[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

al/ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 36

File: IMG_0117.png (42KB, 377x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117.png
42KB, 377x295px
al/ck/ alchie alcoholism General

RRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN edition.
>>
First for booze
>>
Day #2 of not going out to the bars.
What's even worse than being sober is the thought of all those people out there right now having fun and I'm just sitting here on the fucking internet.
>>
bros i've been trying to cut down. i went from drinking god knows how much to 4 beers, to 3, to 2 and wow have i been a miserable cunt all week. like i dont even think i'm in a bad mood but then someone reacts to something i've said like o_o and i realize i just want booze and i don't mean to act a dickhead. fuck mates :( i used to be a funny, witty guy, but the past week (maybe two) i've just been wondering how i still hve a gf desu. welp cheers i'm drinking another fuck tapering off i guess
>>
Had a fever of 102 for about 9 hours after drinking a liter
Think its finally time to cut back
>>
I fucked up again
>>
>>9095374
Fucking normie.
>>
File: 098097969578 (242).png (75KB, 284x375px) Image search: [Google]
098097969578 (242).png
75KB, 284x375px
95 days today. I'm so glad I'm not living like I was. I was on a fast track to an early grave.
>>
Drank half a bottle of dry Pastis/Ricard two days ago and blacked out.
My head still feels like it's trying to explode.
Help.
>>
i managed 7 days of sobriety, then i slipped and drank 0,7 vodka.

life is guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud
>>
>>9095406
This really motivated me to not get addicted. I'm too much of a happy person without it I couldn't imagine feeling what you are feeling
>>
Woke up in a huge pool of my own piss today. Can't flip the matress because I did the same on the other side.

Keep telling myself to get it together but for some reason I just don't.
>>
When are you going to stop drinking your life away?
>>
>>9096289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BshxCIjNEjY
Just throw it all out
>>
>>9095354
I want to drink but am on extended release pain killers so can't keep anything down : (
>>
so weak
>>
>>9096303
Butt chug
>>
egtrgbvfrfrd
>>
I've got a midterm today and I'm drinking absinthe. Why is it so fucking tasty?

Also, I've sort of turned my dad, stepmother, and step-sister into alcoholics by urging them into drinking more and more. I think I might be the devil.
>>
15 days sober.

Today I noticed a change, I went to work and was actually happy for once. I also laughed genuinely for the first time in forever.
>>
>>9095811
Question. How much did you drink over how long? Have you noticed wanting to be more sociable now you don't drink and finally, how long did it take you to feel happy again?
>>
>>9097180
How can you be happy at work. Isn't joy anathema to work?
>>
im fucked

theres bugs everywhere
>>
>>9097199
That's what I was thinking. It's a terrible job with terrible colleagues but today I was happy for some reason. It was a welcome change from self-loathing.
>>
>>9095713
It's OK bud, everyone fucks up. Start again :)
>>
>>9096926
Great post now kill yourself subhuman
>>
>>9096289
feels
>>
What's the beat way to approach two faggots who keep drinking till 6 am in the building. I don't care about parties themselves, but they jjst start shouting like they want to kill each other.
>>
>>9097153
to be honest with you man you might not be the devil but you are kind of a piece of shit. My cousin did the same thing to me, he wanted a drinking buddy and he peer pressured me every time we hung out until I finally started drinking with him and now I'm a hopeless alcoholic.
>>
>>9097229
I shat myself with diarrhea in a restaurant because I got piss drunk before the date, this is the lowest I've ever been
>>
>>9097189
>>9097189
Not him, but I'm in a very similar position so can give give you some answers.

72 days here. Was drinking since I was 13... abusing it in my teens, would drink whatever I could get my hands on, passed out a lot. My entire teenage life is a blur. At 19 I began to drink only alone. Cut off from everyone and would drink around 5 bottles of 70cl vodka a week with ciders thrown in. Did that for 3 years on and off (never stopped drinking just drank less or more).

First 2 weeks were horrible. Sweats, headaches and hard to sleep. Very weak and pain in my abdomen and frequent infections.

Also incredibly boring, but I stuck with it.

It gets better tho...a lot better. Before I quit I was thinking how I was going to be able to speak to anybody ever again normally, but around a month in, I guess the brain fog began to go and I began speaking to people again. I think the social aspect comes from pride and self esteem...when you're an alcoholic you feel worthless unless you've had a drink therefore you don't feel you want to engage with anyone.

Now I'm going to start the gym next week and trying harder than ever to find a decent job. Best decision of my life, if you're in a similar boat...do it.

If you have any other questions I'll hang about for a bit, I think having someone talk from personal experience is good to get motivated. I asked very similar questions when I decided to do it.
>>
>>9097258
It'll be a hilarious story to tell in the future anon. Don't sweat it
>>
>>9097260
I'm on day 15 and I don't have headaches or anything like that, in fact I sleep better now. The problem is I have the worst brain fog at the moment. I struggle to remember conversations I have had earlier in the day (which is shit when you have a gf and she begins to think you just don't listen). I hope it goes away soon.

I still feel pretty worthless and I have a hard time striking up a conversation (I was shy even before alcohol) or thinking of anything interesting to say (brain fog).

I just got a gym membership so hopefully exercise will help me feel happier and at least I don't feel like relapsing.
>>
Man, beer in Canada is so expensive. 60 bucks for 4 473ml Asahi singles and a 12 pack of shock top and bottle opener.

Also the shock top box ripped and the bottles dropped out breaking all over the floor. Luckily they didn't charge me for that.
>>
>>9097284
>>9097284
>>9097284
Just remember it's perfectly normal. Tell the people around you how you feel also and keep reminding yourself it will get better. I worked a day last montg (was temp job from an agency) and ended up talking to a guy on breaks, and even ended up walking to the bus stop with him and it was a constant conversation...and I enjoyed it!

At the end of it I reflected back on it and realised how I couldn't have done that 15 days in as you are... at least not without added effort.

What I'm saying is it will just click one day bud, and you'll thank yourself.

And yeah the gym will help a lot. It'll keep you busy.

Glad you're on the right path mate
>>
>>9097309
yea it's really expensive to be an alcoholic here
>>
>>9097309
>Asahi
Mental. I buy 660ml bottles of it for £1.39 where I live.
>>
File: 1327813585583.jpg (51KB, 750x600px)
1327813585583.jpg
51KB, 750x600px
>>9095354
this should be al/ck/s theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E9ydw_aDMg

enjoyment instead of self pity. that's where it is!
>>
>>9097322
Even 12 of the cheapest crap is like 26$ for 12. Pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>9097332
$46-$56 for a case of 24x 330 ml Asahi Superdrys here. Rather just buy rum
>>
>>9097332
Was 14 for 4. So more than 3 dollars.
>>
>>9097343
I'd drink rum if I could. But I can't stand drinking straight and I always run out of mixer too early. One shot these days makes me puke. Used to be able to take shots when I was young though. I'm approaching 30 and my stomach isn't what it used to be.
>>
what do YOU tend to eat when extremely dtunk?
>>
i managed to get my partner drunk with me today, using beers into malibu/coke into fireball

is drinking together a good or bad thing
>>
>>9095354
avey?
>>
>>9097398
roasted peanuts
kinder buenos
>>9097401
if you both have a laugh and fug at the end then it can't be a band thing
>>
>>9097398
hot dogs, sometimes. I'll drunkenly go to 7-11 and buy a couple and put lots of toppings on it. But usuall ythat's when I ran out of beer. I don't like to mess with my buzz.
>>
>>9097401
Don't make it a habit because it'll make sober times less fun. Save it for a once in a while thing getting shit faced.
>>
Whenever I drink now my neck/ throat seems to swell.

