[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ck/ think of sous vide cooking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Sous_Vide_Cooking.jpg (11KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
Sous_Vide_Cooking.jpg
11KB, 220x165px
What does /ck/ think of sous vide cooking?
>>
memes
>>
What does OP think of saving thumbnails?
>>
>>9075842
I want to try but $200 seems too much to drop on a device that I might not use after the novelty wears off.
>>
>>9075858
Kek
>>
>>9075864
http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/04/cook-your-meat-in-a-beer-cooler-the-worlds-best-sous-vide-hack.html
>>
>>9075858
>bothering to open images
>>
What's the ideal temperature to sous vide a 'go 'za?
>>
I wanna stick a live lobster in one just to see what would happen
>>
>>9075950
It would move around until the water got too hot and stuns it, then it would stop moving. Then it would turn red and cook like a regular lobster.

It wouldn't be that interesting.
>>
>>9075842
It's the memeiest!
>>
>>9075842
Top maymay
>>
>>9075921
>220x165

>not noticing photo dimensions
>>
>>9075842
Honestly, if you're a restaurant, yeah definitely. It just makes things easier and more efficient.
But for a home cook? No, they're expensive and there is probably a list of other things you want or need in your kitchen before that. The only way I would recommend it to someone is if they BBQ a lot. You can sous vide Sausages in some beer and just leave it going while you walk away and when its done people can grab what they want. Though again, price is still a factor and you can get a reasonable smoker for around the same.
>>
I use an immersion circulator to cook boiled eggs perfectly every time whether it's soft, medium or hard
Literally the only thing it's good for in a household setting
>>
File: momofukuribs.jpg (477KB, 1000x739px) Image search: [Google]
momofukuribs.jpg
477KB, 1000x739px
>>9079776
The fuck are you smoking? You think $125 device that is like a culinary magic wand is expensive?

Enjoy your instant ramen.
>>
>>9079800
For a Home Kitchen investment? Yeah it is. You think most people will use that enough to justify them buying it?

And yeah its a magic wand, but you realize people don't usually have the time to even cook? Which is why I made the difference between home cooking. I mean fuck me, people will microwave bacon and it is beyond me. Most regular people homes I visit don't even own a fucking stand mixer.

And congratulations on finding a picture on the internet to prove you "know food"
>>
>>9079829
When I got my own place I ended up buying a kitchenaid, vitamix, anova, and an old tilia food saver and they've all paid for themselves in some fashion.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.