do it now. I'm not joking.
>>
>>9111747
this
OP is why nobody respects cucklinary school """grads"""
>>
>>9111744
1 year is generally the standard. Most restaurants will consider you a quitter for anything less. You honestly made a mistake, you could have gone entry level somewhere actually relevant with your education, but now you must build the grit that is the foundation of any good chef. Do not despair, there is no rush just don't waste time either, once your year is up find another job and put in your 2 weeks, do not walk out that will really fuck up your chances.
>>
>>9111760
Thank anon
>>
>>9111719
>contract as commie chef
>commie chef
I hope you are just joking and you actually do know that the word is commis (de cuisine)
>>
>>9111719
>>Get Casual contract as commie chef at the Peoples Presidium
FTFY
>>
>>9111719
>No nothing
>Getting payed
Anon, you have to go back
>>
>>9111719
welcome to the culinary world, unless you bust your ass harder than you ever have in your life, you'll likely burn out before you manage to get somewhere more comfortable.
>>
>>9112911
This guy is not wrong. I busted my ass from busser to cook and im still only at about 12 an hour
This is with 4.5 years in the industry with 3 of them as a line cook.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.