[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>LEAVE WALMART TO ME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: aldi.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
aldi.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>LEAVE WALMART TO ME
>>
File: Screenshot_20170623-072104.png (780KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170623-072104.png
780KB, 1440x2560px
What's the name of that place out west that's apparently killing all local Walmarts... they're owned by their employees or something. Walmart has done an amazing job making sure they don't get press...

>my captcha
>>
File: 1497193899823.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497193899823.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>9084596
>that capcha
>>
>>9084596
WinCo? They compete with costco on bulk grocery. Nowhere near consumer goods of costco or wamart
>>
I worked in Aldi in Denmark while I went to nursing school.
The coworkers was great people and the work put some muscle on me.
But goddamn. The pay was the lowest they were legally allowed to pay me. Literally half of what I made as an ICU nurse later.
And the company, the guys who sat in some office in a different city, they did not give a shit about the employees.
One lady in one of the other stores (we exchanged people between stores to cover sickdays etc.) had tried to call in sick because of diarrhea one day and was told to come in a wear a diaper. Or be fired.
In another store the manager popped open, at own expense, a single bottle of Champagne and measured it out between all the employees, maybe half a glass each, after they had closed on Dec. 31st at like 4 PM. Wanted to show them he appreciated them working on that day I guess.
Every single one of them, manager included, was fired when the bigwigs found out. No alcohol allowed at work after all. And no leniency either I guess.

My contract said 37 hours a week but since were were usually 4-5 employees, total, in one of the busiest Aldis in the country (they ranked us by monthly gross and sent out memos with the rankings so we would compete with other stores) it was usually 50-60 hours a week instead.

I'm not even hating on Aldi. If people don't like it they can educate themselves and find something else. But I make a point of treating the employees nicely when I shop there because I know they are being worked like fucking dogs.

I really liked the frozen lasagna and the produce was usually excellent.
>>
>>9084659
I think Aldi in the US may have actually improved. Its still a grocery store job so obviously you'll make more as a nurse, but Aldi is known as one of the better places to work in retail because they pay well above the other stores with similar jobs since they employ fewer employees with more responsibilities.
>>
>>9084679
I don't know much about Aldi in the US but what little I've gleaned, mostly from /ck/, does support that, yes.
Germany is right next to Denmark so maybe they just kept the stores there on a shorter leash because they could.
>>
>>9084659
none of that would fly under US laws
>>
>>9084761
Strictly speaking, it wouldn't under Danish laws either but we needed the work.

Without consulting a lawyer I'd say Denmark probably has tighter regulation on this stuff than the US. The Unions are definitely more powerful here.
>>
>>9084630
motherfuckers make you bag your own groceries and you can't use credit cards
fuck them
>>
File: adi.png (45KB, 357x186px) Image search: [Google]
adi.png
45KB, 357x186px
The "H" in the logo stands for "Heil"
>>
>>9085377
Get used to packing your own groceries, because Aldi is expanding aggresivly in the US, they want to be pretty big on the US market in 5 years.

Also, South Park will propably make an Aldi episode at one point.
>>
>>9084659
Opposite in America. I live in a town where rent for a whole three bedroom house is like 500 a month and aldi pays $12 an hour starting
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.