[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fried rice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: received_10209530068557117.jpg (214KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
received_10209530068557117.jpg
214KB, 1080x1920px
My second time trying to make it, first time not just making it out of random leftovers. It tastes pretty fucking good imo but I'm wondering what others think of it or if they have any tips.
>>
>>9101679
I finally did it right for the first time tonight.

Garlic, ginger, onion, green onion.
Cold rice.
Oyster sauce and soy sauce mixed together.
Chicken thighs.
Peas.

Pretty tasty.. even though I forgot the carrots. I think the ginger really added a lot of depth to it.
>>
>>9101723
I fried my onions in peanut oil after precooking my chicken in pepper oil, then tossed the onions before I threw the rice in. I also added chicken bouillon and a bit of sweet curry powder to the rice when I made it a few days ago. Then once I put the rice into the oil and let it fry a bit I threw in the carrots, peppers, peas, and chicken. After this I added chili garlic sauce, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, some red curry paste, and a dab more chicken bouillon to it with a bit more peanut oil and let it fry at high heat for ~10 minutes (I think). Wa-la.
>>
>>9101679

You know what is good in fried rice?

Spam.
>>
>>9101679
https://youtu.be/iKlDfXzP2mI

When I make fried rice, I basically follow that video. As a fatass, I also like to add some sharp cheese to the fried rice and a bit of hot sauce.
>>
>>9101679
I would add more veggies. Also you add the green onions to it after its all cooked.

>>9102609
This, I dated a Puerto Rican/ Asian and her dad always made that shit with spam. It's objectively the best meat for fried rice.
>>
>>9102911
>cheese
>in an East Asian dish, even an Americanized one
Frankly I'm disgusted.
>>
>>9101679
The rice looks soggy desu.
>>
>>9102609
I wish spam weren't so goddamned salty. I used it in fried rice and every bit of spam was like a greasy salt bomb. It was even the low sodium kind.
>>
>>9101679
dont know man, it looks mushy,soggy and overloaded, not exactly attributed of good fried rice.
next time try this

>day/2 day old rice
>add oil (large amount, like 1 cup for 4 cups rice as a guess)without taste to non-coated pan, high heat
>break up rice and make sure every grain is seperated and coated with some oil, if oil is not enough add a bit more

now you can either let the rice get a hard sear/crust (which you should) by only flipping it occasionaly,or continue to stirfry it til hot.
roundcorn rice works best
at this point you can add any other sauces or ingredients, meat/fish i would cook seperately and add, sauces id stick to sesameoil and soysauce mostly, make some space in the pan and scramble an egg with chopsticks, springonions are the best veg,
Lastly, variations are endless, sometimes i brown some soft kolbasz in butter and oil til crispy/chewy and then do the remaining steps, sometimes i finish with a sichuan sauce; just use whatever you got,get that crust on the rice, and sauce it in the end if thats what you want
>>
>>9101679

I use bacon grease to fry it in. Decadence.
>>
>>9101679
Looks very moist. Use old rice as >>9103004 instructed and make sure it's dry, you want no moisture in the rice.
>>
>>9101679
nice risotto bro
>>
File: 1396795990937.jpg (1MB, 740x3328px) Image search: [Google]
1396795990937.jpg
1MB, 740x3328px
I saved this but haven't tried it yet.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.