Am I dying?
>>
>>9097443
We're all dying anon
>>
>>9097429
When I used to have friends, all we did was drink. Hanging out sober was boring af.
>>
Need to stop.

Killed a bottle of gin sat night. Drank a 12 pack and some wine on Sunday. Mild withdrawals today but hollly fuck the anxiety and depersonalization were unreal today . felt like i was dead and terrified at the same time. Terror about nothing and everything at the same time.

Gonna really put some dry time together. This is gonna kill me.
>>
Alcoholism isn't all bad. I'm in such a state that I genuinely fear nothing anymore, unless I'm in a state of withdrawal. In the last 18 months, I've randomly gone up to girls in the street and confidently spoken with them maybe 100 times. Three times, one of them being about 45 minutes ago, i've kind of…not so much asked, but told, those girls that they're coming home with me. Which they did. It's incredible how much confidence you have when you're afraid of nothing, not even death. As bleak as the world looks when you're an alcoholic, the world is a very different place. Everything is different.
Her name was Kim, married but not content. even got a 'selfie' of us in bed together. That was nice.
>>
>>9097600
post it
>>
alcohol and mental illness stole all my japanese knowledge. 今は日本語わかんあい ;___;
>>
>>9097626
I'll have to photoshop a couple of things out first and I've only got my phone atm. I'll post it tomorrow if I can get to one of my computers.
Feeling so satisfied right now. I needed that. Really nice, slightly shy brunette gril who let me do what i wanted. Going to get addicted to trying this if I'm not careful, and one day end up back in jail because I hit on the wrong girl.
>>
>>9097398
Nothing, tbqh.
Wh n I do eat though it'll be a fruit smoothie and maybe some Parma ham. Just easy, healthy, no nonsense, high calorie convenience food that I can shove in my face and forget about.
>>
>>9097180
>Happy
Somehow this part is terrifying for me. I'm so used to numbing my feelings, feeling unfiltered raw joy is almost painful, and made me fall of the wagon more than once.

>>9097258
Oh wow. Was she someone you fancied?

>>9097511
>Mild withdrawals
>anxiety and depersonalization
Consider tapering next time.
>>
>>9095374
Pro tip: No one's having fun there. The alcohol hides their crippling depression and desperate lonliness
>>
The 16 year old next door looked really cute today. She was sitting on her porch. I almost told her how cute she was. I don't want to get beat up by her dad.
>>
I haven't shit or pissed myself when drunk yet. I guess I'm not truly an alky yet.
>>
I want to die
>>
>>9097780
I've enjoyed time with a few 16yo girls. Legal here. Really nice physically but emotionally terrible. Ultimately not worth it. If I ever do decide that I want a relationship, which I doubt I will, she's gonna be in her late 20's.
Sex is massively over rated.
>>
>>9095374
Bar people are total shit tho
>>
>tfw probably going to secretly buy alcohol without gf's knowledge for the first time today
>tfw this act is also my rock bottom that will help wean me off drinking and keep it to once every week or two
>>
>>9098017
Use the ol water bottle and vodka trick.

Get out of the house, pick up a case of water (you should have one in your car anyway for emergencies) and a bottle of vodka.

Empty the vodka bottle into the water bottles, put them in your trunk, and take one out every time you need a drink

You wouldn't believe the looks you get in a parking lot from filling up water bottles with a handle of vodka
>>
>>9095409
Not sure the two are related
>>
>>9096303
Thats good. Im sure your body could use a break
>>
>>9097180
Nice, isnt it? Its like a vacation from the hellish existence of extended drinking.
>>
>>9097250
Call the cops from a payphone and say one of them was waving a knife around
>>
>>9097511
Ask a doc to let you try naltrexone. It takes away cravings for many users. You'll still experience boredom and loneliness, though.
>>
hey al/ck/, you ever need to tell an old friend how you feel etc.? pls advice
>>
>>9098242
>>9098258
hey, good advice, I should've been more specific, this is troubles my friend is having re: disease and how to deal with it and I'm trying to figure my role in the whole mess

sorry if this is incoherent I had more than a couples
>>
>>9098242
emotional heart-to-hearts while plastered is a common thing among my drinking group. It's a good thing.
>>
>>9095354
I really fucking need to taper at this point but I can't. I either drink or don't Tapering just turns into blackout just like always. 10 years in and my w/d symptoms are getting really scary.
>>
Just got this to celebrate dropping my summer course
>>
>>9098663
my neck hurts
>>
File: IMG_0800.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0800.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>9098668
Sorry, rotated it but it still went horizontal for some reason
>>
I just had one drink of wine and had significant increase in blood pressure. anyone have an idea why??
>>
>>9098703
i think thats common for one or two drinks
>>
I'm not nearly drunk enough right now. Wat do.
>>
>>9098739
invest in bitcoin
>>
>>9098747
I first bought bitcoin in 2011. Spent at today's value, 2 million quids worth. Now suicidal.
>>
>fall in love with a woman with literal untreated Schizophrenia
>we break up
>I haven't even thought about drinking since then

Sure it's only been a few day, but i was a full blown alcoholic before this relationship and during. Has her craziness cured me?
>>
folks over at /r/cripplingalcoholism are dropping like flies. 2 deaths in a few months
>>
File: Whisky-San.jpg (165KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Whisky-San.jpg
165KB, 800x800px
Don't drink for 2 days and all of a sudden I'm back to waking up with no memory, wondering why I'm asleep on top of the bed covers and cannot for the life of my find my underwear

I'm such a lightweight
>>
>>9097260
Thank you for a real run-down.

I've been battling with the beast of booze for well over a decade. Can beat it 3 to 5 days in spurs, sometimes white knuckling and angry and others with a decent breeze and bushy tailed.

I noticed within myself heavy ass cramps / pains in abdomen around day 3. Feels like a shit cramped in ya, but it's not that.

I know I need to stop the boozing, but I always find myself slipping back on the sauce. Hearts out to y'all gunning to quit or battling this bitch
>>
>>9099152
theres too many fucking women on that sub
>>
>>9099329
Never been there myself so don't know what it's like, but what's wrong with women? Girls are absolutely lovely things. I would die to protect a gril I loved.
>>
>>9099336
woman alcoholics are annoying to be around oh im a bored house wife my husband is a few states away for the weekend and I got a little tipsy haHA im such a freakin barfly and a mess!

I HATE THEM
>>
>>9099152

both of those deaths were from opiates, although one of those people were going to be dead soon from alcohol anyway

people everywhere are dropping like flies from the all the fentanyl laced shit thats going around
>>
>>9098266
Your role is emotional support.
It's not like you can heal your friend, best thing you can do is go to the doc with him for stressful exams or whatever, being OK when he feels like crap, this kind of things.

And obviously, being drunk makes people talk about stuff they usually keep hidden and/or random crap they wouldn't even think about when sober.

