[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

soy sauce eggs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (235KB, 460x543px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
235KB, 460x543px
thoughts on this?
is it really at that much better than just regular boiled eggs with a dash of salt?
>>
>>9095321
why are the yolks so big
>>
File: scotch eggs.jpg (175KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
scotch eggs.jpg
175KB, 1500x844px
>>9095321
just make scotch eggs with raspberry pepper jam
>>
>>9095321
better than normal boiled eggs when preparing ramen
>>
What's the procedure? Do I just dump the boiled egg in soy sauce?
>>
Keep this thread alive, I need to know as well lmao
>>
I haven't heard of dumping them in soy sauce. In Taiwan, they cook them in hot-but-not-boiling tea.
>>
>>9096250
Does that give them a different flavor?
>>
why haven't we been told how to do this yet? :'c
i dont wanna google it
>>
>>9096285
Combine soy sauce (or tamari), sake, mirin and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook for 8 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wide-mouthed pint jar. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 5 minutes for softer yolks or 6 minutes for firmer yolks. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Peel when cool enough to handle. Add the eggs to the jar; if they aren't fully submerged, add a little more soy sauce (or tamari) to cover. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
>>
File: thumbs.gif (346KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.gif
346KB, 320x240px
>>9096299
:>
>>
>>9096299
Ty annon. I will try this recipe. Could you tell us more about the flavor that the egg gets by letting it more time in the sauce? Sometimes more isn't better, there should be an optimal time to consume it
>>
can't get hard yolks tbqhpham
>>
>>9095327
Because when you leave it to soak in soy sauce, the whites lose moisture and shrink, causing the yolks to look bigger by comparison.
>>
>>9096311
same
>>
>>9096157
>>9096215
Do you not know how to use Google?
>>
>>9095321
Yeah they're great but I marinate them in spicy dumpling sauce which is richer and more interesting than just soy sauce.

And protip you don't want to hardboil the egg. The center of the yolk should still be a bit transparent and flow a little when heated by the soup.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.