[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who work for tips actually feel this way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 30

File: C9soWnT.jpg (58KB, 640x555px) Image search: [Google]
C9soWnT.jpg
58KB, 640x555px
People who work for tips actually feel this way
>>
>>9061163
*unzips dick*
>>
disgusting, no one made them work this shit job. If they want tips, they should become a stripper
>>
>>9061163
*doesnt leave a tip solely based on that sign*
>>
>>9061163
I respect the message but it doesn't make for a great first impression of the place.
>>
>>9061163
I'm a good tipper usually mostly because I've had the misfortune of working in this shit sector but if I saw something like that I actually wouldn't give one fucking penny.
>>
Uhhhhh you guys do know that tip jars at the front are for greedy managers to make extra tax free income and not for the actual servers/cashiers right?
>>
>>9061209
Those tips are usually split between the waiters and chefs in good restaurants and just given to waiters in the less good ones.
>>
>>9061163

I don't have any problem at all with tipping when it's done right, as a reward for good service.
But if you're under-paying your employees so much that they can't pay their bills and feel the need to put up a sign and aggressively beg for change like a rude homeless person and piss off all your customers, then you might want to rethink some shit.
The most likely thing to happen if a customer ever complained is that the owner would just make them remove the sign, and then the employees would just continue to grow more and more bitter and angry until the service suffers so much that the business fails.
I've worked in the service industry and a lot of the people there, employees and owners both, are just fucking morons who fuck themselves over like this constantly. I've seen too much bullshit to ever be surprised when a business fails because it's always for a really good reason that is almost always easily avoidable.
>>
>>9061163
Yup, this is what happens with industries where tipping is normal: the employer notices and adjusts wages accordingly. People will do the job anyway as long as the totals are worth the trouble, and he knows this. The difference is that now you're suddenly "obligated" as a client.

Tipping is a great example of what happens when people are being too altruistic. You only create dependencies and obligations, but nothing changes for the better.
>>
>>9061271
this is why i ignore homeless niggers and never feed pigeons
>>
>>9061292
I ignore homeless people because I lived with a trainhopper ex-junkie in college who constantly begged in the bar district for booze and anime money. I once got drunk with him and he talked me into going with him to try it out just for fun.
I held my hand out and managed to say "spare an..." before the person gave me a disgusted look and I suddenly remembered I had self-respect and went back home.

I used to think if you could ask someone for change you deserved it, but now I think it means you are fundamentally broken as a human being and there is nothing that is going to help you until you help yourself.
>>
>>9061176
This, desu.
>>
>>9061163
Tipping really just Goes to show how cucked Americans are. If you're tipping at a chain restaurant or a restaurant you probably won't be at again in a very long time, You're doing it wrong. And guess what? Know matter how much jibber jabber you try to tell me about it being ethical you're still being a good little goy and paying somebody's workers for them. The best part is the /pol/tards that browse this board can't even claim it's a white person thing when they're ancestor country's literally laugh at the idea of paying somebody's workers for them. Basically you're a cuck and you should just admit that you're single, a virgin and that you're going to die all alone
>>
>>9061363
ree
>>
>>9061363
How about you learn to write, anon?
>>
>>9061363
>just Goes to show how cucked Americans are.
Look at me! I'm parroting buzz-words! Can I fit in now guyz? Plz?!?
>>
File: 168883_full.jpg (58KB, 1000x995px) Image search: [Google]
168883_full.jpg
58KB, 1000x995px
>mfw people forget that tipping originated as a gratuity for service workers who do an exceptional job or go the extra mile for a customer, and not something that anybody was expected to pay bills with or budget their living around
>>
>>9061540
Nobody forgot, but the way you change that is when the person is hired, not after you ordered and you just need an excuse not to pay for services rendered
>>
>tfw have net worth of 500k.
>American, and never tipped in my life.

Kek it's priceless seeing some bitchy cunt roastie's face look at me angrily as I walk out when I don't tip. Fuck off you most likely have a bf that could buy you crap i shouldn't have to pay for your makeup or crap. Females are entitled cunts.
>>
A barista who works an 8 hour shift will make somewhere between 100 to 200 sales. Any lesser than that and the place is already going under. Lets take the lower end of both the wages and sales. $5.50*8 and $1 tip per order. Works out to $18/hr or around $150 per day if you're working a 12 hr shift. That's how much teachers, entry level engineers, paralegals and a lot of other young people with an actual vocational education make. Why the fuck is someone making a coffee or pulling out a muffin entitled to even half that. You could easily raise prices by 10 to 25c and pay $10/hr to the baristas. This way a customer doesn't need to either pay $1-2 and feel ripped off or look like a miser and pay a dime or quarter. They'll still take home around $12-14/hr because some people are idiots and like to tip everyone.
>>
File: 1493602715605.png (2MB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
1493602715605.png
2MB, 1064x983px
>>9061540
>mfw when people don't realize that tipping originated out of mobsters greasing people as a way to bribe servers for confidentiality and better service

you've got it all backwards famalam
>>
>>9061586
Are you stupid? Assuming everyone leaves a full dollar tip is retarded. most people give a quarter at MOST, if they leave a tip in the jar at all, which they won't do if they pay by card. Tip jars are also split between the entire staff, it doesn't go all to one person. You also extended the shift to 12 hours just because. Where the fuck do you live where everyone is giving a dollar on every order?

I think service staff should just be paid normally but don't jump through hoops thinking these people are already extremely wealthy already. You're being an idiot.
>>
>>9061163

I'll tip my fedora to that.
>>
I almost never visit any services that 'require' tipping, largely because I'm poor and try not to buy junk I can make at home for cheap.

Was dragging ass a few days back, decided to treat myself to a starbuck coffee milk shake. Store was practically empty and I order some random frozen drink off the menu with no special instructions, was $6.

Took them over 10 minutes and they gave me the stink eye the entire time, I assume because I pocketed my change instantly.
>>
>>9061176
This, also if 'gratuity not included' is on the receipt and they circle it/point it out.
>>
I keep forgetting to tip when they take two seconds to get me a black drip :(
>>
If I see that sign, I walk out and go to a better shop, like the cooperatively owned one I like.
>>
>>9061603
That sign is meant to shame people into tipping/tipping more so we're not taking about what happens we're talking about what people feel entitled to.
>Tip jars are also split between the entire staff,
Entire staff? Why do you have more than one person per 100 sales. If you have a bigger staff I'm going to assume you're making more than 100 sales a day.