>>9099041
Maybe you saw the bottom of the pit without reaching it yourself. That's a good thing I guess.

>>9099329
Half this board is fem- >>9099344 nevermind, there's no girl on the internet.
>>
i need to stop visiting /r/stopdrinking

if theres one way to ruin a stretch of sobriety its to go reading through posts on there
>>
>>9095374
Normal faggot.
>>
>>9096274
Dude, get out of here.
>>
>>9099592
Normalshit here. My sister is an alcoholic and I swear all that AA, support group, etc shit makes her worse. I mean she ends up thinking about her childhood and listening to awful stories and - worst of all - is around a bunch of other drunks!
>>
>>9099336
Don't speak so ubiquitously about women you fucking retard.
>>
Speaking of women, going into my 30s I've noticed a fuckload of them are wine drunks here in America. No wonder they get fat.
>>
>>9099735
Why would you ever even need some support group or AA or any of that garbage, if you can't fucking do it by yourself with no help you won't be able to with others help since it will stop one day and you will still be the same person, not having changed, so you will go back to drinking sooner or later
>>
>>9099782
I don't know. She's a Stacy and I think gets off on the social/people/waaahhhhhh crying aspect of it. She likes being reinforced with how difficult her life is, so she probably goes in there and talks about our childhood (which wasn't that bad desu) and gets told how right she is and how much of a victim she is. So yeah, I think it's really unhealthy for her. She needs to just learn to not drink. I understand it is a struggle, but, I think this AA shit is toxic.
>>
File: 1497729261636.png (90KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497729261636.png
90KB, 1500x1200px
>>9099731
Dude, stop drinking
>>
>>9099792
>gets told how right she is and how much of a victim she is

Hmm, I've heard a lot of complaints about AA, many valid, but not that one. The groups I've been in emphasize you are responsible for your sobriety and there is no one to "blame" but yourself. I suppose there may be a few groups like you're describing out there but they certainly aren't the norm. She should really find another group.
>>
>>9099882
She even says she doesn't want people drinking around her. How the fuck are you supposed to live a normal life sober and not let people drink around you?

I don't drink alcohol but I could give a fuck if someone has a beer.
>>
>>9098065
make sure it's BPA free.
>>
>>9096926
Uhmm captain Morgan 1l
>>
>>9099863
this desu senpai baka
>>
Anyone else drink to hide symptoms of mental illness?

I have schizophrenia and drinking makes me more normal I think. Less bored, more happy. Voices are easier to ignore when drinking!
>>
>>9097203
Go to the hospital and tell them you are DTing.
>>
>>9097203
Drink right now dude. THen go to the hospital. You can die from that. DRINK. You can quit later with medical help, but right now you need to DRINK.
>>
>>9099901
That's the problem I was talking about, all her "strength" (she sounds like she has none to be honest) comes from the group, not from her, so the slightest thing will set her off again, which is why those groups are shit and don't do anything
>>
>>9100004

I'm schizoaffective, mostly i drink to feel something other than crippling anhedonia.. the fun years have passed and now alcohol just makes me miserable but its still preferable to nothingness
>>
>>9100004
schizoid here, just drink cause of boredom, drinking also makes me talk in social situations, when otherwise I only talk when asked some question, and even then it's a short answer
>>
>>9099863
>>9099963
Alright, that was fair.
>>
>>9100160
Is the anhedonia caused by the illness or the meds? I have it too.
>>
>>9100234
illness.
alcohol is the only cure
>>
>walk out the store with a few bottles of vodka
>see a bunch of teenagers just laughing and messing around and being happy and cheerful
>almost break down right then and there
>>
>>9100399
lol
>>
>>9100404
It just made me realize how many things ive never had in my life
>>
>>9099742
No. They're lovely. You can't make me. I adore grils.
>>
Who else morning drinking? Have 3 shots since 10am.
>>
File: zoe.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
zoe.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>9100399
Teenagers are delicious. Fuck I loved my teen years. Girls were easy as fuck, liver still worked, everything was an adventure. Stahp pls space time continuum.
>>
>>9100849
I've had 3 x 70cl bottles since 8.30am. Now in fucking withdrawal, fell asleep for about 6hrs and have nothing left. Waiting for the Sri Lankan dude from the corner shop to text me back telling me when he'll bring more.
>>
>>9100710
Dude I haven't had them either, I just laughed at your post is all. It's no big deal.

I've never had a relationship with any girl in my entire life. It's like sure I've been to some countries in Europe and have a couple of friends, but honestly everyone faces the same existential problems no matter if you are rich or poor or get laid all the time or whatever. Everything kind of ends up being the same and you shouldn't envy anyone.
>>9100840
You sound like a massive cuckold. Pick out a few girls and like them for a good reason, but don't act like women are some cosmic gift to all of mankind.
>>
>>9100851
Fuckin normie.
>>
>>9100899
>few
Nah there's only one girl for me. I love her infinitely. Have done for over a decade. I've tried fucking other girls but just thought about her. Call me a cuck if you must, don't care.
>>
>>9100919
cuck
>>
Good evening alcoholic friends
what the fuck are you fags up to?
>>
>>9100919
Alright that's fine then. But dude seriously are you drunk right now to be so fucking happy or what.
>>
>>9100933
Drank a bottle of wine this morning and am getting into beers now. Am going to see a Michael McDonald concert tonight with Boz Scaggs.
>>
>>9100933
Drinking rockstar with vodka in it.

Making regular trips to piss out of my ass.

Trying not to puke as well.
>>
>>9099318
Naltrexone makes obtaining easier
>>
>>9100942
Not sure what Rockstar taste like since I never had it
But Redbull and Vodka taste pretty good so I guess it's something similar
>>
>>9100935
Nah, painfully sober. Waiting for booze to be delivered. I suppose I just feel good because I fucked some girl who reminded me of my ex.
All girls to some extent remind me of my ex. Fuck I miss her. 27yo blonde, DD cup, size 10, big brown eyes, intelligent, funny, tight, nice smell and taste, superlative in bed, had money, had style...just perfection. naturally I chose alcohol over her and she left me.
>>
>>9099735
AA is horse shit. The disappointment people feel when they first go to a meeting and realize it has nothing to offer them, is palpable
>>
>>9100952
They come in cans premixed in Canada. Yeah, it's kind of like redbull.
>>
>>9100955
Alright then. Sorry to hear it's like that.
>>9100950
Whenever they gave me naltrexone I just drank massive amounts of booze over it everyday and felt no kind of ill effect at all. That's why I stopped taking it.
>>
File: 20120705151236Z.jpg (64KB, 530x508px) Image search: [Google]
20120705151236Z.jpg
64KB, 530x508px
>>9100972
tfw
>>
>>9100986
literally why
>>
>>9100992
I wouldn't buy that but I've bought margaritas before. THe reason I buy premixed drinks is to get drunker. Instead of buying a case of beer, I buy a case of beer and 2-3 premixed drinks.
>>
>>9100992
why not
>>
>>9100963
Yeah AA is a fucking mess. I went to one meeting, realised it was a christian recruitment conspiracy, didn't go back.
>>
16 days sober

I felt happy as fuck today and it was fucking amazing.
>>
>>9101022
have a drink to celebrate
>>
File: sip.png (2MB, 899x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
2MB, 899x1600px
>>9101026
I am :)
>>
Sometimes you just gotta puke. Then you feel better and and can keep on drinking,

Does this mean I'm dying though?
>>
>>9101048
I throw up constantly when I'm sober. Once I've managed to keep a couple of drinks down it stops
>>
>>9101057
what the fuck
how long have you been drinking for and how much
>>
>All those Anons drinking ungodly ammounts of alcohol
For a while I was extremely worried about drinking 1-2 vodka bottles a week for a few years, but now I realize I'm not even close to some Anons here.

