[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with breaking pasta in half?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: dont-break-the-noodles.jpg (76KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
dont-break-the-noodles.jpg
76KB, 780x438px
What's wrong with breaking pasta in half?
>>
>>9109752
In my opinion it has a better texture when left whole, it forms a more cohesive bite than a bunch of smaller, looser strands of pasta.
>>
File: 1496089067717.png (345KB, 620x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496089067717.png
345KB, 620x640px
>>9109752
why not just make your pasta shorter?
>>
>>9109752
It's easier to eat longer pasta, stays together more.
>>
Why buy long pasta if you don't want long pasta?
>>
>>9109752
>this triggers the /ck/
>>
>>9109752
>Fideo?
>>
>>9109752

My roommate in uni was majoring in restaurant stuff. I would always break the pasta just to piss him off.
>>
>>9109808

now when you have shrimps, scallops or any cherry tomatoes involved. Look at pasta puttanesca. There's so much shit in there, you just want to get it in your mouth.
>>
btw, it's impossible to break pasta in halves. It breaks into threes. Watch the slow mo camera.
>>
File: 1456593949748.png (288KB, 380x335px) Image search: [Google]
1456593949748.png
288KB, 380x335px
>>9109792
Implying you can make pasta out of a McChicken
>>
any of you guys make your own pasta?
>>
I break my pasta in half because whole pasta doesn't fit in the pan for me.
>>
>>9110907
See, that's why I do it, and there's no change in texture or taste. I just don't get the "no, you can't do that" stuff.
>>
It reminds me of dumb things americans do like washing their cooked pasta or pouring oil into the boiling water.
I don't really care if it serves any purpose but i'm never going to do it.
>>
File: pasta3.jpg (172KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pasta3.jpg
172KB, 1600x1200px
>>9111054

why don't even one of you crippled assholes make your own pasta? You never have to play this stupid game again.
>>
>>9111054
i think even gordon gave that hint about oil in pasta water, i guess it's understandable why they would believe a top class chef
still retarded tho
>>
File: pasta.jpg (200KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pasta.jpg
200KB, 1600x1200px
How bout you learn about how pasta works, feels, absorbs salt, sauce, etc.
>>
My grandmother was 100% Italian and always broke boxed spaghetti in half and dropped it in the water.

Fettuccine was hand rolled.

Marinara sauce is trash.
>>
I put my orzo into the food processor
It makes it cook faster and it's more manageable on the plate
>>
>>9111145
im full italian and both my parents do it too
triggers me but not much to do,
>>
>>9111145

because she's not an idiot. put a sardinian dish in front of these mopes, they'll shit themselves.
>>
>>9111153

Northern italy. Our family is not zesty. I'm the only one who likes spicy and hates alfredo.

Sardinia is different cuisine, might as well be thai...
>>
>>9111169

Yeah man, they're fishheads. So why DO you like? not zesty, not creamy, not spicy.

What do you like? pasta puttanesca would make you yak, right?
>>
>>9109752
breaking the pasta lets all the flour pour out so it makes your water extra starchy and goopy
>>
>>9109752

Retarded, unnecessary step. When your water is boiling just take your spaghetti, hold it over the middle of the pot, twist it with both hands and release, the pasta will neatly fall around the edge of the pot and submerge in the hot water by itself. Absolutely no need to break it and it doesn't affect the doneness of the pasta, the extra 20 seconds it takes for it to fall in the water doesn't change anything.
>>
>>9111183

I don't think I'd like puttanesca. I make my own tomato sauce worth lots of ground beef and mushrooms starting with a mirepouix and red wine.

My aunt slow cooks her red sauce for so long that it turns brown and has a nice burnt flavor (no sarcasm).

I like steamed clams with butter and i like cioppino equally as well as muscles marina.

Depends which mood I'm in.
>>
>>9111101
How bout you teach us about how pasta works, feels, absorbs salt, sauce, etc.
>>
>>9109752
it's something you would see on a redditors youtube channel
>>
>>9111101
shut up you pompous faggot
>>
>>9111253
But what if you want to thicken the sauce?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.