I extended to 12 hrs as a throwaway statement but based my calculations and my argument off an 8 hr shift at $18/hr. If you're working more than 8 hours you're also entitled to overtime which I didn't include. $18/hr is a retarded amount of money to be giving a barista.

I never implied baristas are extremely wealthy. I just don't think they're entitled to make as much as a young professional.
>>
>>9061545

Agreed, but

>you just need an excuse not to pay for services rendered

The only amount anybody needs to pay for a meal is 0.01 more than what would constitute stealing.
>>
File: 112060275.jpg (525KB, 2136x3000px) Image search: [Google]
112060275.jpg
525KB, 2136x3000px
>>9061592

>before tipping became an excuse to legally pay someone lower than minimum wage, nobody had ever received a tip because of their exceptional customer service. Tipping had originated by that thing I saw in a movie once.

Right.
>>
>>9061363
Americans like tipping because it lets them feel powerful after being abused all week, not realizing they're doing the manager's job for free.

Did you know most get their health insurance through their employer?
>>
File: big_grin_by_rober_raik-d4cw3lk.png (1MB, 7802x6822px) Image search: [Google]
big_grin_by_rober_raik-d4cw3lk.png
1MB, 7802x6822px
>be estadounidense
>travel abroad
>get the best service because they know they'll get a tip out of it
>>
waitresses and waiters do fucking nothing compared to the cooks and dishwashers. if you want to tip someone, tip the fucking cook or dishwasher. the waitresses and waiters do NOT deserve it.
>>
I tip for good service and not because you're asking for it. If you're making me feel obliged to pay you for your service it's not good service.
>>
>>9061163
Aw, jeeze
Those poor, exploited employees

If there there were some form of organization they could form...
Like, to represent their collective grievances and bargain as a whole with their employer...

Something that really represented their industry in unison....

Nah better just shame the customer into giving free gibs
>>
>>9061658

yeah, that's what I'm staying.

do you expect a you read my post award? this is the kind of spoiled shit tipping encourages
>>
>If you don't tip me my employer makes it up to minimum wage
>I want more than minimum wage
>Literally give me money for no reason
Eat shit, cunt
>>
>>9061855
Collective bargaining has been rendered obsolete in the red states with the right passing "open shop" laws, a euphemism for permitting scabs to work alongside union members. Not only that, but the kind of people working in the unskilled food service industry are too easily replaced by extra chromosomals.
>>
>>9061989
Right to Work laws are to stop unions from bullying people into being forced to join them and forcibly having to pay into them.
Unions had their place when working conditions practically guaranteed death. They're nothing but money grubbing assholes now.
>>
>>9061176
3rd
Would probably stop me from going to that place again, too. Although, I doubt I'd be there more than once anyway, based on that fixture and Obama Mints. I mean, I sympathize with normal people getting cheaped out on, but I just find it funny when it's among leftist signaling shit.
>>
>>9061163
$5.15 per hour? Where do I sign up?
>>
>>9061163
a tip is a fucking gratuity. The establishment owners should just increase the price on their food and pay their employees minimum wage.
>>
>>9061984
Is this true? I mean I think it is true but sauce me bro
>>
>>9062241
A lot of better restaurants have already done this. /ck/ just hasn't been notified because this is the NEET board and fine dining is a conspiracy to make me feel dumb
>>
>>9061984
>>9062264

Speaking as someone who is a notoriously HORRIBLE tipper,
Yes, if your income for a pay period is less than minimum wage would have been over the same amount of time, you are technically supposed to ask your employer to make up the difference between your pay and minimum wage.

That said, as much as it is true, some people would say that "bare minimum of minimum wage isn't just either", and they'd probably be right, as well as the fact that the minimum wage is significantly lower than an actual reasonable living wage, which is definitely true, and lastly, I can easily see that kind of legally-true-but-frustrating-to-employers situation either being ignored ("Fuck you, go work somewhere else, what are you going to do about it", which already is practically the default in many retail positions when it comes to legally-guaranteed breaks or lunches) or punished (being fired after demanding to be paid minimum wage in the hopes that your replacement will have less of a backbone than you).

So do away with it entirely, and until they do, I'm gonna continue leaving shitty tips and skirting the system. Let other customers subsidize my meal, I guess.
>>
>Own a jewelers torch.
>Deface a bunch of quarters to uselessness.
>Use those as tip jar tips.
>>
>>9062264
>https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips
>If the employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference. Many states, however, require higher direct wage amounts for tipped employees.

It's federal law.
>>
>>9062447
a lot of things are federal law. like not discriminating on the basis of this and that in the course of hiring people. of course, we all know those laws are never violated.
>>
>>9062454
>letting your employer literally break the law to pay you less and then getting mad at the customers for not giving you tips
You deserve it.
>>
>>9062463
My employer pays me $109k a year, I can afford to pay for services rendered and I don't need to concoct elaborate rationalizations for fucking over people who get paid less than minimum wage.
>>
File: 3fa.png (138KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
3fa.png
138KB, 704x396px
>>9061966

Neck yourself mate, and may the tipping gods be most unforgiving to you.
>>
>>9062478
Why should the customer foot the bill if the employer doesn't pay them minimum wage?
>>
File: 1466032925114.gif (1MB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1466032925114.gif
1MB, 330x330px
>>9062478

Feeling responsible for the circumstances of another person's job because they poured you a fucking coffee is a symptom of mental illness.

You know what every person said before they began a less-than-minimum wage job? "Yes I accept your offer. Thank you very much"

People who bitch and moan about not being paid enough are the lifeblood of a hyper-capitalist society, and I thank each and every one of them for working the shitty jobs that I refuse to that make my life easier, but they aren't getting an extra penny from me for it because I like having money just as much as they do.
>>
>>9061540
except that is wrong as fuck

tipping started when rich fucks had more money then they needed and threw it at lowerclass losers to show how better and smarter(and lucky) they were.

nothing has changed except now they think lowerclass are expected to make up the wage difference for other lowerclass
>>
>>9062669
Because that's how restaurants work if you live in the US. If you aren't from the US then obviously follow the customs in your country
>>9062683
I don't get coffee from coffee shops. I have a more than adequate setup at home, and a more than adequate setup at the office. Much cheaper and much better coffee. Sorry you're too dumb to make good coffee for yourself.
>>
How about in lieu of tipping I just pour myself my own damn coffee?