I'm actively trying to quit since I became a 270+ lbs (From 180 lbs) fat fuck from getting drunk and eating extremely unhealthy shit when shitfaced for so long, but I just have such a long way to go to have an acceptable weight again that I happen to pussy out and do it again from time to time. So I just take back the little bit of weight I just lost the few weeks I spent sober, eating healthy and exercising.

Goddamnit, being weak-willed is a curse.
>>
>>9101078
Not him but I have the same problem. 15 beers a day. I go sober for days at a time too. I think I wrecked my stomach or something.
>>
>>9101078
23 years. started as a teen with a couple of litres of strong cider, now on just over 3 bottles of vodka. as soon as i sober up i'm very ill.
>>
>>9101086
Went from 140 to 230. I feel your pain.
>>
>>9095354
I had to take a few weeks off since I got a DUI after being particularly retarded and not walking to work. Probably gonna be walking for the next two years, don't know for sure yet.

Need 8-10 pints to have a normal, relaxed night. About twice as much to get proper drunk.

I know I'm killing myself and I'm a thread to my surroundings, but being sober just wasn't realistically doable in the end. Just trying to kill myself slowly and discreetly.
>>
>>9100874
What are you drinking? And what time zone?
Ive had 5 or 6 now and I'm not really feeling it since I ate alot before I started. Luckily I dont get withdrawals either except the shakes. I think.
>>
>>9101136
Smirnoff. I only drink Smirnoff. I'm in England.
You've had 6 70cl bottles of liquor??
>>
>>9101136
>Luckily I dont get withdrawals either except the shakes

You only need to get withdrawal 2 times before you start getting brain damage from the next ones.
Taper, never go into withdrawal
>>
File: 1483565246963.jpg (7KB, 235x222px) Image search: [Google]
1483565246963.jpg
7KB, 235x222px
Lost count of last day I had nothing to drink, I've been running out of money but hopefully I'll get paid tomorrow. Over 75% of my pay in the last 2 months has been dedicated to alcohol. Any other anon know this feel?
>>
>>9101211
I know exactly that feel.
I would be a rich fuck if it wasn't for alcohol
>>
>>9101016
If it were a christian recruitment thing they might actually try to help people, its actually just a cult of drunks
>>
>tfw had a few bottles of wine yesterday because I couldn't handle being sober at someone's birthday party

I either drink or I'm a complete hermit. It's frustrating.
>>
>>9101281
>Make stoner friends
>Do drugs when going out
Problem solved!
>>
>>9101319
Weed gives me terrible anxiety.
>>
>>9097203
I don't get it
>>
>>9101324
Guess he levelled up and began hallucinating.
This morning there was a tarantula on my wall and a thousand disappearing/reappearing flies all around me. No matter how much I become used to it, it's always scary. 'The fear' is horrific.
>>
>>9101176
I got an MRI and they said drinking gave me brain lesions.

They were testing for brain damage (because I have schizo) to make sure it was really schizo and not brain damage. They didn't find enough brain damage to caucse the symptoms (so schizo was confirmed) but they strongly recommended I quit drinking. I didn't quit.

I've had DTs twice.
>>
>>9101372
howmuch were/are you drinking?
>>
>>9101372
>drinking gave me brain lesions.
same. i get around 3 more every 6 months. probably more than that now, i don't bother seeing my neurologist any more. in 2012 i became permanently partially sighted due to brain lesions.
>>
>>9101396
During my worst, lots and lots of vodka. I'd guess a litre of vodka per day. I've cut down to 12-20 beers instead. Haven't had DTs in years. But when I quit I ask doctor for valium now. Withdrawal scares the shit out of me.
>>
>>9101412
How long did you do that for?

Thanks for helping to scare me back on the wagon by the way.
>>
>>9101438
Maybe a year or so. I was blacked out constantly. But drinking daily I've been doing for years. Started at 14 I'd take 7 shots from my friends liquor cabinet in a row. I don't even know how I used to do that! I just did! But everyday has been 20-27. (I'm 27) I've felt a lot better since swearing off hard liquor though.

Everything seems fine and then suddenly there's spiders everywhere and you have a seizure. Don't stop suddenly.
>>
>>9101458
I already did a succesful taper but now I'm relapsing a bit again.

I feel like I almost need another taper after one day of hitting the bottle though.
>>
>>9101469
Once you have withdrawal a few times, you will always have some withdrawal. It's called "kindling".
>>
>>9101481
Just read the wikipedia, that's some scary shit.

I want off this ride but I can't really be around people sober. It's a shit deal.
>>
Just ordered a gram of heroin and a prostitute. I've got to get away from alcohol. I don't know if this is a good idea, but I've got to do something. Dealer should be here within minutes, girl should arrive at half 12. Just blown a grand, hope it's worth it.
>>
>>9101556
Where do you live? If you're in Canada nor Northern USA that shit is NOT heroin. It's something called fentanyl, and it might kill you.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-27-15-45-02-1.png (562KB, 1080x1664px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-27-15-45-02-1.png
562KB, 1080x1664px
>>9101157
Dam I wamt to visit someday. Smirnoff is ok. I like mikes harder lemonade or reds. Wasnt to sure about 70cl but I looked it up. In pic related
is how much I've drank so far. About to be 4pm and I'm barely getting buzzed and gotta go meet my mom to eat.
>>9101176
I always go cold turkey after I drink to much and make an ass of myself. Hope im not to fucked up.
>>
>>9101562
England, and nah it's smack. im a former junkie, and yeah i've OD'd on fent before.
tonight should be nice. not telling you which one, but one of these will soon be here

