[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's so bad about using cream cheese in alfredo sauce?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: images[1].jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
9KB, 300x168px
what's so bad about using cream cheese in alfredo sauce?
>>
File: big.jpg (24KB, 631x471px) Image search: [Google]
big.jpg
24KB, 631x471px
>>
>>9078989
Nothing Tasty.
>>
>>9078989
nothing, probably makes it taste good and thickens without all the fat of heavy cream. Made it the other night with egg yolk half and half and chicken stock with garlic and parm and pepper. It was chef johns recipe and turned out pretty good. Cream cheese would add a more creamy mouthfeel that you get from pure cream.
>>
OP here. Huh. I've heard people bash others for using it, both irl and on here the other day when I made a thread asking for alfredo recipes. One guy said I'd be as bad as Jack if I used cream cheese. Same thing at my restaurant, one guy talked shit about the chef because he used cream cheese in his alfredo

people just be trippin I guess

I made it for the first time yesterday and I used just a little cream cheese. It came out creamy as fuck so I'll probably not use it next time. Taste was on point though
>>
>>9079574
I dont think its wrong to experiment with unorthodox ingredients. You might discover something great. Now if you were setting out to make the most authentic alfredo possible then you would obviously not include cream cheese but sometimes you have to work with what you have on hand to make something that tastes good. Thats part of cooking.
>>
>>9079613
That's pretty much why I went ahead and used it, that and seeing the old chef at my restaurant use it whenever he didn't have heavy cream. I'm all about experimentation and would rather try it than not.

Even someone I told about my first time making it was shocked that I used cream cheese, but she had just never heard of it being used at all. Anyways. I fucking love cream cheese. I ate half of it before I made the sauce and I would've bought more tonight but there was a nigger stocking dairy and I didn't want to interrupt him
>>
>>9079634
My gf eats cream cheese and fritos all the time.
>>
>>9079638
My parents used to use cream cheese and pepper jam with crackers as an appetizer at dinner parties. They'd just put a block of it on a plate, dump enough pepper jam on it to cover it, and put it out next to a plate of crackers. Pretty good actually.
>>
>>9079645
that sounds pretty good to me too.
>>
>>9079638
nice

>>9079645
nice
>>
>>9079645
>not using goat cheese and sweet berry jam as an appetizer
Fucking pleb
>>
>>9079657
only faggots and whiny liberal trash eat goat cheese and berry jam lol like could you possibly get more liberal? come on bro. smhing so hard right now.
>>
>>9079689
>wah wah mommy they said my appetizer wasn't god tier le epig
>I know I'll call them a liberal that'll show them >:)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.