5.15 can cover a monkey to refill carafes whenever they get empty.
>>
File: 1452979680362.jpg (102KB, 769x820px) Image search: [Google]
1452979680362.jpg
102KB, 769x820px
>work a job that pays 7.25 doing table bussing
>its a buffet so theres lots of chances to go to tables while people eat
>they all tip, probably think im making 2.13 an hour
>>
File: learn it. read it. love it.jpg (54KB, 702x352px) Image search: [Google]
learn it. read it. love it.jpg
54KB, 702x352px
>>9062699

>I don't get coffee from coffee shops. I have a more than adequate setup at home, and a more than adequate setup at the office. Much cheaper and much better coffee. Sorry you're too dumb to make good coffee for yourself.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ

Hey fuckhead, I have a baratza burr grinder, an electric gooseneck kettle, an aeropress, and a coffee roaster that is valued at over $600. I strictly drink single origin coffees and haven't bought a coffee in years.

Think I sound like a pompous douche yet? That's because we're in a thread about tipping, where you saw I used coffee as an EXAMPLE and you decided to take the stage and talk about yourself. Let me simply remind you one more time that this is a thread about tipping, and not coffee, and might I make my post more digestible to someone of your density by telling you that "coffee" in my earlier post can be substituted for anything in YOUR life that YOU may be obligated to tip for. That includes food, beverage, taxi, valet, home repair, etc. Next time, be more imaginative.

Pic related, fuckhead.
>>
>>9061363
the people working for tips should understand the risk they are taking...So should I pay more for my food and person gets no tips? its a way of putting money in the pockets on locals instead of the corporations. But not everyone sees it that way. Some drivers make 15$ an hour with 3-5$ average tips. Pizza places will pay a driver 3$ a house for gas. But this person doesn't get that compensation and that's why they're bitching.
>>
>>9062742
tl;dr
>>
>>9062757

>be me
>work a job that pays me adequately
>don't receive tips because my paycheck is more than enough

Pic related, it's an actual image of myself
>>
It should be illegal to pay employees below minimum wage no matter what job you have. Tipping is supposed to be tipping, just a tiny bit extra on the top, not a vital part of your wage. It should not affect you negatively if you gave amazing service and they customers didn't tip at all.

That said, I still tip because you don't punish individuals for a problem with the system.
>>
>>9062760
Those are singles and maybe two 20's. There's less money in that picture than I have in my pocket when I do laundry.
>>
>>9062859

>I still tip because you don't punish individuals for a problem with the system.

Corporate Exec. 1: Hey Chad, isn't it a bit inhumane to expect people to live on 2.14/hr when tips are not guaranteed?

Corporate Exec. 1: Nah, the customers will pity them and tip more

See how you're part of the problem? The only way you will ever see legislation mandating minimum wage in your lifetime is if you play your part by starving those teat-sucking waiters of their tips.
>>
>>9061163

mmmmm no I don't think so sweetie we deserve a living wage just like you and everyone else. be a big boy and treat us with the respect we deserve. if you can't afford to tip us then you can't afford to have someone else make your coffee/hamburger/coca cola

*AS A REMINDER* since the great recession the socially acceptable MINIMUM tip was increased to 20% so please keep this in mind as we grace you with our service
>>
>>9061163
>Not being waited on
>Not delivery
>Just at counter waiting for my order
>"I deserve a tip"

Explain this please.
>>
>>9061163
Their wages are reduced because of the possibility of tips. Since their bosses get to legally underpay them on the possibility of tips, they're in the right to expect tips.

Tips are just factored into the bill in most euro countries since they're not full of retards with an insane philosophy about how the person who gets them their daily coffee deserves to starve
>>
>>9062859
>It should be illegal to pay employees below minimum wage no matter what job you have.
See
>>9062447
>>
>>9062875
>he assumes that the problem will fix itself if people don't tip

i bet you wanted Trump in office for the sake of the anarchy
>>
File: memeTrumpSaltBae.jpg (146KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
memeTrumpSaltBae.jpg
146KB, 1000x1000px
>>9062892

>he assumes that he has the right to criticize me even though he thinks that tipping solves the problem of giving service workers slave wages

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bud.
>>
>>9062885

Tipping serves as an incentive for service workers to exceed the expectations of the customers.

"I will receive tips no matter what, but how many tips I receive will depend on my service. I may not always get tipped for good service, but my chances of getting tipped are greater if I do"

That is the mindset people in the service industry should have. Anything else is millennial entitlement and spoiled upbringing, or they should simply find another line of work.
>>
>>9061163
I decided to get a real job instead of being a lazy begger.

I also cook my own food 98% of the time to avoid contributing to this leech-like underclass.
>>
>>9062742
chill
>>
>>9061171

Underrated
>>
>>9062886

Most countries, period.
>>
>>9062886

>Since their bosses get to legally underpay them on the possibility of tips, they're in the right to expect tips.

They accepted a job offer, do people not understand how profound that is to this bullshit argument?

If someone walked up to you and said "Hey I'm going to kick you in the shin and I MIGHT give you 5 bucks afterwords, but only if you accept. Do you accept?" "Sure, I accept" "Hey wtf you kicked me in the shin and didn't give me 5 bucks wtf?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

I didn't go to college, and I had to work innumerable shitty jobs to get to one good job, which isn't even that good of a job, it's only good in relation to all my other shitty jobs, but it's good to me, and you know what? I never worked for tips because I knew what a bullshit racket it is for as long as I can remember.
>>
US employers have to make up the difference if their employees don't make enough money for minimum wage
>>
>>9061163
We have this thread every day.

No tip restaurants in the USA with "gratuity" tied into overhead didn't make as much money because of the higher overall cost. Even when the restaurant announced what they were doing and why prices went up people didn't care.

You not leaving a tip isn't going to fucking change anything, it's just going to make someone with little to no power (or joy in their lives) very angry.

If you don't want to leave a tip in USA or want restaurants to change this remarkably stupid practice, don't go out to eat.
>>
>>9061304
>anime money
???

Please elaborate.
>>
Here's the thing you Autists don't understand. Their wage has to come from somewhere. And no matter which way you slice it, its coming from you the customer. Either you tip them whatever you feel like based on service quality, or they get a flat rate and you pay for it with increased prices. Realistically unless you're a very generous tipper, you're not going to be saving money if they switch to flat rate. Average tipper will end up paying about the same at the end of the day. Low tipper will pay more.
>>
>>9061163
This is just a piece of "flash" to establish atomsphere in the establishment.

What this sign really means to say is that you can cut the bullshit here becuase this is how it is.