https://girlsfromparadise.com/gallery.htm

and minutes from now imma be chasing the dragon. anything has to be better than WD.
>>
>>9101586
gonna wank to some of these desu
>>
Had the shakes for the first time this past week. Terrifying and embarrassing getting myself to the shops for a fix. Trying to taper down now, overshot my goal today but still less than yesterday. Hoping if I can just drink a little less each day I'll get sober in the end. Still, while I am drinking, cheers.
>>
>>9101692
Don't blame you. They cost an absolute fortune for a reason. They're always perfectly presented and do precisely what they're told. There used to be identical twin sisters working there. That was fun.
4 minutes and she'll be here. Just hope I don't throw up, WD is slaying me and no sign of dealer yet.
Bbl orgasms.
>>
Why do I always relapse? I really want this to end, but not by my dying.
If I could just get over the insomnia I think I could do it, but going a week without sleep is savage, I always end up drunk again solely to get some fucking rest
>>
Should I go buy some 4lokos before I keep drinking tonight? I have 1/4th of a fifth left and the night is still young.
>>
>>9102358
>I have 1/4th of a fifth left
So... 1/20th?
>>
>>9102381
Yes anon 1/20th.
>>
>>9102120
Doctor, meds
>>
>>9097309
>>9097322
Why is booze so expensive there? Is it severely taxed?
>>
>>9102426
yes
is
the answer to that question
>>
I used to drink a beer a week. Couldn't imagine the toll it was taking on my body. I'm at 20 days right now and still going strong.
>>
>>9102468
Not welcome here
>>
>>9102468
damn stay strong bro
>>
Any of you al/ck/ies ever had arak?
>>
File: Dirlewanger.jpg (50KB, 472x785px) Image search: [Google]
Dirlewanger.jpg
50KB, 472x785px
Since I don't have any dependents and due to the fact that I have siblings who can take care of my ageing parents.....I don't see the point in being sober.
>>
>>9102505
mental and physical health
>>
>>9102507
I don't care about living till I'm old. That sounds miserable.
I'm fine mentally.
>>
>>9102515
>alcoholic
>fine mentally
yablewit
>>
File: Thousand Yard Stare.jpg (110KB, 650x900px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Yard Stare.jpg
110KB, 650x900px
>>9102518
I'd be mentally ill if I were too actively choose to remain sober in a degenerate world.
>InB4 go back to /pol/
Fuck off
>>
Smirnofbro wher e are you still doing stronk and alive? i hope you're ok bro
>>
1.5 liters in today and no signs of stopping
Not even wasted yet. Been drinking heavily for about 7 years. Lab work came back negative again for liver damage too. Am I a demon or something? I'm probably not gonna die anhy time soon from the alcohol.
>>
Drinking cheap rum because i couldn't afford/find anything else. I think i may end this bottle alone today. I'm really hungry but fuck food.
>>
>>9102534
Pussy. You are a degenerate. You just have to pass the phase of the fact that nothing will be done about it.
>>
>>9101713
tapering is best with beer. harder to catch a buzz.
>>
>>9102358
if you buy more youll probably end up with just left enough to catch a buzz when you wake up tomorrow. then its off to the races.
>>
>>9102358
Yeah man. You should. I want to go buy some but my car is being blocked in.
>>
>>9102493
Whata he said. But good job.
>>
File: santa foda.jpg (29KB, 462x377px) Image search: [Google]
santa foda.jpg
29KB, 462x377px
I'm a fairly new alcoholic. ive used to drink on binges and events, until i couldn't stay up, but i don't exactly have a social life anymore so ive been drinking alone for the past year

i feel miserable but at the same time i don't care about it and feel ok. Is this normal? i feel like i only have courage to fix my life when im drunk, but when im sober everything is terrible and the pain is unbearable. I feel like depression is hitting me like when i was young.

should i eat these french fries at my side bt?w i feel like i want to but at the same time i'm worried i'm going to vomit after half bottle of cheap ass vodka
>>
>>9102895
>feeling awful but at the same time good
Pretty good sign you're dead inside like most of the people who drink alone
For me personally I can't handle how slow time moves when I'm sober so I drink and take lots of cocaine. Being sober is like my own personal hell and was like that until I discovered coke and booze senior year of HS. went to rehab and got put on drugs to make me happy but i went through the gauntlet of antidepressants and none worked quite as good as alcohol. I think I made it 5 months without a drink before caving in and starting again.
Eat the french fries and drink tons of water. The sodium that is hopefully seasoned on the French Fries will help you retain water and will ease the perpetual hangover provided you remember to hydrate. RN I'm chugging my daily 2L of pedialyte to hopefully reach the same effect. I don't even eat anymore because my stomach hurts when I consume materials that aren't liquid grain alcohol
>>
>>9102918
Same bro, same, i tried lexapro before but it just indulced a state of aphaty and i still thought about bad things, i think i'm better off this shit and on alcohol

ill eat them and im overdrinking water. And ikhow you feel, time moves too slow when sober. Too much time to think about everything that's going wrong withmy life. anxiety don't help too

good luck anon i hope you can have many moments of peace in life, where we can just relax and stop thinking about everything
>>
>>9102946
>lexapro
Holy shit are you me. The reason I quit lexapro was the side effects though. Made my breathing fucked up and overstimulated me to the point where I was squirming and groaning for hours on end from the pains and twitching. I did a few others too and they didn't work so bad as lexapro, but none ever worked enough to keep me from my personal hell.
all I think about is peace. I'm probably close to dying right now, so I don't want to cause anymore conflicts. I don't have any family left or anything, so I want to make sure people at least have a somewhat unforced positive view of my presence before I bite it.
>>
>>9102946
Not him but I'm on lexapro as well. I have generalized anxiety disorder and the reason I was put on them was because my thoughts would race at night and it kept me up. I've been on them for awhile now, maybe 8 months, and I've been sleeping a lot better but I understand what you mean about the bad thoughts. I have actually been having a lot more bad thoughts since my father passed away 2 months ago but I would never find the courage to actually pull some scary shit like that off. My mother would be devastated. As far as mixing ssri with liquor they tell you not to do it but I've been drinking ever since I started taking them, just only on the weekends. I crush 30 16oz beers in the course of 3 days and by Monday or Tuesday I have a really shitty mindset and get horrible thought, and then they usually taper off. Some people have bad reactions to anti depressants I just wouldn't stop taking them without first talking to your doctor. You'll be getting brain zaps and those thoughts you have could play out in the real world.
>>
>>9097640
>日本語わかんあい
lol

>>9098065
Driving around with shitty plastic open containers with booze sounds like a great idea.
>>
>>9102960
Godspeed you wee bugger
>>
>>9102977
I'm sorry about what happened to you anon, i hope you're ok

I'm actually "ok" desu and i've managed to live some months without them before getting really addicted to alcohol. Cold turkey is a TERRIBLE idea but after you deal with the side-effects, life was shinning for me.

Of course if got worse. I think i really had depression after all and after i've stopped to take antidepressants they took awhile to stop having effect on my body, giving me the sensation of "oh i stopped them and feel happy so i don't have depression";

>>9102960
Anon if you have any other choice try to chase it. I'm sure you don't cause any conflicts, sorry to sound like a hypocrite but i think we overthink many things that doesn't matter at all, and feel bad about them. I know im only an depressed anon a hundred miles away but if i could lend you a hand to help...
>>
I have a serious question.
I feel like I've been an alcoholic for a while, drinking myself to sleep with a liter of strong beer or half a bottle of 40° fa few days a week for a few years.
But the rare times I managed to quit for more than 2 weeks, I didn't feel any kind of withdrawal, except maybe the occasionnal mental urge to drink when I did something I enjoyed when I was drunk, but no actual physical symptoms.

