[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cookware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: redcopper_10piece_box_1024x768.jpg (132KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
redcopper_10piece_box_1024x768.jpg
132KB, 800x600px
What is the best cookware set to get? Any good ones out there?
>>
Why is making a perfectly smooth durable material so hard?
>>
>>9071013
>What is the best cookware set to get?
Just get the things you will actually need, not sets where you won't use half the shit.
>Any good ones out there?
Not sets unless you get actual high quality sets, and then you're probably getting a bunch of shit you won't use.

Get a couple heavy large saute pans (Teflon), a stock pot, and a couple smaller pots, and a frying pan (also heavy).

The heavier pans have better heat retention and won't warp as easily unless you are quenching it.

>>9071040
Because heating material causes it to expand and cooling it causes it to contract. Not only that, but the materials that are perfectly smooth typically don't expand all that well or retain heat.
>>
you really dont need to spend a lot of money as long as you take care of your stuff and know how to cook.
i cringe when i see my sister cook. shes horrible.
i do have a tfal pan.
>>
>>9071013
>best cookware set to get
Best in what way?

Best value for cheap?

Best quality at a moderate budget?

BEST bar none any budget?

Best for professional kitchen?

Best for high end home chef?

etc
etc
etc
>>
>>9071118
All.
>>
>>9071118
Yep
>>
>>9071013
you only need 3 pans:
-skillet
-sauce pan
-soup pot
>>
File: 1496694598110.jpg (20KB, 468x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496694598110.jpg
20KB, 468x512px
>>
>>9071013
silver cookware with a stainless steel lining
>>
>>9071729
Wrong, stainless steel is like 50x less thermally conductive than silver.

You'd be better off with 95% copper with a pure silver lining. Or if you're made of money and willing to drop $2k+ per piece of cookware just got pure sliver all throughout
>>
>be me
>find nuwave induction cooker at second hand store
>brand fucking new in box, not a scratch on it, likely never used
>$20
>buy it
>bring it home
>plug it in
>comes on
>everything looks good
>go to cook something
>get error message
>well, fuck
>google
>error message is because pan i was trying to use isnt "induction ready"
>I get it now
>thats the reason it was at second hand store
Looking for some pans and pots to use on it, which are best?
>>
>>9071013
Buy a carbon steel wok and use it for everything.
>>
>>9071013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWHLaKPjps
>>
>>9071149
Best value would probably be going to thrift stores or marshalls or khols or some shit and getting 3-5ply stainless from all-clad, viking, etc.

Best for buying new would probably be 3-ply stainless from any number of companies.

Best for a high end home kitchen would be copper with stainless lining.

Best bar none for the uber rich is pure silver or copper with a silver silver lining.

etc
>>
>>9073944
Nice thanks.
>>
>>9071013
no sets.

I just get a two good pans, small and large, two size pots and then a deep frying pan. usually calphaleon or cuisine art
>>
>>9071013
C A S T I R O N

A

S

T

I

R

O

N
>>
>>9073907
Anything made with iron or steel.
>>
>>9072278
>You'd be better off with 95% copper with a pure silver lining. Or if you're made of money and willing to drop $2k+ per piece of cookware just got pure sliver all throughout

Until eating food cooked in it starts making you sick.
>>
>>9075334
Do you just never wash your pans you retard?
>>
>>9075481
Yes, washing the toxic metal will make it not toxic.

Go ahead and scrub that lead, it'll make it safe to eat, too.
>>
>>9075334
You'll never ingest enough through it seeping into your food for it to make a significant impact on your health. In trace amounts silver is harmless, even in larger amounts it wont kill you.

It's also naturally antimicrobial.
>>
File: 1445789189581.jpg (35KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445789189581.jpg
35KB, 340x270px
>>9075576
>Silver
>Lead
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.