[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to try flambé for the first time tomorrow. Am I going to die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: flambe.jpg (32KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
flambe.jpg
32KB, 400x533px
Going to try flambé for the first time tomorrow. Am I going to die?
>>
Depends if you're going to flambé yourself or the dish
>>
>>9094244
Everyone is going to die you idiot.
>>
>>9094263

I was planning to flambé the dish. However as a novice I worry about the possibility of flambéing myself
>>
>>9094265

That's a good point, I guess I didn't think about that.
>>
>>9094269
If you flambé yourself, you're a retard who deserved to burn to death. It's a very simple cooking technique.
>>
>>9094320
>this nigga has never flambé'd himself

well holy shit, looks like we got a badass over here!
>>
>>9094269
I haven't flambeed anything myself, but I've seen two main methods to do it; one is to pour the liquor in a separate container, heat and ignite it, then pour it over your food, as in pic related. The second is to pour it directly in the pan you're cooking in and ignite it there. You have to serve immediately after that before all the alcohol burns away and the show's over.

However, I would recommend care be taken to not pour alcohol into any pan or pot in direct contact with a stove. If the pan is too hot, it'll prematurely ignite the alcohol, and you'll make yourself a Molotov cocktail instead.
>>
>>9094396

Thanks for the advice, I was planning to make a crepé and then flambé out of a wine glass when I serve it. Hopefully everything turns out for the best.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.