[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bread Recipies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: filone.jpg (58KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
filone.jpg
58KB, 640x426px
Hi /ck/,

I was wondering if any of you guys have a good recipe for a basic bread, preferably something similar to a filone or baguette. Anything you can dump would be fantastic, and if it goes well, I can post the results (probably tommorrow).
>>
>>9098016
>basic bread
>baguette

Nope
>>
>>9098016
Baguettes are not in any way basic, and neither is filone. Do you have a kitchen scale?

If you're looking for an actual basic recipe and you don't have a kitchen scale, try something like this, for a no-knead whole wheat dutch oven loaf:

Mix 2 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, ¼ tsp yeast, a heaping 1 tsp salt, and 1 ¾ cups lukewarm water together in a bowl until all the flour is incorporated. Cover bowl with saran wrap and set out of the way in the kitchen to rest overnight, 12-18 hours.

When the dough has doubled in size, stick a dutch oven with lid on into the oven and preheat to 450 degrees (make sure the handle on the lid of your dutch oven can go to that temp.)

Gently turn the dough out onto a floured surface and fold it a few times, shaping into a vaguely round shape. Put into a parchment paper-lined bowl and cover with a towel for 30 minutes while the dutch oven preheats.

Drop dough and parchment paper into the hot dutch oven and score the dough with a sharp knife in an X-pattern. Cover with the lid and bake at 450 for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, remove parchment paper and lid, and bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool on a rack before cutting.
>>
First of all, get a bread machine. It will change your life. This is the recipe I always use.

Just below 1 cup of warm water.
2 TBSP white sugar or honey
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil or softened butter
3 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp (one packet) bread machine yeast

Dump it in in that order, close the lid and press start. Just watch it to make sure it all mixes well. If its too wet, add more flour while its still mixing. I also make brioche.

1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup softened butter
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 tsp salt
4 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast

Close the lid and press start.
My bread machine lets me choose how dark the crust should be. I always go for medium. It takes 3 hours and beeps when it's done.
>>
>>9098706
>First of all, get a bread machine

OP asked for a bread to make for tomorrow. Don't be a colossal fuckface.
>>
>>9093362

Come to us, child
>>
>>9098029
>>9098150

what's non-basic about a baguette

it's just a shape of bread and not that hard to make as long as your dough isn't too wet

Basic bread dough for me
300g AP flour
200g water
9g salt
6g dry yeast

Mix water and flour, let sit in a bowl 45 minutes (covered). Pour yeast and salt on top of the dough, fold the dough, squeeze it, rub it together etc. until the yeast and salt are uniformly incorporated.

Let sit until doubled in size (covered), this may take a couple of hours. Fold by lifting the corners and stretching them onto the opposite corner and pressing down, then flipping the dough upside down. The raise and fold can be repeated a couple of times if you want, but having it double at least once is necessary.

Either start shaping it or refrigerate overnight before shaping it. If you want pizza, it's better to refrigerate a couple of nights before using. Shape and bake as per your preference. Can be used for pizza, baguette, bun, loaf, batard etc. You should google for instructions and videos on shaping, scoring and baking the type of bread you like.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.