[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your ultimate homemade burger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

What's your ultimate homemade burger?
>>
If you don't have a grill this smashburger bullshit seems to be working.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/03/the-food-lab-maximize-flavor-by-ultra-smashin.html
>>
Get yoself 220 grams (1/2lb) of minced chuck. Chuck is good because it's got a good fat content so the burger holds together a lot better, which means you don't need to use bread crumbs or any of that shit. Get to a butcher, they'll do it for you - ask for about 25% fat content.

Next you either want a brioche bun or ciabatta bun. Brioche if you're only having a few toppings, ciabatta if you're going nuts and piling a fuckton of stuff on.

So for toppings you get some cheese (American melts best, but sometimes i'll use some sharp cheddar depending on what else is going in the burger) fresh lettuce, tomato, bacon, caramelised onions (I find uncooked onion to be a little overpowering) and jalapenos. For sauce you can use ketchup and either mustard or BBQ, but I make this relish that has onions, ketchup, BBQ sauce, lime juice, cayenne and half a shot of tequila.

Much like a cheap whore,the great thing about burgers is that the limit is literally what you can put between the buns.
>>
Well, when I have time, I like to make my own buns. I either make brioche buns, or if I want something heartier, I make pumpernickel buns.
I like to grind my own meat, but I can't right now, because the board that I had my grinder bolted to cracked and I haven't replaced it yet. So, right now, I use a mix of three parts ground chuck to 1 part ground sirloin for flavor.
Other than that, I'm a pretty big fan of just a classic burger - green leaf lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mustard. I'll also shake a little hot sauce on it.
If I'm in the mood, (especially if I've made the pumpernickel buns), I'll make a mushroom swiss burger, with sautéed mushrooms and onions, Swiss cheese, grainy mustard, and a little horseradish, plus fresh spinach.
>>
>>9095685
Holy shit that's a lot of pickles
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.