[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here own an RV or only have a mini fridge? I currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6010.jpg (102KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6010.jpg
102KB, 600x390px
Does anyone here own an RV or only have a mini fridge? I currently live in an RV, and it's great, no complaints. I cook regularly but was wondering if you guys and gals had any tips on stocking it up? I'm finding I'm having to go to the store more often because I don't have a lot of fridge space. Any tips or tricks? Best way to organize a mini fridge to maximize space? Camping meal ideas? Etc.
>>
File: IMG_6011.jpg (119KB, 640x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6011.jpg
119KB, 640x807px
>>9108535
I live in an RV too. I don't have any organizing tips other than don't buy things you won't eat or use up since space is so limited. Get some good containers. Utilize your grill as much as possible. Eat leftovers if your into that. My fridge is packed. I can get about 7-10 days worth of meals in there though. I don't know how it fits. I have to rearrange the damn fridge and freezer anytime I need anything that's not in the front. It's precariously stuffed and stacked. Hope you get some replies.
>>
File: IMG_6012.jpg (131KB, 640x839px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6012.jpg
131KB, 640x839px
>>9108584
Better pic of just the fridge. Unfortunately I can't show you the stuff in the back of the fridge. It's hidden by everything else in there.
>>
Canned vegetables, canned fish/chicken, dry beans, rice, etc. Keep certain foods out of the fridge if they can handle it like apples or tomatoes. Reserve fridge space for leafy greens and leftovers.
>>
>>9108584
>>9108589
Thank you
>>
>>9108535
I think >>>/out/ is better place to ask such questions. Anons of /out/ are known for their knowledge of living in cars.
>>
>>9108535
Get your shit together and get a house that is not on wheels and has a real fridge.
>>
>>9108761
This is stupid advice. I travelled around the country for 3 years living in a 25' travel trailer and it was a phenomenal learning experience. In the west, you can camp on BLM land for free and the National Forests were very inexpensive.

To answer OP I relied on a lot of dried foods. I'd stock the fridge with about a weeks worth of vegetables, eggs and meats so I could avoid towns. Seems like after a week I'd always have to hit up a supermarket though, if I wanted fresh vegetables. Sometimes I'd go a couple weeks relying on canned.
>>
>>9108589
Cool thread, I Don't live out of an RV, but roommates are wasteful with space. Here's my advice:

Kiwis, avocados, etc, can be stored at room temp for at least a few weeks, depending on enviroment. Only store what you don't plan on eating soon.

Also, sodas & wine don't need to be refrefrigerated. Use ice if you can.
>>
File: IMG_6021.jpg (113KB, 640x843px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6021.jpg
113KB, 640x843px
Hey OP, I came back and saw the thread again and

>>9108603
>>9109130
>>9108944
All gave great advice. Dry and canned goods are absolute staples. I'm >>9108584 and live in the RV. I started thinking about it an wanted to tell you I also utilize a cooler outside where I keep my beer and occasional soda, tea, extra stuff I can't fit in the fridge. I use STACKABLE containers. I STOCK my pantry with what deals I can find depending on my location. I looked in the fridge and freezer and wanted to tell you what I have planned for this week to eat

Breakfast is usually always eggs, protein bar, yogurt, fruit, etc.

For lunches I usually do Hawaiian sweet roll sliders on the grill with a bulk bag of pepperoni, and salami that comes with a provolone cheese slices on the grill, sausage wrapped in a crescent dough cooked over the fire, hot dog or walking tacos. Dinner is usually skewered shrimp, grilled meat of some kind, fajitas, beans, soup, or left overs. I always buy enough veggies/fruit to go with each meal. If I can't get fresh I use canned. I don't have enough freezer space.

I prefer to grill because the RV gets so hot right now if I use the oven. It's 95 outside. I do occasionally buy frozen dinners just for convenience.

I buy things I can cook relatively fast, on the grill and that I can make more than one meal out of. For example I will make fajitas and pinto beans tomorrow, next day will be fajita salad, next day will be bean chalupas, etc. You have to learn to stretch a meal and utilize your leftovers to keep from going to the store all the time. I also have an instant pot pressure cooker which is an amazing kitchen device to have for RV living. Get one, you won't regret it. The kitchens can be really small in most RVs. I love RV living and really wish u the best. Pic related is my small kitchen. Stove top is being used for other things right now. It is what it is.
>>
>>9109421
>95F at this time.

So, it sounds like you're kind of rooted. That's too bad, but you have to do what you have to do. I can remember being on the Olympic Peninsula in July and needing a jacket. I hope you get a chance to move around a bit.
>>
>>9109555

Ah, saw this just in time.

Well, I wouldnt call it rooted. Wife and I are in Galveston for a month, maybe a tad more, visiting and helping family. I'm A senior level ship inspector and have a short contract here as well. We travel quite a bit. However, Texas will always be our home.
>>
I don't know how people do that. I have a relatively small refrigerator in my apartment and it absolutely fucking sucks. I go to Costco and can't buy things because there's no way I can store them.
>>
>>9108584
Do you live alone? I don't understand how people who live alone can have this much food before it expires. Maybe I just don't eat that much.
>>
>>9111510
2 people 7 to 10 days
>>
>>9109421
I'm OP. My kitchen is a bit smaller. Possibly post pic later. Thank you for advice RV bro
>>
Where does the poop go and where does the water come from?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.