[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cooking steaks sous vide style (boiling it in water) a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 12SOUS-VIDE1-master768.jpg (97KB, 768x511px) Image search: [Google]
12SOUS-VIDE1-master768.jpg
97KB, 768x511px
Is cooking steaks sous vide style (boiling it in water) a meme?

It looks like the dumbest and faggiest way to cook ever. The grill is much better.
>>
>>9061385
Yes it is gay but it produces good results and there are some interesting things you can do like long term cooking on tough meat without over cooking and infusing flavors faster than a traditional wet marinade.
>>
>>9061393
/thread
>>
>>9061385
It's fine to cook sous vide so long as you finish it on a grill to add the seared crust.
Cooking the whole thing sous vide is just disgusting unless it's, like >>9061393 was saying, a very tough cut and you don't want to make a stew.
>>
>>9061393
>>9061397
>>9061399
>marinade
Steaks don't need a marinade. Just salt and pepper.
>>
>>9061393
>cooking in plastics
you also get really neat effects from the xenoestrogens that will be 'infused' into your steak - like you might grow tits if you're a guy or if you're a girl you might grow bushy bodyhair
>>
>>9061393
first post best post
>>
>>9061407
Are you poor? If you weren't poor then you wouldn't hold the "pure flavor" of beef in such high regard that it would prevent you from attempting different flavorings.
>>
enjoy your BPAs, lol
>>
>>9061432
Only poor faggots with cheap cuts would ruin a good steak with marinade, retard
>>
>>9061479
Not the other guy, but you sound like a poor pleb. Go savor your blue rare USDA choice eye of round.
>>
>>9061479
try the marinated meats a brazilian or argentinian bbq places. and nice gatekeeping - hope you fix the things wrong with your personality so you can live a happier life
>>
>>9061385
Why would one even bother tying the meat when cooking it sous vide? The whole point of tying meat is to help it cook evenly.
>>
How do people manage to sear a steak on a grill and then finish it in the oven or sous vide? Whenever I cook steak, by the time it has enough crust, it's already medium rare inside, even if I cook on the highest heat I can attain and in a cast iron pan
>>
>>9061598
>>9061598
you must be using fairly thin steaks. about three minutes a side should be plenty to put a nice sear on it and leave it around rare
>>
>>9061598
its the other way around famalam
>>
>>9061432
>>9061432
not that guy, but I'm not a big fan of marinades, I do like using dry seasonings though. it probably makes me white trash but I love me some montreal seasoning on my steak
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.