[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Foods You Tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 20170622_150816[1].jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20170622_150816[1].jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
Just had pic related for the first time for lunch. I have never heard or seen a "torta" before in my life but after trying it at the taco place across from work I have to honestly say that it's become one of my favorites. It reminds me a lot of a regular burger, but this thing doesn't use the soft squishy hamburger buns it has some weird sorta hard kind of bread instead, which worked out really well because it was just soaking up all the meaty juice and grease.
What new shit have you fools eaten lately?
>>
flyover general
>>
>>9083506
>Big Mac in a tur til ah
>A little too "ethnic" for my upbringing
>>
>>9083506

If they have a chicken milenesa torta on the menu, you need to rock that next.

for flyover that is pronounced
tour-tah mill-en-A-sah day poy-oh
>>
File: pix2pix.png (434KB, 1350x620px) Image search: [Google]
pix2pix.png
434KB, 1350x620px
New Food tried in last month:
Fried Okra
Soup Dumplings
Butter Pecan Cupcakes (at an AA meeting kek)
>>
Had white rice the other day. It was pretty good.
>>
>>9083524
>>9083573
>>9083582
I don't get it
>>
>>9083506
can confirm, that looks pretty much god tier desu.
>>
>>9084147
People from LA try to act like their city being overrun with mexicans is a good thing
>>
>>9084147
how the fuck is a torta new and exotic?
>>
>>9084200
nobody said new and exotic any where in this thread. OP said he tried something new to him. They did not say torta is new in general. Just their first time trying it. Exotic isn't even in the thread except for your post.

>>9083573
It's not in a fucking tortilla you retard it's called bread as in bread. Does it look like a fucking tortilla to you? Does it look like a burger patty?

>some of these people really do have mental deficiencies so you should be nice and respect their problems and not make them upset or they will kill us all in their fit of rage for not babying them
>>
File: Döner.jpg (109KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Döner.jpg
109KB, 1024x683px
>>9083506
>torta

that's a Döner my friend
>>
>>9084321
no its a torta
cant you read?
>>
File: 1297507395515.jpg (958KB, 936x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1297507395515.jpg
958KB, 936x1069px
>>9084321
You will quickly notice, that there are many dishes like this, with very similar ingredients and prepared in a similar way, whose names mostly depends on trivial technicalities and cultural origin.

Getting bogged down in that is a very sad thing to spend your time on.

Go out and enjoy some tasty meaty bits and assorted greenery, rolled up in whatever bread-like foodstuff you like and get down to boogie, boyo.
>>
>>9084321
Is doner the only sandwich euros eat? Everything between bread is a doner to you people. Fucks sake it's a torta, it's full of Latin spices, not turkroach bullshit
>>
>>9083506
Why are you so impressed por una torta? Its not big deal.
>>
>>9083506
damn that looks good, never tried one either.
>>
>>9083506
tortuga my friend tortuga

asking for a tortuga de jamon de pavo and mexicans know what your talking about
>>
>>9084147
Living in a disgusting, overpopulated, polluted city gives people a false sense of superiority when it comes to food and fashion.
>>
>>9083506
>it has some weird sorta hard kind of bread instead, which worked out really well because it was just soaking up all the meaty juice and grease.
bolillo roll is indeed a hard crusted, type of french/sourdough, and the great roll of mexico!

Make sure you try a drenched sandwich if it's on the menu there.

Next stop OP for cultural food exploration? I think you need a stuffed arepa, venezuelan style. Look for that where you live, or get cookin!
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/top-lists/nycs-5-best-spots-for-arepas/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.