So my question is, is there any kind of "silent withdrawal", when you're in withdrawal but don't feel any kind of physical symptoms/illness?
>>
>>9102804
I'm alive, mang. Not sure how, but yup. 7.45am and drunk
>>
>>9103008
Honestly, you probably werent drinking enough to have substantial withdrawls
>>
>>9103008
Yes.
>>
File: 12412848124.jpg (7KB, 100x120px) Image search: [Google]
12412848124.jpg
7KB, 100x120px
Torn up deciding, keep going when im already fucked up right now or have another session after sleeping a few hours? Could also get takeout now but not later
>>
>>9103024
love you buddy i aspire to be you one day
>>
File: 1496435913762.jpg (819KB, 785x7575px) Image search: [Google]
1496435913762.jpg
819KB, 785x7575px
This thread fucking boring pham

Check this image tho this shit funny af
>>
>>9103024>>9103024
Same bRO but its stil4am here lefs make it for Another day ok
>>
>>9102534
>/pol/ak
>Promoting alcoholism
>Shittiest triggers as excuse
You wot mate?
>>
>wake up
>small bruises all over my arm and hands
>mysterious wounds that hurt when i touch but have no idea how the fuck they happened

what the fuck
>>
>>9101057
This is exactly what happens too me as well. I'm only 24 and think I've fucked up my stomach lining or something. I even puke after a few drinks in the morning but once I've puked I drink more and I'm fine. I'm literally dying. The only thing that stops it if I haven't drank is if I take like 5 10mg valium to calm my body and mind down.
>>
>>9103052
Don't turn into me, anon. The suffering is real. Escape if you can
>>
>>9103099
too late aLready on my way
>>
>>9103083

Maybe you're just shit with nausea and hangovers. I wouldnt worry about it
>>
>>9103079
leukemia
>>
>>9103112
Nah I get really bad withdrawals. Shaking like fuck can't even hold a glass without spilling it everywhere. Sweats. Whole body feels heavy as fuck when I stand up. Literally got to lie down. Anxiety. Puking. Crazy thoughts. The list goes on. It all goes away after enough alcohol.
>>
>>9103142
>a lot of the symptoms fit
uh huh
>>
>>9103028
So drinking myself to sleep for like 5 years isn't enough to suffer from withdrawal? If so, how much does it take to feel actual withdrawals?

>>9103029
Fuck. Care to elaborate? Like, how come I don't get any symptoms but still am in withdrawal?
I kind of try to turn my life around, losing weight and getting in shape to recover from the self-inflicted mess I have become, and I just want to know if my brain is just slightly damaged, or is outright fubar.
>>
>>9103197
Don't go into withdrawal you fucking retard, have you read nothing about that shit?
Whatever, enjoy your brain damage idiot
>>
I started drinking to get rid of my anxiety when I was around 13 just so I could socialise and now I'm literally drinking just to stop the withdrawals. I actually took all my GCSES drunk and still managed to pass somehow. Every job I've had I've been fired from for being drunk stumbling about.

It doesn't seem to help anymore unless I get black out drunk. Even then I wake up with regret and really bad anxiety. What do? I think I'll just kill myself before I die slow
>>
>>9099152
jesus christ that page, all those dog pictures, even in that shithole the reddit poz comes through
>>
>>9103264
>What do?
Stop drinking, go through terrible anxiety, regret your old "anxiety".
Find other ways to deal with anxiety.
>>
File: don-de-dieu.jpg (326KB, 750x1121px) Image search: [Google]
don-de-dieu.jpg
326KB, 750x1121px
*enters your thread*
>>
>>9103255
I do not wish to start to drink hard enough to get into withdrawal phases (Who would want that, really?), on the contrary, I'm trying to coldturkey it.
I'm just wondering if I already experienced symptomless withdrawal, to try to measure the damage I've done.
>>
>>9103500
>I'm trying to coldturkey it.

Never do that, fuck.
>>
>Try to taper off with beer
>always end up going to the store for more
fuck me
>>
>>9103511
Yeah this is why I don't taper. I just end up drunk every time. Cold turkey is better than just continuing to drink.
>>
>>9103523
Cold turkey is the worst thing for alcohol though, even continuing drinking is better than going through withdrawals, long term
>>
>>9103264
You could always work in a kitchen.
>>
>>9103153
About how long does that take to set in from your last drink? I work with a guy who is like that and it's fucking killing me because I, and my staff, can hardly get any work out of the fucker. I'm just wondering if him getting back on the booze'll be better for us all, when he gets enough money from his 2nd job.

Also, how the fuck do you guys who recovered and relapsed, are recovering, or are recovered deal with the boredom? I keep myself in okay shape, I work 60+ hours a week consistently at 2 jobs, and I swear liqour, and other drugs, have helped me get girls who I feel like are way out of my league. When I'm alone, I end up drinking. My job basically promotes drinking, >>9103583 , I'm this guy. I'm starting to feel like this is just what my 20s are supposed to be like and I'm not so abnormal, but I'm terrified of my 30s being like this if I don't change my ways.

Everytime I set a list of things to do, it's like I insist on rushing through it just so I can end up drinking, because I had a "productive" day. Cleaned my apartment, exercised, paid my bills, did my weekly check on my budget, bought groceries, lined up a date for Monday night, and a couple of other things. Knocked it all out within 5 hours of waking up, because today is my day off from both jobs and it's just a race to the finish line to booze it up all day.

I justify it all behind the fact that I'm more productive than most people I know, I have a halfway decent savings account, health insurance, I can actually talk to girls, etc. At what point do I just say fuck alcohol? How many years away, man?
>>
>>9103614
>deal with the boredom?

Hobbies. You need a hobby. Start collecting spoons. Build model airplanes. Plant a garden. Get into homemade hot sauces. Etc.
>>
>>9102503
Yes, it's good stuff. It's like Turkish raki. Basically unaged grape brandy distilled again with aniseed.

I prefer it to ouzo, pastis and sambuca because it doesn't have added sugar, as far as I know.

Best aniseed drink except maybe for absinthe.
>>
>>9102818
liver isn't the only thing that can kill you bruv
>>
>>9103664
>>Raki

Oh, god. I love this shit. I spent a week in Istanbul at loved ordering this stuff by the bottle for me and my friends. I stayed with a girl I met on the J1 program and her father warned me like 3 or 4 time about how easy it is to drink way too much of it. Fried anchoves and raki is amazing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>9103671
>that magical feeling when you watch the water hit the booze
>>
>>9103677
I'm a little trashed, so sorry if i get this wrong. We ate at taksim nevizade a couple of times, I think that place is high class? we never got it watered down. They'd bring out a fifth to us and I think they gave us beet juice, or something red, to chase it with. It was never watered down, though.
>>
>>9103688
And just to add to this, her mom made homemade wine, which is pretty common I think, that was fucking incredible.
>>
File: ricard.jpg (78KB, 584x842px) Image search: [Google]
ricard.jpg
78KB, 584x842px
>>9103688
I'm not from Turkey and don't know a whole lot about the culture/cuisine, I just like the booze.

I like it watered down with some ice on a hot day, like you'd drink pastis. It's refreshing and brings out more of the flavour I think.

I think the Turks traditionally drink it with some water as well though.
>>
It's 8 am and already started drinking. I'm pathetic.
>>
>>9103710
You're probably right. My friends over there were pretty big drinkers and had done the J1 program in my city, so they probably just did it straight because of me and bars are like that here.
>>
Normal fucking Vodka is the best, it doesn't taste anything but Vodka and reks me after a bottle.
>>
>>9103827
Don't forget the part where it mixes down well with anything and always gives you the mouthwash excuse!
>>
>>9103635
That shit doesn't work when your neurotransmitters are FUCKED UP, literally everything will be boring unless you're drunk or drinking
>>
>>9103827
Yeah I don't see the appeal in fucking 100$ cognaq or brandy or some other shit like that, what's the fucking point, it all tastes like shit, and you don't drink it for taste anyway, as long as it's not literally poison (alcohol excluded) that's in it, it's fine, even a 10$ bottle of shitty vodka
>>
>>9103908
It's hard for me to get a hobby. I have schizophrenia and don't enjoy anything unless drunk.
>>
>>9103908
It's not even that really. I was too chickenshit to come up with a real response because what else is going to get me cute girls are fun nights? I'd love for my hobby to be working out, but I have decent posture and manage to not be overweight, I do well enough to not feel like working out anymore.