If you want service you need to tip other wise get your own damn food and drinks.
>>
I work delivery. A lot of places have a moderate delivery fee, or none. Store usually provides some amount of compensation per stop for mileage. Depending on the store some fraction to all of the delivery fee goes to covering this. This does not equal money for the driver. This is the money lost to gas, maintenance, and massively increased depreciation on the vehicle. Quite often its less than the total costs associated with just doing the job, depends on the store. The store also offers a wage usually around $4-$5. This wage is meaningless as it is entirely wiped out by taxes unless you're only claiming like 50% or less of your tips, which isn't always possible (credit tips are claimed no matter what).
Which now leaves the tips as really our only source of income for the job. Now here's the thing, in my area we end up with $20-$30 an hour in tips. Most of use wouldn't work the job for anything less than $15, some more. To get that if you moved to a system without tipping the store would have to charge $5+ delivery fees, or spread it out onto the food. Most people only order a small number of items, 1-3 usually, which ultimately means every item on the menu is going up $2.50.

Delivery is an expensive service for a number of reasons, and you're not going to get it for free. Think about how much it costs to ship packages. Now think about how optimized and efficient UPS is with preplanned routes, and you get the package whenever it suits them, and its often been treated pretty roughly. Now compare that to on demand less than 45 minutes, careful handling, low volume delivery. Its expensive, don't like it, don't order.
>>
>tfw you know a waitress who genuinely hates her boss for undercutting her bill, while not faulting people for not tipping (unless they're jerks who don't even give 5%)

Blame the problem, not the symptom.
>>
File: pepe smug 2.jpg (48KB, 409x476px) Image search: [Google]
pepe smug 2.jpg
48KB, 409x476px
>>9062735
>he's proud of working for minimum wage
>>
>>9061163
What the fuck ever. I worked as a server while in uni, and no one thought this way, plus if anyone had put up a sign like that in any form, they would have been fired. And that goes for all 4 places I worked during that time, one of which was a coffee shop / ice cream parlor.
>>
>>9061585
>mfw I'm worth over 6 times as much as you, and I tip like a boss for good service because I know the value of having employees on your side.
You're just new money trash. I bet you buy all your cars new, too.
>>
>>9061592
That's complete bullshit.
>>
>working as a line cook
>servers walk in kitchen bragging about their tips
>fuck up their orders to keep them in line

felt good
>>
>>9064129
>he posts Reddit frogs on the food and cooking board.
>>
why not up their prices and remove tipping, then pay their waiters a livable wage?
>>
File: Ce-taPaWAAAaeUR.jpg:large.jpg (215KB, 1024x2024px) Image search: [Google]
Ce-taPaWAAAaeUR.jpg:large.jpg
215KB, 1024x2024px
>>9064202
it happens, just not at the kinds of craptastic joints that price-sensitive flyovers go to

people want to believe they're getting a "good deal" and for the most part can't into arithmetic. they would flip their shit if they saw the menu prices go up
>>
>>9061163
Considering baristas are at the forefront of the culture wars, and generally endorse the importation of people who could replace them for $1 an hour less, I say: fuck you. Give me good service and I might tip.
>>
>>9061163
Again and again: You are already getting paid for your job. It you don' t like it, fuck off.

I' m not entitled to anything.
>>
>>9064214
Former barista here, you are correct. I worked at a coffee shop part time in college. I was paid about 50% higher than minimum wage at the time, but I also made $60-120 per shift in cash from tips. untaxed of course. And yes, I do endorse massive unrestricted immigration. Preferably from Mexico and the Middle East in particular. It would do wonders for blighted places like the rust belt, the deep south, and flyover land in general. Places full of lazy, entitled people who want the government to come yell at the local abandoned factory owner until they reopen the factory again so they can have a nice job again hammering nails like in le good old days *tips franchise team sports hat*. Those kinds of people would benefit too, from improved food, and a more dynamic local economy. They might even learn a work ethic while being culturally enriched (which, I think you'll find, is actually a good thing)

At any rate I do tip $1 per drink these days. It's about the only reason I even use cash anymore. I try to put everything on the card, since I enjoy the kickbacks. I suppose you have some convoluted reason why credit cards are bad too, something related to "don't use money you don't have, everything should be gold dust and barter", that about right?
>>
has Americans minimum wage increased since 99? i was listening to an old rap song thats crapping on about $5.15 veing too low from 1999
>>
>>9064230
Yes, but it varies by state/county/city as well. Federal is $7.25 an hour, but some places have higher minimum wage.
Motherfuckers in Seattle are getting $15 an hour to get your order wrong.
>>
>>9064249
in places where its around $7.25 how livable is it? i ask because even when i was earning $13 in Australia it could barely pay me through uni and i was living frugal
>>
>>9061247
It isn't the employers job to provide a living for the employee.

If someone wants a living then find a higher paying job or work two jobs. If my fatass self can work two jobs then so can you. Stop being an entitled bitch
>>
>>9061163
I honestly felt bad accepting tips as a pizza boy. All I do is drive the pizza to your door, why is a tip required at all?
>>
>>9064265
If you you're subletting a single room in a large house, and have access to a kitchen, it's livable. Not enough to actually save anything meaningful, but you can basically pay your bills, afford a reasonably healthy diet assuming you put in the time to cook, and even enjoy a bottle of wine every couple of weeks or a trip to a museum.

You're definitely not getting a nice 1 bedroom apartment in a nice area on that kind of wage, let alone paying for tuition without taking on loans. God forbid you have any medical catastrophes. You'd be fucked.
>>
>>9061163
I do this thing were I only tip 1/4 times but I tip a lot
It's great because you actually get treated nicely for giving these people free money like you should
>>
>>9064275
You are tipped because we were already willing to pay more for our pizza, and it makes us feel good to pass it on to someone we assume will appreciate it.

I like to tip, but I won't lie. Its mostly to make me feel good about myself. And if my server/driver did a good job, I'd like to believe that this encourages them to keep doing a good job.
>>
>>9062359
>I get minimum wage but I don't like it
Not my problem
>>
>>9064276
doesnt America have public healthcare now though?
>>
>>9061163
Want a living wage? Get a minimum wage law in place.
>>
I find it both hillarious and tragic that grossly underpaid people would rather get angry at customers for not offering a gratuity, than getting angry at shitlord employers who deliberately underpay them for maximum profitssss for themselves.

Bullshit like this is why unions exist.
>>
File: image:3087.jpg (94KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
image:3087.jpg
94KB, 544x400px
>>9062742
First off fuck you.
Second welcome to 4chan. Shit tends to get derailed here.
>>
i only tip my pizza boys because they arrive fast.
i've dated a waitress and man she would shit talk any customer who wouldn't tip her. stopped them after that.
>>
>4chan would rather suck corporate dick constantly than have any sympathy for fellow man

protip: if service workers got a living wage and it was reflected in their prices you would be paying more every time. You not tipping isn't going to fix the system.

