[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Industry thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: croissant_a.jpg (63KB, 750x598px) Image search: [Google]
croissant_a.jpg
63KB, 750x598px
FUCKING MACHINES edition

Our sheeter broke at my small bakery, and we are essentially fucked for the weekend, because all baking equipment comes from fucking Europe! On the bright side, I can afford the mini vacation.

Any other coo/ck/s or ba/ck/ers out there have to deal with critical mechanical failure? Also, how are y'all doing?
>>
>>9111550
Man up and break out the rolling pins, you fucking fag.
>>
Did tour catering for about 4 years....we cooked off a 53 foot semi truck converted into a kitchen and I've seen everything from generators on the truck totally breaking down and no option of shore (plugging tails into the venue itself) resulting in cooking in a pitch dark hot semi on Coleman camping stoves....to opening up the semi to every plate on our plate rack shattered...being so cold outside that our 10# cans were frozen solid to so hot it read 138 in the semi trying to make whipped cream. To being docked at a venue at crazy angles and trying to bake cakes....ama
>>
>>9111553
Ok here, I agree with you totally son. Baking is fucked that way, the amount of labor we would have tonspend on hand rolling dough would probably screw us. It really makes you respect the original French motherfuckers.
>>
>>9111564
Tour catering for who or what? This sounds like a well of stories.
>>
>>9111569
I did catering for music artists on tour...mostly like top 40s artists...mostly country music but I've done artists from all genres ...festivals...stadium shows
..full length 4 month long tours where you bring the semi kitchen and a tour bus and well follow the artists and tour and cook breakfast lunch dinner...any vip meals...afrershow food...idk pretty much whatever the contract entailed
>>
>>9111569
And yes I have lots of stories
>>
>>9111550
Cant your boss just rent an industrial kitchen? That's what most food truck businesses do.
>>
>>9111550
I thought European stuff was supposed to be better?
>>
>>9111687
Op never said it was a fucking food truck
>>
Fucking industry
>go to local "chain bakery" inside a supermarket that is about to close for the day
>lots of rolls and stuff that have been lying there all day left over and will be thrown away
>ask for a discount on a few rolls
>"Sorry sir but I can't do that"
>"But you're gonna throw these away in like half an hour."
>"We're not allowed to put a discount on these"
>can see that the old woman is also dying inside while saying this
>as I am about to leave she tells me about working in a bakery before where they would just give out discounts and freebies at the end of the day

Fuck capitalism man
>>
>>9112225
>wait half an hour
>go to bins at back of store
>help yourself
>five finger discount
>???
>protif
>>
>>9112225
the stuff more than likely goes to a food bank or meal kitchen

if u need charity go there
>>
>>9112248
Dumpsters at those places are always locked in some way or situated in such a way where the open end is only accessible to the workers inside. Chain places really go out of their way to stop dumpster diving.
>>
>>9112225
I had better experience with that stuff while working at a supermarket. Admittedly a wholefoodish establishment, but still a capitlist enterprise.
>fresh bread drops to 50% off at the end of the day but there's always stuff left
>a few buns etc.. but mostly large loaves of artsy bread are taken off the shelves and counted
>closing shift employees get to take their pick home before it's packed into the customary fresh garbage bag
>the following morning, said bag is taken out to the mall's trash compactor room
>mystic old Slavic janitor gives a nod as the bag is spared the trash compactor treatment and laid on the floor
>janitor takes his pick and stores it in the minifridge in the corner of the trash room that serves as his improvised office
>take out some more trash later in the morning and see that most of the bread has been taken
Felt pretty good at the time, seeing all that written off bread put to good use.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.