[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knife thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0499.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0499.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Rate my knife collection
>>
>>9107484
doesnt make the cut
>>
>>9107540
Nice reddit comment
>>
No wusthof/10
>>
>>9107484

Why so much overlap, anon? It seems like most of those knives are functionally the same.
>>
Redundancy/10
>>
>>9107484
>doesn't just have one knife for everything
>>
>>9107484
How do you like the Tadafusa? Those guys are really well priced.
>>
>>9107484
Show us your edge maintenance gear?
>>
>>9107484
Bin/10
>>
Just realized these are basically the /gear/ threads of /ck/
Equally shit and useless

But sure, nice collection
If the whole point of it is to show to guests and strangers in 4chan, I'd work a bit more on presentation at least, better lighting, order them in some meaningful way that would make people think you actually use them
>>
>>9108078
shouldn't you be autistically talking about movies you haven't seen
>>
>>9107484
Are you that aspie who got a job at Edible Arrangements after creeping out other employers with your knife obsession?
>>
>>9107954
Oh my goodness wait a second what is going on with the front end of that Tadafusa nakiri. Are those a bunch of micro chips? Yikes man.
>>
>>9108111
It's not a Nakiri.
>>
>>9108125
?
>>
File: IMG_0500.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0500.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9108063
1000/6000 whetstone
ceramic rod
stopping paste
leather strop
flattening stone
>>
So many destroyed edges.
>>
Don't roll your wrist when you're sharpening or you end up with 3 edges.
>>
File: IMG_0502.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0502.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>9108111
Closer shot without yellow towel
>>
>>9109942

no go cute daikon.
>>
Can /ck/ recommend a good boning knife? It's the only thing really missing from my collection.
>>
>>9110007

Boning knives aren't about the brand, they're about the user. Watch the japanese, or Ramsey to show you the right flection against the spine. They nail it every time.
>>
>>9110007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olye1M0AwV4
>>
>>9110007
Depends what kind of boning you're doing... and your budget. for beef lamb and some chicken and a bit on the pricier side, go with the shun Honesuki. For chicken and fish and decent price point i'd recommend the wusthof pro 6 inch
>>
I got a Sharper Image stainless steel 8" chef knife from Ross for $5. It's the only sharp knife at work and it's the only non-serrated blade there that can cut tomatoes so I'm pretty much the king in that kitchen

Last night I bought a Henckel from Target for $35 and I'm not taking that bad boy to work

Made quick work of some garlic and basil last night. I am pleased

I think my next purchase will be a 10"
>>
>>9110253
Ya don't want anyone to fuck up your Henkel international 35$ piece of shit "bad boy"
>>
>>9110601
nah, they can fuck up my $5 sharper image all they want

actually they bent the tip the day after I bought it

watched the manager cut straight on the stainless steel table with it

$35 is a lot of money when you work in hell
>>
>>9107484
nice knifes Gabriel
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.