[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUMMER ROLL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: sumrol.jpg (149KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
sumrol.jpg
149KB, 807x605px
Who here makes summer rolls?

What do you put in them? Looking to mix it up a bit someday.

Pic related is,

Green-leaf lettuce
The following, marinated in a splash of rice-wine vinegar and a pinch of salt:
>Carrot (usually do match-sticks, but right now I only have access to baby carrots)
>Radish
>Cucumber
An imperial fuck-ton of cilantro, leaves and stems
Rice Vermicelli noodles, mixed with:
>Soy sauce
>a tiny splash of rice-wine vinegar
>red pepper flakes
>a drop of sesame oil
>>
oh yea and sometimes i chop up some peanuts and throw them in
>>
>>9073606
Pardon the question, but what exactly do you use to wrap them vegetables in?
>>
>>9073669
rice paper, comes dried and you soak it for a couple seconds to reconstitute it
>>
no meat? traditional meatless would be fried tofu cut into sticks, some herbs like mint/cilantro/basil, some cucumber, rice noodles, fresh thinly sliced fruit like mango, green papaya or apple, sprouts or lettuce. dipping sauces are usually nuoc mam/fish sauce mixed with lemon/lime juice, garlic, chili, sugar, and vinegar or hoisin sauce heated up to mix with peanut butter and chili/sriracha and topped off with more freshly ground peanuts.
>>
>>9073606
I've tried these at several viet restaurants and really didn't care for the texture. I think it was the rice noodles that mess it up for me. But what you're describing sounds basically like what I had. I love korean mandu and chinese eggrolls and dumplings though.
>>
>>9073719
fuck tradition, I do what I want!

also yes meatless, because meat isn't my favorite thing, especially when it's the traditional cold shrimp.

I've thought about adding fruit, might try that sometime.
>>
>>9073788
They probably overcooked the noodles. When they're overdone they get this really foul, pasty/grainy texture.
>>
>>9073691
Any alternatives to it? Nothing like that are in stores in my country.
>>
>>9073805
not any I can think of. you may be able to order them online, since it's a dried product and should ship easily.
>>
>>9073606
I'd eat it but why not shrimp/cilantro? I mean I just love to load those fuckers up @ home.
>>
>>9073819
it's literally got a 'fuck-ton of cilantro', and cold shrimp is revolting to me. hot shrimp isn't much better
>>
That shit is like eating food stuffed inside a condom
>>
>>9074369
This. The inside usually tastes nice but the limp, wet, flavorless rice paper just kills it for me.
>>
>>9073606
>avocado
>fried shrimp
>lettuce
>cucumber
>spring onions

and for the sauce
>peanut butter
>soy
>tahin
>teriyaki
mixed together it tastes delicious
>>
>>9074369
>>9074377
so insecure desu
>>
>>9073606
Eating shitty sub-par Asian food doesn't make you a culinary explorer.

Sage

If I see one more ramen thread I'm gonna lose it
>>
>>9074942
why so mad senpai
>>
This might be spring rolls
I use
Avocado
Shrimp
Bean sprouts
Mint
Thai Basil
Cilantro
Rice vermicelli
And a green onion sticking out the top
>>
>>9073606
The texture of rice paper was one of the most disgusting things I've ever had in my life. It's like what I imagine chewing on a condom to be like.
>>
File: 1497149136099-trash.jpg (39KB, 598x608px) Image search: [Google]
1497149136099-trash.jpg
39KB, 598x608px
>>9074964
>doesn't like chewing on condoms
>>
>>9073606
I usually will add some pickled daikon and carrots, mint, cilantro, chilled barbecued meat, jalapeño, and bean sprouts. I make a sweet cilantro/tamarindo sauce or a sweet peanut sauce.
>>
>>9074964
hmm

taste more like a rice flavored fruit roll up to me

but its weird how you immediately thought about eating condoms in a food related experience
>>
>>9073606
I make them usually just with whatever I have on hand. Shit like lettuce, cabbage, carrots, peppers, ginger, radish, sometimes rice, whatever.
>>
Looking for advice--kind of just started messing around with them. Self-taught; just experimenting. Looked up some youtube videos; then tried it. Getting the hang of the soaking to rolling process; it has me fucked up right now. Either too tough and rubbery, or falling apart as I roll. Can anyone offer some tips? Some folks say warm water, some say cold, some say 10-20 seconds...let soak on a cloth...what gives?

First experiments were a total failure....let soak to long. Then went the other way and when I bit in, it was like biting through plastic. I don't want to run through 100 of these fuckers; hence my post...experimental filling was raw spinach and zucchini btw...just to get a feel for the process...thanks in advance...
>>
>>9074942
>my autism causes me to enter threads about food that doesn't interest me

>bumped

>If I see one more ramen thread I'm gonna be able to do nothing about it
>>
>>9073829
>doesn't like shrimp
Plebeian.
>>
>>9075707
I use (luke)warm water. I dip everything in once. If the bowl doesn't fit the whole paper I just turn around the edges until everything has touched the water once and pour water to the middle of the paper where it's still dry. You don't have to soak it in the water, just dip and put it on the plate and roll. And shake it off, so that it's not dripping. It might still feel stiff, but there's still water residue on the paper and it will soften as you roll it.
I don't know, I think the wetting is done rather fast, it takes maybe 5 seconds?
>>
>>9073606
>Gỏi cuốn
>>
>>9074964
>>9074377
>>9074369
>I don't know how to prepare X food properly so it's shit
Good going faggots
>>
>>9075707
dip entirely in warm water for a couple seconds (if you have a container big enough for it, I use a frying pan), place it on a cutting board whiles you assemble your insides, and the residual water will finish loosening it up.

>>9076124
>feels superior for eating bugs
>>
I do like them a lot but it takes me a couple hours to make a batch only to end up eating them all in a very short time.
>>
I just went to the Asian market yesterday. Rice paper wasn't even remotely on my radar, but now you gave me the worst craving. I'll definitely have to go back, thanks a lot OP.
>>
>>9073606
>Rice Vermicelli noodles
Those aredefinitely not Rice Vermicelli noodles.
>>
>>9074369
>>9074377
>>9074964
They don't taste or have the same texture as condoms.

Condoms taste like latex and they are much stretchier.

I'll see myself out.
>>
>>9077123
noodle ingredients on packaging:
rice flour, potato starch, salt
>>
>>9074942
>If I see one more ramen thread I'm gonna lose it

You're on /ck/, fucktard. Wait two minutes, there'll be another soon.
>>
>>9074942
Then fuck off lmao
>>
>>9077136
>reddit spacing
>reddit joke
>reddit
Fuck you.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.