If you're not from the US you don't have to.

>>9063625
>>9064046
These.
>>
>>9064265
You can not live on that wage in Massachusetts. The cost of living is astronomical.
>>
>>9064147

There was an article when this picture circulated where the shop owner publicly apologized and "took appropriate action" to handle the sign maker.
>>
>>9064629
Literally no reason to tip
>>
>>9064629
Living wages are around $15/hr right? That's still less than what most servers pull with tips. So no, food wouldn't be more expensive.
>>
File: 1490658058728.jpg (19KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1490658058728.jpg
19KB, 251x241px
>Make more than minimum wage
>Don't even work in food service industry
>Work oil & gas
>Pretend to be retard
>Reach in tip jar and take tips in front of numale type
>Deny it
>Done more than a dozen times
>Nobody says anything
>mfw I make more in tips than them
>>
>>9064712
>oil and gas
>acts like a total boor
Typical
>>
>>9064631
Good thing Massachusetts' minimum wage is $11 then.
>>
>>9064202
Because tipping benefits both the waiters and the costumers
First of all they don't make below minimum wage in fact they make considerably more
Secondit really is an easy job and not as time consuming as they want you to believe
And third on the costumers part you would be taking away the right to not tip when service is shit
So why would you take away the opportunity for people to shit on other people
Be the greedy waitress that wants you to think she would be eating catfood if it wasn't for her 20% or the asshole that spends a lot of money and tips nothing (it pisses them off because they really try their best to earn that bug tip by giving you the service they should be giving you all the time)
>>
File: 1469672161349.gif (397KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1469672161349.gif
397KB, 245x138px
>>9064725
>Uses words like boor
>Still relies on charity to get by
>>
>>9064815
>charity
What do you think that word means, and why do you think it applies to the tech industry?
>>
>>9061163
speaking of tipping. how does this video make you feel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrcR7GaDfE4
>>
>>9064704
Living wages aren't fucking 15/hr retards who can't spend money right with entitlement issues think they need to make 15/hr.
>>
>>9061540
No it didn't Think of why the USA is the only place in the fucking world that tips. You know what is uniquely American? Prohibition (the way the US did it).

Tipping came to be when prohibition came in and people couldn't pay their servers anymore. So they got customers to pay the servers. Then this expanded to illegitimate business and they started making money hand over fist. When prohibition ended the tradition stayed and here we are, a hundred years later.

Yet another way retarded christians fucked up a continent
>>
>>9064870

Top kek. That guy is alpha as actual shit.

You can tell the waitress is on the wrong side of the tipping "ideology" by the way she reacts. She's clearly made the grave mistake of relying on those tips to support herself, so the prospect of not being tipped completely leveled her.

Besides, this video brings up an excellent point. All tipping accomplishes is that the person who brings you your food is disingenuously nice to you and has no real factor in the quality of the food or the atmosphere of the establishment, which I think matter much more than the waiter.
>>
File: 1470948485369.jpg (297KB, 480x621px) Image search: [Google]
1470948485369.jpg
297KB, 480x621px
>>9061163
Tipcucks are the biggest whiners in the restaurant muh bad tip muh bad tip muh 0 check! You made more then me and I cooked the damn food.
>>
>>9064202
Come to Canada where we have the worst of both worlds. Recently in Alberta there is no difference in minimum wage anymore and they are rtying to get rid of tipping. So the restaurants upped their prices to "compensate" but still leave mandatory gratuities and shit. It's so fucking FULL retard it makes me infuriated enough to bomb places. The worst part is people aren't even aware. So you have servers making like as much as doctors because people think it's like it is in the states.

40$ for an entree+tip. Top fucking kek. I haven't been out to eat since this shit hit the fan. I can't even talk to people about this in the industry because they get so fucking offended when I tell them not to tip. It's not about logic anymore.

At my restaurant you have fucking waiters rolling up in benzes and bmws while the kitchen staff share a graffiti covered van to work. FUCK this shit I'm going to blow this place the fuck up
>>
File: 1463273739796.jpg (30KB, 353x424px) Image search: [Google]
1463273739796.jpg
30KB, 353x424px
>>9064893
>>
>>9064272
>>9064272
Yea tell'em tubs. Most goodlooking chicks that work in food service would make better money stripping/whoring. Another 0 skill job they could do
>>
>>9061163
Sorry americucks
>>
File: 1491784128229.jpg (148KB, 1560x520px) Image search: [Google]
1491784128229.jpg
148KB, 1560x520px
>>9064927

Hey, just to let you know what we get the low prices of American food and on top of that tipping is an OPTION. Over in Obsessedistan you pay over-inflated prices for your food and convince yourself it's because you don't have to tip. Enjoy your highway robbery.
>>
>>9064957
enjoy your pasteurized cheese lel
>>
>>9064904
>waiters rolling up in benzes and bmws while the kitchen staff share a graffiti covered van
I agree it's terrible that you work with cagers but surely the solution is just to ban the vile murderous cage, rather than singling out the food service sector?
>>
>>9064957
Actually most other countries don't pay over-inflated prices for food, AND restaurants actually pay their fucking employees, not that you've ever seen other parts of the world.
>>
>>9061209
Dear Eurospawn,

Just because you see it on the US version of Kitchen Nightmares doesn't mean all restaurants do it.
>>
>>9064957
I've been to USA and they charge just as much or more for restaurant food as any European country.
>>
>>9064272
>It isn't the employers job to provide a living for the employee.

So what, you expect people to work for nothing? If you leave to go find a higher paying job, it doesn't matter, technically your employer is ALWAYS providing your living because, holy shit, they're paying you to keep your lifestyle.

This is the most retarded fucking sentence I've heard in a long time.
>>
>>9064962

Enjoy your muslim infestation lel
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 986x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 986x500px
>>9064999
can you imagine being so gripped with fear of people who have the wrong supernatural beliefs that you're willing to eat garbage food to avoid being around them?
>>
>>9063375
If you need a job you need a job.
>>
>>9065007

Can you imagine being so gripped with fear of people who have the wrong supernatural beliefs that you're willing to live amongst people who want the rivers to run red with your blood?
>>
>>9065007
You just literally described the vast majority of people in my state.
>>
>>9064650
They don't do this, though.

I've worked for mom and pop places and for corporate. Because, fuck you, any job is better than no job. But after years of summer jobs and terrible fucking people, I can promise that waiting tables is the biggest scam in the USA. Not for you customer shits, for the wait staff. And I'm gonna also tell you why this is the biggest fucking bullshit article ever.

