[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Store bought fruit objectively sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Fruits3.jpg (105KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Fruits3.jpg
105KB, 1200x900px
It is 100% of the time some breed that is meant to look nice and be resistant to the environment but it always tastes like water and little else.

I can only say this as a Sicilian who was raised on plentiful varieties of non commercial fruit breeds.

It's so sad that most people will never get the chance to taste good fruit. Even here in Sicily the fruit at the shops is the same commercial crap that you find everywhere else.

I wonder if my father's seed bank has some monetary value. He has been at it for half a century along with his brothers. There's over 40 varieties of fruits. Anything that would grow in our climate has some designated corner on our land.

Sorry, just ranting about how shit store bought fruit is.
>>
>>9064299
Blah blah blah blah I'm so hipster and self made.
>>
File: rsz_20170613_181530.jpg (476KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20170613_181530.jpg
476KB, 1080x1080px
>>9064303
Call it whatever but food do taste better when you grow it yourself.
>>
>>9064299
probably because it's fresher and got more light until picked.
the varieties you plant yourself can be more aromatic too but have worse shelf life so they are not planted for super markets.
>>
File: 20170608_184710.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_184710.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>9064299
It's all about convenience now, not flavor or freshness. People became used to being able to buy summer squash in the middle of winter and although it has the flavor of wet cardboard, they don't care. Most people have never eaten a fresh picked fruit or vegetable so they don't even know they are missing out on something. They just assume fruits and vegetables are supposed to have no flavor.
>>
>>9064299
i dont think that most people dont know the difference/have never tasted it, most countries have at least a handful fruit/veg that are still available seasonaly and most people have some ties to countryside/ parents/grandparents who still had a garden with some veg/berries/nuts/fruittrees.
while i agree that more variety is better, i dont think its the main issue with supermarket stuff. The need for long shelflife,soil/agricultural method and need for perfect appearance are more likely the culprits.
Still you can find great stuff if you care and look hard enough, even in large cities and definitely on the countryside (if you are happy with local produce)
>>
>>9064307
This might come as a shock to you, but some of our parents decided to move away from their rural hometowns and into concrete jungles where the only fresh fruit comes from the neighbor's dying raspberry bush and random mulberry trees.
>>
Thanks for sharing. Keep us updated on your blog autarchicveganhipster.tumblr.com
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.