[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'just the tip'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5025.jpg (172KB, 700x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5025.jpg
172KB, 700x1024px
Europeanfag here,
Whats the deal with Americans and tipping? Dont waiters and food industry workers get some kind of fixed monthly income from their employers? I dont tip (generally) unless I intend to bang the waitress.
>inb4 copy pasta
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 480x680px
The origins of tipping came from the great depression, when rich fags would slide a few bills under the table to get better treatment at crowded resteraunts.

The reason its widespread now is because everyone wants better treatment and we are now cucked by the govornment indirectly by allowing resterunts to give waiters lower-than-minimum
wages.

So you actually are a total prick if you dont tip them.
>>
I live in California where servers get full minimum wage. Worked in a buffalo wild wings and every girl was complaining about their tables tips while giving awful service all day.

Sitting in the back eating food, texting and shit like that. Even still when I have poor service I don't have the balls to not tip a few bucks
>>
>>9091671
American's believe that owners shouldn't pay people so they make consumers do it
>>
>>9091676
isnt it the government's fault then?
>>
I'm a waiter. Almost everyone in the waitering business is part-time. Work a 2nd jobs, studying, pursuing some pipe dream. It's never just waiting tables.
>>
inb4 302 replies
>>
>>9091676
>cucked by the govornment indirectly by allowing resterunts to give waiters lower-than-minimum
wages
Not really my personal issue. >>9091696
A true cu/ck/
>>9091719
>It's never just waiting tables
Its never my problem then.
>>9091726
Yeah wasnt intended as a bait thread. I just dont understand how people agree being in a certain caste of people literally less worthy than others. Do guns and strippers make a whole nation not want to protest for a worthy cause like having a certain fixed income for minimal wage? You american cucks never cease to amaze me
>land of the great, land of the free
Plz dont
>>
>>9091755
>Yeah wasnt intended as a bait thread.

Anon pls.
>>
>>9091671
never tip

nobody tips nurses either, though you and your families health/life depends on them.
>>
>>9091676
actually it dates to teh 16th century

>>9091671
TL:DR people used to do it to get faster service but now it's just customary. Employer's in the US are legally required to pay minimum wage, if a server's tips don't cover the spread the employer has to. Some employer's don't do this because they are dicks.
>>
>>9091814
forgot link: http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2016/01/20/463726763/episode-283-why-do-we-tip
>>
>>9091671
apparently tipping makes you look like a gentleman, but i dont. Why would you pay some bimbo to bring you shitty food and then retreat to the kitchen to text on their phone. Especially since they still get paid by the reataraunt. I understand that its minimum wage, but if youre stuck wating tables and youre not in school then your life is basically already over
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.