[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP NEEDED FOR FALAFEL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot at Jun 26 20-15-05.png (3MB, 1422x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at Jun 26 20-15-05.png
3MB, 1422x1060px
The recipe calls for 1 cup sprouted chickpeas (I didn't sprout them, just soaked them overnight).

That 1 cup of dry chickpeas I soaked overnight, is now basically 2 full cups since they all expanded & got a little bigger.

Do I go with 1 cup of the soaked ones?

Or do I go with the initial, pre-soaked measurement of 1 cup? (even though they're basically 2 cups now)

I'm thinking it's the former, but I just want to make sure.
>>
>>9098001
depends on the recipe.

If it says, take one cup and soak them overnight, do that.
If it says take one cup of soaked chickpeas, do that.

From what you've said it sounds like the latter.
>>
>>9098018

When you say the latter, you mean the latter of the options in the post you just wrote, right? (as opposed to the OP)
>>
>>9098048
Yes.
Also, well aware of what I was doing.
>>
>>9098001
>not activating his peas
It doesn't matter since it'll be shitlafel anyway
>>
>>9098001
I love falafel, but man the gas I get is unreal.

Maybe the beans weren't sprouted or cooked enough ??????
>>
>>9098241
>getting gas from chickpeas

Just how white are you buddy
>>
>>9098256
It has nothing to do with your skin color. If you eat beans every day you won't get gas from them, but if you only eat them occasionally you will.
>>
>>9098265
Ain't nobody gets gas from chickpeas, cakeboy
That's just sad
>>
>>9098256

I'd rather be white and get occasional gas from chickpeas instead of being a shitskin or sandnigger.
>>
>>9098274
There's white and then there's "gets gas from chickpeas and thinks tomatoes are too spicy" white.
>>
Fuck, they turned out kind of bland/dry.

The proper taste was definitely there, but it was just too subtle.

Perhaps I overcooked them? I did 10 minutes on 1 side, 10 on the other, at 400 degrees.

I only added a tiny, tiny bit of salt since I want to watch my sodium, so I'm not sure if that played a factor either.
>>
>>9098450
Did you add fuckloads of cumin? I think you're supposed to add fuckloads of cumin.
>>
>>9098470

My recipe (from quite an expensive cookbook) called for 1/2 teaspoons of cumin. But I doubled it to 1 teaspoon along with everything else since I had double the amount of chickpeas the recipe called for.

That much cumin seemed about consistent with another couple of recipes I compared it with online.

I also put 3 teaspoons of garlic, 2 tablespoons of fresh parsely, 1 teaspoon ground corriander, 1 cup of of diced onion, 1 tbsp EVOO oil. Instead of breadcrumbs or flour I used a bit of ground flaxseed.

My goddamn Vitamix did a shitty job of blending it though. It overblended it (which isn't my fault, but hard to explain). I don't think that should affect the final taste though, just texture.
>>
File: wbmPpbBNRayXm33u9PYTxg.png (3MB, 1098x1468px) Image search: [Google]
wbmPpbBNRayXm33u9PYTxg.png
3MB, 1098x1468px
>>9098470
>>9098598

This is what it looked like after blending. Although I did see other falafel recipes instructing to blend until smooth, so I don't think "overblending" should've affected the taste very much at all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.