[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summer is here....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20170624_180716.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170624_180716.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Watermelon Pico...

>Watermelon
>Red onion
>Green chilie
>Smoked salt
>Lime juice
>Lemon thyme
>Saffron

Is good.
>>
i have been making this for years. always good. it also works with mango's
>>
Mommy has a sensitive stomach. She wouldn't go for the green chilies. It looks good though.
>>
>>9090064
Hot damn. That sounds nice, thanks! Does it get really watery if it sits for more than a few minutes?
>>
>>9090197
OP here...to prevent it from getting too watery i dice and salt the watermelon then let it sit in a colander for a couple of hours to drain. I do the same with my mango-habanero version.
>>
thanks. we could really use a definitive salsa guide. its one of the best things at restaurants sometimes but homemade never really seems as good. would love to have a god-tier salsa method that i could put to use easily and often. its one of my favorite snacks.
>>
Anyone do pico or salsa on chicken? I tried a couple times and it never comes out good.
>>
salsa is made for one thing and one thing only: tortilla chips

using it with anything else is stupid and would be better served by hot sauce, imo
>>
>>9090430
Pico and salsa can work really well on fish chicken and even pork but from my experience you must...
NEVER us the crap out of the jar and
the salsa or pico should be cold or room temperature. It the contrast of temperature and texture that makes it work with say grilled pork loin or pan-seared grouper.
>>
>>9090064
How does saffron work with watermelon?
>>
Wish is didnt hate watermelon
>>
>>9090064
>>Saffron.
So, do you like spending 60 dollars on dip?
>>
i was with you until the saffron, OP. with flavors like that, there's now way you'll be able to taste the saffron. what a waste.
>>
>>9093177
OP again...quite wrong. The saffron adds a distict flavor that works well with the watermelon. It is not overpowered at all and required only a pinch crushed between my thumb and forefinger. Perhaps you have been using a low quality saffron or more likely than not...never actually used saffron.
>>
>>9090450
Salsa is shit for chips because it's not thick enough to easily scoop the way guacamole is. It's best for food served in tortillas.
>>
>>9090064
Who here /saffrononhotdogs/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.