Buckle up, cunts, this is a long one.

They WILL NOT pay you the difference, and if you demand that they do the process is fucking unbelievable. It's similar to filling out paperwork for a fucking loan. It's not based on daily income, it's based on monthly income. So if you're not making proper tips, you'll have to keep working there for at least a month if you even want to start the process (assuming you don't leave to go get another job). But even then, it's next to impossible.

See, there's this little thing called 'declaring tips', which is done for tax purposes. Most systems usually log in credit card-based tips, but the cash ones are where it gets tricky. And it's also the easiest way for employers to bypass the "law". Not every place will do this, but a LOT of them will: They just say you're lying about your tips. Even if a manager comes out to watch you count and declare, they will say that you were hiding money, that you were basically dishonest. I've known people who work 50 hours a week have trouble with the fucking IRS because the restaurant was doing so poorly and they were trying to be paid minimum wage.

On the other hand, and there are fucking two hands to this thing, let's say you have a few good nights in a row. You're busy as fuck, you have 100 people come in at once, and you make pretty good cash-in-pocket. This can happen, it's happened to me on multiple occasions. But then when you go to declare tips honestly, you'll find that something is wrong.
>>
>work at a restaurant when I was 14
>minimum wage dishwasher
>go home covered in spit and burns and weird skin tears what happen when your skin is so wet it just falls apart when you poke your finger with a fork
>while I'm vacuuming the restaurant and doing the last of the kitchen cleaning waitress cunts are sitting on their fat asses counting their tips and bitching about how they didn't get enough
>they literally just bring food to a table and act pleasant to people
Waitstaff are scum, the worst people in any given restaurant and if I could take money from them instead of tipping them I would.
>>
>>9065041
how horrible. why not move?
>>
>>9065050
Continuing.

Most places pay you every two weeks, at least in my part of the USA. So a night where you make $15 and a night where you make $150... If they don't line up correctly with each pay period (which is something you can't control), you could end up getting fucked.

They take out of your paycheck. They dip their fingers into the two bucks they pay you because of taxes. That's all they'll tell you, it's because of taxes. And you will still get taxed on the money you declared. And if you go to the labor union in your state and you ask if this is legal, they'll tell you it is. It is legal to take the pittance you pay your workers if they have one good night of making a hundred bucks. May I remind you that the employers don't tip you, the customers do. So, the employers are taking money that other people pay the wait staff.

The last place I worked for that did this rhymed with the words, Smack Her, Darrell. Think I made... $300-$400, in that two week pay period? They took my entire paycheck and then when April rolled around they took some of my tips. Would have been better off not clocking in. Of course, Smack Her, Darrell is possibly the worst place you can wait tables for. I quit three days later. Have been cooking since, will not waitress again.

Being expected to tip isn't something that should be scapegoated to being the customer's fault. Really, you guys aren't that important in all of this. The laws need to be changed in the USA where employers must pay their wait staff the minimum wage and tipping should be ALWAYS optional.

Instead we have IRS drama if we want employers to pay us fairly, and we're punished for the cash we earn if we're honest about what we make.

But yeah, anyone who believes the image on >>9064650
is a fucking idiot. Or maybe they just don't know shit about the bullshit going on in the service industry, I dunno.

There's a lot more wrong with this industry than just that, though, especially for the workers.
>>
>>9064815
enjoy getting blackballed for calling your foreman a faggot
>>
>>9064984
Wow its almost like different countries have different economies
>>
File: 1489366728138.png (869KB, 986x797px) Image search: [Google]
1489366728138.png
869KB, 986x797px
>>9065104
>Implying a faggot would get in to a machine shop
>Implying we don't have Hillary For Prison t-shirt nailed to the break room
>Implying oil & gas is not the best industry to be in right now
>>
>>9061163
Your problems are your own.
Don't like it? Get another job!
If you can't find another job get some actual skills or move to a town with better job prospects.
>>
>Check arrives with pre-computed tips of 15%, 18%, and 20%
>Numbers seem off, realize the tips are actually 18%, 21%, and 23% on the post-tax bill
I left my two cents as a tip and won't patronize that restaurant again.
>>
File: chrome_2017-06-18_12-50-58.png (25KB, 626x440px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-18_12-50-58.png
25KB, 626x440px
>>9065129
>oil and gas is the best industry
maybe if you're blue collar and need to supplant your meth addiction, for everybody else though...........................
>>
>>9065228
it's oxycodone, get with the times
>>
I like people, I think they should have plenty of money. I usually tip 10-30% depending on service and meal cost.
But a tip is money that I want to give you. You're a waiter, not a homeless guy begging for change. If you ask for it, you don't get shit.
>>
>>9065251
>oxycodone
You are like a baby. We have moved on to fentanyl and carfentanil.
>>
>>9061585
Youre a scumbag. Just for this im voting for higher taxes on the rich
>>
>>9061713
Ive worked both BOH is much less stressful having to kiss peoples ass all day as a waiter is fucking terrible
>>
>>9062742
>against tipping but calls others douchebags
Lol.
>>
>>9063101
Not everyone can work in an office, fuckface. Theres always going to be people in the food industry
>>
File: 1481165201848.gif (329KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1481165201848.gif
329KB, 256x256px
>>9061163

It's illegal to pay your employees under minimum wage. If their tips don't total up over that then the establishment has to make up the difference in their paycheck. This sign is bullshit
>>
>>9065093
We'll guess what, just because your employers are assholes doesn't mean it's the customers' responsibility to pay your wages with tips. Due to the shitshow you just described in full, the only logical course of action is abolish tipping entirely.
>>
>>9061375
>>9061380
Don't be mad cause you got btfo :^)
>>
>>9065481
>implying that will ever
>ever
>happen when bribery is a thing
Not him but I don't even need to vote against you, just sit here and laugh at you
>>
File: what_year_is_it.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
what_year_is_it.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
>>9061163