I'm starting to think I'm just going to be stuck this way for awhile.
>>
>>9103908
>That shit doesn't work when your neurotransmitters are FUCKED UP

My personal experience suggests otherwise. I never managed to quit the booze until I started getting involved with hobbies. Obviously you're going to have issues if you're literally going through withdrawals, but once you're past that point then find yourself a hobby.
>>
File: breughel spook.jpg (337KB, 1024x680px)
breughel spook.jpg
337KB, 1024x680px
First day sober again lads. Just had a bottle of wine yesterday. Now having a cup of tea for the first time in weeks, feels reassuringly wholesome.
>>
File: Jeongyeon-and-Momo1-1600x1066.jpg (228KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Jeongyeon-and-Momo1-1600x1066.jpg
228KB, 1600x1066px
I stopped drinking for a day and am not planning on drinking tonight.

Lately it's been hot hot but my feet, body and especially my hands have been sweaty. My hands especially are a pretty bright color of red and they've been sweating even more so that they have done before i even started drinking. Does this ever happen to anyone?

I'm not as bad as some in this thread no offense. I don't wake up early and start drinking in the morning it's usually an after work/before bed thing. But this is worrying me.

Korean Soju is fucking tempting.
>>
>>9103958
My experience with withdrawal is regardless of temperature I'm drenched in sweat and shake a lot. I cannot sleep either. I've decided it's better to just keep drinking than deal with that. I quit heroin a decade ago and it wasn't nearly as bad as alcohol.
>>
>>9103958
What kind of daily dose were you on?

>>9103970
The sweat also as a very different type of smell than normal sweat. Really poisonous.
>>
>>9103976
Oh yeah, the stench is unbearable.
>>
>>9103723
You're amongtst friends here, fuck that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP2c7FsUVic

This guy made me laugh so hard I fell over.

Proper way to drink a heineken.
>>
I have a crush on my 16 year old niece. Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>9104187
>Is there something wrong with me?

You mean, other than the fact that you're an alcoholic?
>>
>>9104227
I used to get wasted at family gatherings and play with her all night. When she was 10 or so. She had acrush on me too. Now, I still love her and want to be her boyfriend. Wtf. I'm sick.
>>
Drank last night. I woke up today with a million tiny red dots on my right forearm. Looked it up, I'm guessing it's Petechiae, which doesn't seem to be caused by drinking. Unless I'm totally wrong. Maybe when I passed out I fell asleep on my arm and cut off circulation? Any anons have this happen to them?
>>
>>9103523
Take benzo.
>>
>>9104344
Already addicted to them as well as alcohol.
Yeah. I'm in trouble.
>>
>>9103614
I would probably say around 4 hours. But I'm constantly drinking. If I black out and sleep for say about 7 hours I'd wake up with severe withdrawals.

I would either fire the guy or if you are leniant let the fucker have a few before work, just make sure he's not so fucked that he can't function.

Also I've stopped before for around 2 month and ended up in the same place because of the pure boredom. I choose alcohol over my girlfriend of 3 years because she wanted me to stop. That says it all really. It gets a grip of you and fucks up your life and everything in it.
>>
17 days sober and I WANT A DRINK SO FUCKING BADLYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>9104908
That's because your brain is tricking you in not remembering the horrors, anon.
>>
File: spk.jpg (158KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
spk.jpg
158KB, 425x640px
First day sober complete. Feels jittery.
>>
File: IMG_0286.png (964KB, 802x1060px)
IMG_0286.png
964KB, 802x1060px
>>9103056
>those last two
Pretty lit stuff m8
I still drink occasionally, but I managed to curb back a shit ton compared to how I was last year so now I can be fine with only a drink or two a night. My usual was between 7-10 shots a night, but Everclear was pretty constant in my life. I'm extremely lucky I manage to stop when I did and not suffer permanent damage. I hope all the anons who have gone too hard find peace one day.
>>
>>9103958
My nigga, soju is delicious. I was thinking of picking some up and and brew some cold tea for oolong highballs, but I'm the only one I know who would drink it.
>>
Just woke up outside and couldn't find my way home. Couldn't remember where I lived. I'm scared
>>
>>9105728
Lol
>>
13 days sober today. Had some stomach cramps the first couple nights but it has been okay since then. Not sure what my end game is here, but I'm losing weight and saving money, so that's a good start.
>>
>>9105819
day 17 here. The money savings are amazing, I can't believe I was blowing 75% of my wagecuck money on alcohol. Now I can start paying off my debts
>>
File: 1352858628910.png (6KB, 201x191px) Image search: [Google]
1352858628910.png
6KB, 201x191px
Is this thread only for alcoholism, can alcohol enthusiast's join in?
>>
What's some food I can eat with my booze?
>>
>>9106061
literally anything you fucking twat
>>
>>9106048
[ ]Are you drunk
[ ]Are you not drunk

Select a box and the board will decide.
>>
>>9106048
It's people pretending to be drunk. The better your story is, the more upvotes!
>>
Get help people.
>>
>>9106061
Make liquor ball sandwiches
>>
>tfw too smart to drink alcohol
>>
File: 1498429632285.jpg (103KB, 754x1158px)
1498429632285.jpg
103KB, 754x1158px
>>9106077
>>9106070
>>
>>9106071
[ ]Are you drunk
[X]Are you not drunk
>>
When was the last time you drank until you started puking?
>>
>>9106099
GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>9095354
Thinking of all you lovelies. Remember that you deserve to be happy. Remember that you deserve love. There's help if you need it <3
>>
>>9097203
You do not want to go through the DTs unaided, anon. Go to the hospital or the liquor store one, you need to get regulated. And play it cool or you'll end up strapped to a bed.
>>
>>9106048
Same thing, just different position on the timeline.
>>
Still recovering a bit from a week long binge without eating or drinking water, it really fucked me up bros.
First day pretty much didn't exist because all I did was lay in bed trying to sleep (which didn't happen). Second day was a bit better, I ate a few bites here and there, tried to keep water down, but for some reason by body was sore lierally all over. Third day, yesterday, the soreness wore off and I was able to get two meals down and actually got 5 or 6 hours of decent sleep. Today is alright, im just really tired. Probably my body lacking nutrients combined with the lack of sleep I should take some vitamins.
The thing about the good sleep last night though is that I had this horrible, horrible fever dream where I got shot in the chest twice and had to call hannibal lecter, the mads mikkelson version, to pull them out and sew me up and I wouldn't let him put me under because I knew he'd probably cut off my leg or something and feast on it while I was out
Remember folks if you're gonna drink eat some goddamn food and drink some water at least. I don't know why I have a habit of doing this
>>
>>9106141
lmao gay
>>
I've drank 12-16 beers every other night for over a year. I've gone 2-3 days at a time without drinking, but otherwise I can't remember the last time I went longer than that. I last drank Monday night, I don't experience tremors (nothing terrible anyway), sweating or any of that other shit. I've heard DTs only really set in the 4th or 5th day after stopping. Will I be okay?
>>
I need help to figure out if i have depression or just addicted to alcohol

I've been drinking for some years, like once every two weekends and on rare binges and holidays. But for the past 2 monthss i've been drinking 4 or 5 nights per week. I just can't find any reason not to despiste obvious death in some years (death don't seem bad desu)

I don't know why i'm working, why i'm living, nothing gives me pleasure for years, when i was a teenager i've used to play games, play guitar, etc, idk, many things were fun, but nowadays nothing is great anymore.

