[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much of a problem is tipping, really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7852.jpg (120KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7852.jpg
120KB, 640x400px
A customer really shouldn't be in charge of a person's wage, we are not their employers, after all. But do waiters outside of the USA really live more comfortably without having to rely on tips? As someone clueless on economics, redpill me on tips, /ck/.
>>
>>9069820
You faggot, there are only 3 other threads already involved in a shitfest over this.

Fuck off.
>>
>>9069913
Yeah, what's with the sudden influx of all these tipping posts?
>>
>>9069820
>A customer really shouldn't be in charge of a person's wage,
But we should be charge of judging our service. And that is the foundation of tipping.
>>
>>9069947
No we really don't need to. It's their job. We feel the need to when servers are making way below minimum wage per hour.
>>
>>9069953
You're going to piss off a lot of good servers as they make more than minimum wage.
>>
>>9069940
I have a feeling servers are starting to feel the pinch as more americans are awakening to the fact if you tip, you're contributing to the problem. Most people I've had discussions about it with irl have indicated they are going to stop tipping.
>>
>>9069970
??? The average salary in the USA for a server is around $5.
>>
>>9070077
>*not including tips.
forgot that part didn't ya, bub?
>>
>>9070077
And what's the average take home pay?
>>
>>9070077
The mandatory payment is minimum wage if the remainder is not made up in tips.
Most servers average $12-20/hr.
They just get pissy when you stop giving them shitloads of money for doing nothing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.