>$5.15 per hour
>>
>>9064962
>Enjoy your bacteria-free and safe to eat cheese
'Kay. Also, only the milk is pasteurized so I don't see your problem.
>>
>>9065093
>a night where you make $15 and a night where you make $150
so it rounds to at least miniumum wage per month?
why whine about it?
>>
>>9061176
This
>>
File: 1496387210961.jpg (33KB, 380x377px) Image search: [Google]
1496387210961.jpg
33KB, 380x377px
>>9061171
>>9063119
>>9061366
Found the Redditors
>>
>>9061163
>tipping is banned
>5 million people lose any disposible income
>5 million people immediately go on welfare
>economy suffers
>taxes go up because 5 million more people need welfare to make ends meet
>all this bullshit because some elliot rodger lite autists get fucking triggered over nothing
>>
>>9061163
If I saw that sign on the counter I think I'd just turn around and leave
>>
>>9061163
That sign looks fake af desu.
>>
>>9066089
>>5 million people lose any disposible income
nice try
>>
>>9061176
This.
>>
>>9061163
This is why I carry fake money with gospel printed on the back.
>>
>>9066089
>Remove welfare
>>
>>9061163
>finish SIPPing my coffee loudly and make sure I get the most flakey ass pastry possible
>get up and get ready to leave and barista stops me to bitch that I didnt leave a tip
>do a 540 and look her square in the eyes
>tip my fedora and the lever on my pistol and ghost her on the spot
>teleport behind her and catch her as she's falling, gracefully lowering her to the floor while i utter "psssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... nothing personnel......."
>stroll out backwards on my wheelies while the ghostbusters theme plays
>>
>>9061163
I guess that waiter doesn't know that if they don't make enough tips to meet minimum wage that their employer has to give them enough extra money to make up for that.
>>
>>9066617
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. A good combination of wittyness and malicious intent. Good use of /ck/ approved memes and wasn't too predictable so it kept me on the edge of my bolted down lawn chair. 7.3/10 would upvote if possible.
>>
>>9064331
This. I do not tip lazy fuckers who don't follow the instructions on how to deliver my shit. i.e. "I'll be in the street in my car" (I live in the top floor of my building fuck that shit).
>>
>>9066640
lol fuck that, anon.
Much better to keep up with this bizarre symbiosis wherein the employer can skirt labor laws while the waitstaff skirts tax laws.

You don't think the staff would want to accurately report their tipping income, do you?
>>
>>9065516
That's what I'm trying to tell you.

It's NOT your fault you dumb animal, it's the fault of the industry. They've been getting away with it for fucking decades and it needs to be changed. The 'asshole that doesn't tip' is a scapegoat that all major chains use.

Unless you can get everyone in America to stop tipping for over a month, this shit isn't going to get fixed by taking away that cash. It's going to get changed by the workers saying 'fuck this shit im out'. Which is probably never going to happen.
>>
>it's a "/ck/ is too autistic to conform to cultural norms in place for over a cenfury" thread

That said I probably would stop going to that place. Tipping is one thing, being entitled about getting tipped is another.
>>
>americans stop tipping
>restaurants forced to compensate workers full wage
>your 30 dollar meal now costs 45 dollars

Th-thanks guys.
>>
>>9064013
Not OP, but I assume he means money for anime related material, like DVD'S, figurines, etc.
>>
>>9061163
People who think they have worked a day in their lives, but has really been coddled their entire lives including the job where daddy works, feel this way.

also, if you dont tip and eat anywhere consistently expect jizz in the food.
>>
>>9064229
funny
I only use cash at bars
1 dollar drinks on thursdays
take out a 20
3 dollar cover
7 drinks tipping 1 dollar each tip
pretty fun time.
>>
>>9062007
This. Every construction job I've worked, it's always the Union workers who are the laziest and complain the most.
>>
>>9061204
Nah, I'd give exactly one penny. To say, no, I didn't forget, this is intentional.
>>
>>9061592
>>9061540
Bullshit. Tipping started with royalty kicking some cash down to the peasants for services, as they had ZERO income in the feudal system.
>>
>>9062007
While unions have mostly become fatcat-isms, Right to Work laws use them as a red herring to the real reason for these laws, and that's to keep workers from having ANY power to negotiate. There's a reason they are referred to as "Right To Fire" laws.
>>
>>9069210
Well jokes on them, I'm in a union and we have no power, but I am obligated to keep paying dues.

t. cuck
>>
>>9066980
Who would buy DVDs back then? Why wouldn't he download the DVDs from torrents and drank the money away?
>>
>>9069257
Depends on when exactly we're talking about. There was a long time during which DVDs were for sale but it was very impractical to download them (took took long, etc.)

It was common for people to re-encode and share at a lower resolution, but who the fuck wants to do that instead of watching it at full res?
>>
>>9066901
Just because you're too stupid to fight for your rights or get a better job doesn't mean that I have to tip because of "sympathy for my fellow man". If I get good service, then I'll tip accordingly. Consumers have no obligation to pay employees extra tips because they chose to work in a shitty establishment.
>>
>>9061163
Why don't they just raise the prices and pay them normal wages?
>>
>>9064351
Gorilla care really made it a lot worse.
A few of my buddies got their hours cut at work because If you work 40 hours your business has to provide health care. Ok now they have insurance companies that will insure you for 40 dollars a month, But don't really cover jack shit. So you figure fuck it if i get medical treatment ill just pay for it. Tax time comes around, you get fined for not having insurance. Meanwhile LawQueefa and her six kids from different fathers. Do not pay a single bill. From housing to food to medical. The working class was screwed to promote the breeding of of lazy people.
>>
>Threatening the customers as the first thing
Always a good sign
>>
>>9061163
>tipping coffee faggots

Nope.
>>
>>9069585
You're skimming through shit and not reading any of my posts, I guarantee it.
>>
>>9069723
The restaurant owners don't want to pay them and are afraid to raise prices which might scare if customers.

Tipping has ruined the restaurant industry by artificially lowering the price of the food they serve.
>>
>>9069737
Go back to /pol/ and stop shitting all over my board. Millions of people get health insurance, go fuck yourself, taxes are what we buy civilization with.
>>
If you're morally against tipping then you should have no problem telling your server at the beginning of the meal that you're not going to tip them because you don't believe in the concept

If you don't have the balls to do it then you're just taking advantage of an unspoken social contract to cheap out on a meal and that makes you an asshole
>>
>>9070034
>afraid to raise prices which might scare if customers
Aren't costumers basically forced to tip?
>>
>>9069737
LMAO, under orange emperor care when you or a relative have a preexisting condition, even so much as an undiagnosed nosebleed on record, and your or their rates will be a minimum of 500% higher. God forbid if you're healthy now, get sick and the renewal period comes up and your rate will increase 1000%. You're a fool, who buys into Fox News and the far right corporate agenda.

Richest country in the world ranks 37th in healthcare, 2 positions above Cuba, and can't fucking provide healthcare.

