[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait so like what if in the future we have cows and pigs and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (103KB, 1080x784px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103KB, 1080x784px
Wait so like what if in the future we have cows and pigs and other farm animals who become self aware and develop a keen understanding of philosophy and let's say all of these animals read Camus and become horribly depressed despite living glamorous free-range lifestyles independent of oppressive farms? And what if these 100+ IQ farm animals decide they would like to commit assisted suicide and therefore sign a release form without duress to be humanely slaughtered and they donate their bodies to dinner? Would this be ethical consumption of animals? Would this utterly BTFO vegans?
>>
As a vegan I've got to say that I'm ok with this highly convoluted hypothetical situation.
>>
>>9091110
Another vegan here, would you eat your grandpas corpse after he dies or kills himself? Yeah it's not like he is gonna have any issue with it but... why?

In this retarded hypothetical situation I don't see any ethical issues with eating this meat but I would not because there is no need for it
>>
>>9091134
No because that would be cannibalism
>>
>>9091110
Most vegans would not be okay regardless of scenario because their diet is more of a cult than a life decision.
>>
>>9091144
>Most vegans would not be okay regardless of scenario because their diet is more of a cult than a life decision.

interesting idea but you should realize that the plant based food movement has more of a diversity of opinion than you might realize, and if you ever took the time to understand why someone might want to cut out meat from their diet you might realize you have a lot in common with them . There's many different "branches" of veganism and animal welfare is only one factor, it is by no means the only argument for veganism

That being said I do agree with you that most would not be ok regardless of scenario but this isn't because of any social reasons, but because of the meat itself. The unhealthy aspects of meat don't go away even if it is ethically harvested, the fact of the matter that meat is simply not necessary doesn't change.
>>
>>9091177
Fag
>>
>>9091110
no because you dont eat a pig like that all at once...
>>
>>9091177
Found the vegan
>>
>>9091110
You sure used a lot of words to say
'Is it ethical to eat a pig that wants to be eaten'
Is appearing intelligent important to you?
>>
>>9091443
I think the reason he phrased it there way he did was so no one would shit post about semantics and ignore the actual point he's trying to make. But you found a way to do it anyway. Great job shit post King
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.