[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello friends, ill be moving out of my parents soon and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170623-164140.png (383KB, 1440x2960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170623-164140.png
383KB, 1440x2960px
Hello friends, ill be moving out of my parents soon and have started purchasing kitchen items, i have a pestle/mortar, mandoline, blender, and 1 pot 1 pan, whatre your thoughts on this scale and knife. Also general kitchen item thread
>>
File: Screenshot_20170623-164157.png (308KB, 1440x2960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170623-164157.png
308KB, 1440x2960px
>>
>>9085998
I tend to feel limited with just one pot and one pan, you might want to consider grabbing two of each so you can make sauces while boiling potatoes or things like that.
Don't overspend on knives, buy cheap ones at goodwill and sharpen them properly if budget is a concern at all, which it tends to be in your first kitchen.
A really large pot for stock or soups is handy.
Lots of tupperware for storing shit and making lunch boxes.
Cutting boards, have enough so you can separate chicken, fish and vegetables at least.
Then there's all the tiny shit you forget to buy but you realise you need when you need it; potato peelers, measuring cups and jugs, box graters, wooden spoons, ladles, things like that.
When it comes to appliances, skip the microwave and go for a toaster oven if you desperately need something. Your workplace probably has a microwave for your lunchboxes.
Kettles are handy for quickly boiling pasta water.
>>
>$25 scale

a fool and his money are easily parted
>>
>>9085998
All you have is a mortal & pestal, a blender, a mandolin and 1 pot and 1 pan and top of your list of priorities is a fucking kitchen scale?
You dont cook, do you?
>>
>>9086059
I do, but its a few months out and while still living here i need a scale because the one i had got water danaged
>>
>>9086039

If you're going to do any serious baking, you need a digital scale. People who bake and use anything other than grams are idiots. With cooking, though, you can just eyeball ingredients. Then you just taste it and adjust. Baking is unforgiving, though, you won't be able to taste it until after it is finished baking and cooled.

t. pastry chef
>>
>>9085998
All things to consider, depending on what you'll use and how much you want:
Heat resistant spatula and rubber scraper, slotted spoon, ladle, small paring knife, chef's knife, serrated knife, vegetable peeler, wine key, whisk, mixing bowls, dishes, tupperware for storage, silverware, pastry blender, sheet pans, toaster, microwave, coffee machine, food processor, any type of mixer (hand, stand, immersion blender), toaster oven

I would use 2 skillets, 2 saucepans and a stock pot at least. I like the look of the knife but I'm not any kind of expert. I like to use Santoku knives.
>>
>>9086072
my point is that digital scales cost less than a third of what he paid
>>
>>9086111

Well the more expensive they are, the more accurate they are. If you're making an American-style butter cake, your liquid/fat ingredients should generally be twice the weight of the flour. Going over that can result in an inedible cake. Going significantly under it is going to result in a dry cake. If you get a cheap scale, and it loses it's accuracy after a year, then you just wasted your money.
>>
File: racist_cookbook.png (96KB, 466x805px) Image search: [Google]
racist_cookbook.png
96KB, 466x805px
A popular cookbook says this is what you need.

It's also useful to have a Vitamix or Blendtec, with hearing protection.

Do you need to be spoonfed how to maintain a knife?
>>
Pressure cookers are useful for cooking beans fast. You should still soak them. You should be eating beans. Bean eating is associated with lower incidence of all-cause mortality.
>>
>>9086858
Can also cook grains and some vegetables at the same time I do it in an elevated pot inside so nothing can burn.
>>
Out of every cooking vessel I own this is the one I use the most.
https://www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Tri-Ply-Stainless-Cookware-5-quart/dp/B0084O7KCA/ref=sr_1_13?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1498266363&sr=1-13&keywords=5+qt+dutch+oven

90% of my cooking uses that pot, a chefs knife, giant plastic cutting board, bamboo or silicon spatula, colander, and a half sheet pan for oven cooking.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.