[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have one of these for slow cooking in the oven, however as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1494337274.jpg (40KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1494337274.jpg
40KB, 650x650px
I have one of these for slow cooking in the oven, however as the liquid reduces stuff is left on the side of the pot above the waterline which then burns. How am I supposed to prevent this?
>>
>>9071435
fucking stir it once in a while, numbnuts
>>
Superglue the lid on tight
>>
>>9071435
you could wash the sides down periodically while cooking, but really they're supposed to be easy enough to clean
>>
stir it every now and then, but it's fine to just leave it. soak your pot after cooling, then wash with the soft side of a sponge. the enamel might darken, but it won't affect the pot in any way other than aesthetically.

do not under any circumstances scrub with a harsh sponge.
>>
>>9071443
Small physical matter like spices that that get stuck to the sides burn very quickly and then become stuck and cant be stirred down. In fact stirring just typically adds more residue to the sides to burn.

>>9071449
>>9071454
It's not so much the cleaning - that is easy enough. But aesthetically it looks shit when you're serving up food and the sides of the pot are all blackened and burnt.
>>
>>9071435
Jerk off in the pot. The top layer of semen will protect the sides from becoming burned. You can also not be a huge faggot and accept the fact that reducing a liquid will result in residue.
>>
>>9071483
whatever you're making/braising/slow roasting in the dutch oven should be delicious enough that your guests won't care. if they're not idiots, they'll realize that the patina of lovely char means their meal will be that much better.
>>
>>9071435
Use a cartouche OP. This will stop the liquid from reducing so quickly.

https://www.cookipedia.co.uk/recipes_wiki/Cartouche
>>
>>9071483
I just use stainless pots and don't usually have that issue, but if I was I'd use a pastry brush dipped in water to wipe the sides down every now and then. When you say slow cooking, do you mean over night or through the work shift or something like that? Keeping the lid tight would stop evaporation, but stuff will still collect on the side due to convection, so I don't see a solution outside of making sure you can wash it down often enough.
>>
>complaining that a pot gets dirty when you use it

I don't think cooking is for you, op
>>
>>9071483
your stirring wrong. you're supposed to stir frequently enough that shit doesn't burn and scrape the fond off the sides to re-incorporate back in the stew. and you don't spice till it's nearly done anyways! (how do you are you supposed to correct taste when the liquid volume changes over the stewing period?).
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.