I start to drink at 10pm and go on until 3am, when i go to bed and TRY to sleep. Wake up at 5am feeling like shit and keep trying to rest until i finally get out of bed at noon, "eat" whatever i bought and go to work. I arrive 9:30pm and repeat the cycle until i die.
>>
>>9102468
Piece of shit
>>
>>9106307
alcoholism can cause depression anon
>>
>>9106313
can depression cause alcoholism too?
>>
File: yes.jpg (60KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
60KB, 1600x1200px
>>9106314
>>
>>9106307
The depression you talk about is why so many people are on meds. Children are happy because they aren't prisoner to a fucked up system of strict rules and punishments. Being an adult can really suck. But at least you can afford food and shelter. Its gets plenty worse!
>>
>tfw drunk can only think of her and how she's gone

I get so depressed when usually I am a happy and fun drunk
>>
>>9095354
How much do you need to drink to become an alcoholic?
>>
>>9106372
Enough for it to get in the way of you being a normal, functioning, human being or for it to give you serious health problems.
>>
>>9106383
Am I fucked if more than half of my family was alcoholic? I mean, I don't drink that much, it's mostly around six beers a week, but sometimes it's just one beer, and other times ten beers and half a bottle of whisky.
>>
File: 288090_735x390.jpg (140KB, 735x390px) Image search: [Google]
288090_735x390.jpg
140KB, 735x390px
>>9106313
>>9106314

Its taoism. Black and white, thesis and antithesis.

New thread topic: Whats the worst thing you've ever done while drunk?
>>
>>9106423
did a hate crime did 6 months in jail for it
>>
>>9106414
One beer a day is pretty harmless, there's actually evidence showing that having that much alcohol might actually be good for your heart and blood vessels.

I can't speak for the binge drinking you describe at the end of your post however, it's probably not good for you.

As for the dangers of having alcoholics in your family and becoming an alcoholic yourself, [spoiler]my lawyer told me not to answer these sorts of questions, find answers elsewhere.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Also I am very drunk myself right now so take everything I say here with a grain of salt.[/spoiler] Why else would I be in this thread to begin with?
>>
File: 1498278215689.png (250KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498278215689.png
250KB, 600x600px
>>9106423
Nothing. I drink at my house and don't exactly lose control over my actions while drunk.

The worst thing I ever did when drunk was to stay alive.
>>
File: ADPullingDoubleBooty.jpg (17KB, 310x237px) Image search: [Google]
ADPullingDoubleBooty.jpg
17KB, 310x237px
>>9106440
>>9106434

I took an Uber to my favorite bar at 2pm, and got banned.

No idea what I did wrong, but I can't ever go back there again :(
>>
>>9106072
Fucking kill yourself you ignorant fool.
>>
>>9106141
Thank you anon. You look after yourself man.
>>
>>9106061
I keep fruit in bed next to me. Mostly it'll just go mouldy and need to be thrown away, but sometimes it's a godsend.
>>
>>9106434

Story?
>>
>>9106580
Is the fruit ever fermented?
>>
File: 10d.jpg (104KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
10d.jpg
104KB, 960x925px
>>9106141
go fuck yourself
>>
>>9106581
I can't say what I exactly did, but I was charged with bias intimidation. I got super drunk with a couple friends and went out and go into a shitload of trouble. Next thing I know I have reporters facebooking me and asking what happened and if I wanted to speak to them.
>>
i've developed a strong crush on elizabeth hiley.
i am ready to die.
>>
>>9095354
If you've been religiously reading these pity parties, I'm the guy visiting his cousin for attempting commerdurig suicide and berating him for being a dipshit.

As a PSA: If you actually want to kill yourself. Please do it in a field so no one has to pick up, preferably with a gun in your own name. And please don't make people have wait on you in hopes of, "saving you," if you're actually determined to end it (i.e. don't be an attention whore.)

Hope you get some friends who can be your companions through these times which can be both exceptionally prime or downtrodden pathetic, but don't ever put your burdens on other people who can live their own lives without the bullshit.
>>
File: corb.jpg (5KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
corb.jpg
5KB, 284x177px
>>9095374
Try weed.
>>
>>9106738
Oh fuck off you sourfaced cunt. People here are genuinely suffering.
>>
>>9106824
And I don't identify with them? Fuggaff
>>
Parents told me if they caught me drinking again they'd kick me out so i slammed a half pint of whiskey in my car in the driveway after work. It's been two hours and i just want more booze but if i sneak out and they find out my life is over
>>
>>9106981
You should take the opportunity to stop boozing, youngling.
>>
Awesome. That'll be 2 litres of rotting urine on the floor, then.
>>
>>9107035
how does that even happen
>>
>>9107067
tripped over my piss/puke bowl.
>>
Going on a break after I just was broken up with the other day. It's much needed and I need my head on straight.
>>
Not sure if this the right place to ask but
I've recently been really sick with a sinus infection for the last week and cut my drinking to 0 because medication. I've Been completely sober for 2 days, and only had 1 beer the previous one. Thing is I seem to be moving into withdrawal symptoms now, nausea/puking and shakes/sweating. I wanted to use this stretch to cool off for a bit but I feel like absolute garbage. When does the withdrawal stop? I'm getting a bit scared dudes. I don't want to seizure
>>
>>9107492
It's different for everyone depending on how much you drank for how long and how fast your body reacted to alcohol. Everyone coming in the thread asking us if they're an alcoholic for have X amount of shots/beers every X amount of days has to understand it's not about the frequency, but how badly you HAVE to do it in order to function normally. I've experienced severe withdrawal once and I just get depressed now if I abstain after a binge, but I don't have to drink to go throughout my day like I needed to a year or two ago. Keep in mind that you're also currently on sinus medication which is also flushing out shit from your body so just go about your day and do whatever you can to fight boredom.
>>
>>9105728
You're home now?

>>9106099
Drink.
Seriously, there is another thread for booze and cocktails, idk if it's up right now.

>>9106250
Ah, withdrawal nightmares. My favourite part about being on the wagon. Also why you should taper.

>>9106352
The days of happy drunk are gone Anon. Now you can only have sad angry biter drunk.
Try not to up it to the point where you only can be sad drunk or sad withdrawing.

>>9106653
>Anon is on the news.

>>9107492
Goes up on days 1 2 and 3, starts getting better around day 3 or 4, is over after a week or two.
Consider tapering with little alcohol. Or benzos. They won't mix well with your medications, but it's better than DTs. Ask a doc if you can.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.