[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to make a milkshake? I can never get the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: white-russian-milkshake-1-550.jpg (63KB, 367x550px) Image search: [Google]
white-russian-milkshake-1-550.jpg
63KB, 367x550px
What is the best way to make a milkshake? I can never get the consistency right. Instead of being smooth and creamy they end up kind of watery.
>>
>>9065741
I always fuck it up.
>>
>>9065741
use less milk or put it in the freezer for 5 minutes before you consume it
>>
>>9065770
Putting it in the freezer usually doesn't solve much. What is your ice to ice cream ratio? Or do you just use ice cream?
>>
>>9065741
Use real ice cream instead of store/cheap brands with shit ingredients.

Don't use low fat milk.

You can add some honey or maple syrup to thicken it up a bit.
>>
>>9065741
You need a good blender or milkshake maker. If you're only using a cheap blender the ice cream will usually get stuck, so you have to wait for it to melt a bit or add more milk which makes it thinner than ones you would get from an ice cream shop or restaurant.
>>
>>9065798
>ice to ice cream ratio
this is why your milkshakes suck dude
>>
>>9065741
I have the exact same problem. Only thing I can think of is my blender isn't powerful enough.
>>
>>9065798
Ice? Its a milk slushie at that point fag
>>
>>9065858
What about when i don't have icecream?
>>
>>9065920
Then you aren't making any gawddamn shakes, bitch.
>>
Here's the answer in the form of a song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3iMu8R_zg
>>
Use half and half or even cream.
Use a premium ice cream. One with a high fat content.
>>
>>9065926
What if I replace the ice with frozen fruit? I thought the thing that defined a milkshake was the milk.
>>
Pulse the blender on low setting.

Remember that ice cream needs to be cold to maintain crystallization.

If you are letting the blades just go
Then the friction causes heat, which melts your crystals.

Or just add a thinkener like corn syrup, gelatin, xanathan or guar gum or something starchy.
>>
>>9065741
Hardly put any milk in it. Milkshakes from good places are really 95% icecream if not 100% just melted slightly. Dont be that retard like people in this thread that do half icecream and half milk.
>>
>>9066327
Unless you're adding something else that's thick.

I like to make milkshakes with vanilla ice cream and peanut butter, and if I don't add milk they come out like concrete.
>>
>>9066327
Yeah but they usually have dedicated milkshake machines which work different from cheap blenders
>>
>>9066212
>Or just add a thinkener like corn syrup, gelatin, xanathan or guar gum or something starchy.
>How to fuck up a perfectly fine milkshake.
>>
File: o-1.jpg (86KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
o-1.jpg
86KB, 1000x668px
>Get a milkshake at a restaurant
>It's just shaken milk

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: milkshake-mixer-6.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
milkshake-mixer-6.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>9065854
>I have the exact same problem. Only thing I can think of is my blender isn't powerful enough.

I think what the issue is, is a normal blender transfers too much of the heat to the ice cream. So if you are going to use it you have to be quick. Compare it to an ice cream machine. Heat rises and all that.
>>
>>9067010
That's how milkshakes are in Australia. You gotta ask for a thickshake.
>>
>>9065798
>ice to icecream ratio
WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.