[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite pork recipes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

My dad buys a lot of pork but I only know a few ways of making it taste good (to me that is, he's not picky) I'll share my favorites and hopefully you guys can give me some of yours?

Usually with porkchops I make a glaze of peach, apricot, and apple jelly and mustard and then just broil them until it's carmelized.
With larger cuts I make pulled pork with a dry rub of brown sugar, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper and throw it in a slow cooker with chopped garlic and onions and chicken or beef broth.
They both work well but those are the only good recipes I know.
>>
Sounds like you know what you're doing. Try stuffed pork chops. Bread stuffing with whatever herbs/meats/fruits you like. Broil or bake.
>>
File: 128.jpg (995KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
128.jpg
995KB, 1944x2592px
I like to rub on some salt and brown sugar and let it sit for 20 min then put it in the oven at @220 for 45 min to get the chop to rare, then pan fry in some olive oil with Thyme or Rosemary or both and some butter.
>>
>>9098942
My Mom used pork cutlets, I use pork shoulder. But anyway you bake the pork and pour a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup in. And serve with mashed potatoes using the soup as gravy. Pleb possibly, but delicious, I even replace my Thanksgiving gravy with the cream of mushroom gravy.
>>
stuffed chops, definitely.
you should also find a charsiu recipe which works for you, belly and shoulder are both cheap available cuts with options there.
maybe do cutlets?
mince or grind, incorporate some in burgers, or make croquettes?
if you have a good roasting pot you can do that with sauerkraut.
>>
>>9098942
My mom used to make these sometimes when I was a kid. Didn't like them very much back then, would have rather had grilled cheese or PB&J, but last time, when I was about 20 or 21, they were god damn good.

https://www.porkbeinspired.com/recipes/sage-pork-tenderloin-medallions-with-white-wine-jus/
>>
File: IMG_20170626_182045532.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170626_182045532.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
I braised some pork ribs yesterday, came out pretty good. A different cut of meat, still a good price for them.
>>
>>9098942
Cut them into strips and make slow cooked teriyaki. It's fucking delicious
>>
File: 1483225797288.gif (89KB, 400x400px)
1483225797288.gif
89KB, 400x400px
>>9098942
i just had some raw chorizo, was pretty darn good
>>
It's been a while so I don't remember too well but I used to be able to get free range berkshire black pork from the Otways. I would get a loin rack and separate it into portions with 2 bones each. I'd stab it and stick garlic cloves in the wounds, then rub it down with kosher salt, cracked black pepper and ground dried sage leaves and possibly something else, I forget now. Then I'd massage it with olive oil and pop it in the oven for about 45min on I think 180 or 200 celcius.

That always came up delicious and tender.
>>
>>9098942
Swedish meatballs and homemade bratwurst

In fairness we've always had a few pigs for meat throughout the year so it's a lot easier to get the casing needed for sausages

Also make some damn fine pork knuckle and pork brain. Grill or fry the brain, for knuckle you always boil it before roasting.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.