[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

got diabetes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 广东肠粉500x375--232416873.jpg (52KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
广东肠粉500x375--232416873.jpg
52KB, 500x375px
what do?

put off seeing a dietian.

came here instead..
age congee this morning.
>>
It's time to end it all.

I suggest death by chocolate.
>>
>>9069939
See the dietitian. We're no better than you at this.
>>
>>9069939
how unhealthy do you have to be to have to see a dietitian? just curious
>>
>>9069983
bout tree fiddy
>>
Stop eating saturated fat
Stop being overweight
Eat more fruits, vegetables, beans
>>
>>9070015
desu I was trying to get in max nutrient so ate more to have more
>>
>>9070015
>beans
?
>>
Maybe try very low calorie diet. But seek advice first as you might die. I hear it can reverse insulin resistance though but having full blown diabetes is probably inescapable now not sure.
>>
>>9069939
>what do?
Lose weight you fat useless fuck.
>>
File: 1488239207998.jpg (53KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488239207998.jpg
53KB, 600x300px
Eat between 100 - 300 grams of fiber a day for at least 3 months.

Also note, I am not a doctor of any kind.
>>
>>9070028
High in protein, fiber and they are filling. not eating beans contributes to getting beetus in the fist place
>>
>>9069939
type 2 diabetes?

how about you lift weights and start running?
>>
>>9069939
Completely stop eating sugar and carbs you fucking turbo nigger.
>>
>>9069939
see a doctor and dietician. you do realize early type 2 diabetes is almost completely reversible if you make the necessary life style changes? would you rather wind up with chronic kidney disease, on a kidney transplant wait list, and chained to a dialysis table for 6 hours a day x 3 times a week just so you don't die until you do manage to get a transplant. not to mention the expensive as all fuck anti-rejection drugs you will have to take for LIFE in order to suppress your immune system to keep it from destroying your transplant, plus all the reduced quality of life associated with that, including increased susceptibility to colds/flus and increased mortality to those conditions? changing your life style WILL mean giving up things you are accustomed to, but really, it's better than fucking dying over something completely preventable.
>>
>>9070649
this guy fucks

do you work in healthcare?
>>
>>9069939
What's this? It looks good.
>>
>>9070658
no, but my dad is on dialysis. shit. fucking. sucks. he's one foot foot injury from winding up a peg leg. not a fun prospect.
>>
>>9070668
ah, i'm sorry to hear it. i work in geriatrics, and dialysis is no fucking joke. if i had a nickle for every bit of lower extremity whittled away in my diabetics, i'd be a very rich man.

i'm sure he's well aware by now, but you need to be a drill sergeant with him about his health up until the very end. my lazy ones tend to have a very bleak prognosis and quality of life.
>>
>>9070683
yup. he has a good support system at the clinic and at home, so he's become adjusted and accustomed to it all. tho i still break out in cold sweats when i see him walk around with flip flops in the summer
>>
>>9069939
Holy fuck I love cheung fun.

I could eat like three plates of the portion in the pic.
>>
>>9069939
>use unsaturated oil instead of butter
I like olive oil the most but I cook a lot of Italian stuff
>substitute sauteed/baked high protein meats and fish for fatty meats
there's a huge amount of good varieties of fish to try with different flavors. I like cod, salmon, tilapia, and flounder the most and all of these choices except salmon aren't too expensive
>exercise however you want in increments
I started doing this with no-equipment floor exercises, lifting dumbbells, and riding my bike. you'll be able to double your exercise period in no time if you really try at it.
>>
OP listen to >>9070015 and google intramyocellular lipids. It's known these days that when you accumulate extra fat in the muscle cells they interfere with insulin signaling mechanisms to regulate blood glucose, i.e insulin resistance which makes the pancreas strain itself to the point that it wears out. Eating a diet of mostly plants high in fiber and low in calories and fat prevents this from occurring and reverses it in all but the most chronic severe cases.
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/diabetes-as-a-disease-of-fat-toxicity/

>>9070683
I watched a documentary on obesity in Samoa where they profiled a diabetic clinic where they treat people's feet that are undergoing necrosis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJs1B-s-Dnk&t=8m15s
>>
Stop eating refined grains and simple carbohydrates
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.