>mfw the 55+ year old Trump base gets sick and can't afford healthcare under his program.
>>
>>9070291
I don't have to tell wagie anything I don't want to. He/she is my bitch while I'm there and he/she should have went to school
>>
>>9070267
>Millions of people get health insurance
And tens of millions have to work two jobs now because neither will provide full-time work.
Forced healthcare law is a fucking travesty.
>>
>>9066979
>And then Restaurant A decides to keep food prices the same
>And then all people go to eat at Restaurant A
Such is Capitalism
>>
>>9070458
>rankings done by leftist shills are fair and impartial and reflect upon reality instead of what they deem to be important
You're fucking stupid.
sage because I'm stupid enough to add to the derail
>>
>>9061163
Both of the drive thru espresso places by me have these kind of signs too. People like to shit on starbucks, but I never see them do this shit.
>>
>>9070458

It's almost like you want weak people to continue to flood the gene pool.

You know how you solve the healthcare crisis? Darwinism.
>>
>>9070458
>Expecting an insurance company to not account for your risk factors when setting their price.
If the cost is too much for you and your preexisting conditions, you go and find some more healthy m8's who are willing to sign up with you.
>>
>>9070801
>>9070876
>I hate my parents and relatives so when they get sick and can't afford healthcare, fuck'em
>on the brightside, have as many babbys as possible if you're white to make sure we expand purity and you're taken care of in old age.

Kekles and kockles, toppling.
>>
>>9065093
Why not just say cracker barrel?
>>
>>9061176
This
I know it's petty
>>
>pull out a stack of bills and start counting out a tip
>pretend to just notice the sign
>read it in that really obvious way
>sigh loudly, put my money away, and walk out
>>
>>9061540
This. If you do an above average job I'll actually tip, maybe 10%. If you go the extra mile maybe 15 or 20%

If you just do you're job or do it with no passion you get no tip. It's just the way it goes.
>>
File: 1370446377291.gif (2MB, 450x236px) Image search: [Google]
1370446377291.gif
2MB, 450x236px
>>9061163
>THANKS A LATTE!
>>
>>9061163
Well sorry that your employer is a cunt
>>
>>9072328
Or that your coffee stand employs à litteral zerg rush of barely payed employees while 2 would be more than enough
>>
>>9064150
Being so much of a cuck to buy a used car
>>
>>9064229
Keep your disgusting opinion on pol before you get raped by a migrant making a response
>>
>>9061163
I tip where it is customary to do so, but that sign just makes them look like a cunt.
>>
>>9064229
>Someone makes a snarky post
>Take the time to write an essay smugly correcting them while also fellating yourself for being NWO
>>
>>9066597
I need to start doing this for if an entitled roastie is waiting my table.
I usually try to tip well if it's a genuinely nice/friendly person (to waitcucks: we can tell), but if it's one of those subhumans who actually remind you to tip or circle the gratuity on the check, that would be great for putting them in line.
>>
I'm torn on tipping. It brings out my inner /r9k/ but I'm eternally pissed that attractive girls can rack up huge amounts of tips even though they often do shit jobs, while guys can make next to nothing. It's a dumb easy job (don't let them tell you otherwise, my good friend was a waiter and it's nothing more than walking back and forth and refining drinks).
On the other hand, I hate letting manager Shekelberg take advantage of young people just trying to make some money. The anon was right, its next to impossible to actually make them compensate you if you make less than minimum.
Then finally the lolbertarian in me says fuck em, a trained ape could easily do their job and they're lucky to be even making minimum wage. Do real work and you can make 10+ an hour easy with zero experience, even in a shitty area.
>>
>>9064351
Nah, we have a disastrous meme that's all the inefficiency of socialized with the extreme expense of private, all because Obama just had to put his name on some "legacy" no matter how useless it was.
>>
>>9070458
>falling for right wing death squad tier fearmongering about muh preexisting conditions
Explain what's logical about a healthy person being forced to pay extremely high new premiums becaue poor people who smoke, abuse drugs, and drink 2-liters of Coke with every meal "deserve" their coverage.
>>
>>9072432
I have no idea why so many lolberterians shit on people that work for tips. I mean, its a way that somebody without a 4 uear degree or somwbody just starting off on their own can have some desposible income and not have to live paycheck to paycheck or get GOVERNMENT assistance. Is it just the Lemming effect? Cause it really looks like it
>>
>>9064650
Jaywalking amd smoking weed is also illegal, but nobody would every do any of those things! :(
>>
>>9061163
Unless you're serving me food at my table, you don't get a fucking tip.

Take it up with your boss or take it to a worker's committee if you feel that way
>>
>>9072445
>fearmongering about preexisting conditions

Hardly. That's what happened before and was stopped by Obamacare, but that regulation has been removed in the trumpcare proposal. Under Drumpfcare a perfectly healthy individual with no risk factors becomes sick and next renewal cycle the insurance company will slap him in the high risk group with an 800% increase. It happened before and it will happen under Drumpfcare. Odds are it may not be relevant to you because you're in your 20's but it will affect your parents or relatives.
>>
>>9068286
Hah
>>
>>9061163
Give me ONE good reason to tip.

If I don't tip and they don't make enough tips, they'll earn minimum wage anyway, so why should I care? Also, why should I make myself poorer to help someone else?
>>
>>9072781
>Give me ONE good reason to tip.

It costs everybody involved (including the customer) less money due to the way taxes work in the USA.

>> Also, why should I make myself poorer to help someone else?
They why eat out at all? Doing it yourself is much cheaper.
>>
>>9072786
>It costs everybody involved (including the customer) less money due to the way taxes work in the USA.
Citation needed

>They why eat out at all?
Because I don't know their recipes.
>>
>>9064229
t. someone who's never interacted with an illegal immigrant
>>
>>9072781
it makes the workers like you, so you will get preferential treatment next time you go back.

i understand that social things can be difficult to understand when you have autism, so just let me know if you need me to repeat myself
>>
>>9072789
>Citation needed
I don't know if I can give you a citation, but I can certainly explain it.

In the US there are deductions from your paycheck for various Federal taxes: Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security, etc. What most employees don't realize is that this is only half of the taxes that get paid. The employer pays an equal amount. So let's suppose you earn $1000 in pay. Suppose that 20% of that goes to Federal taxes, so your take-home pay (after tax) is $800. But what you aren't seeing is that your employer also pays an equal $200 straight to the Federal government too. So your $800 take-home actually cost $1200 in total.

If an employee makes tips then that money goes straight in their pocket. You are supposed to declare it as income when you do your tax return, but many people don't. If we asssume that the employee is law-abiding and DOES report their income correctly then they pay the same 20% as above, but the other 20% that normally would have been paid by the employer never gets paid.

So, to summarize:
Via wages, 40% of the money disappears in taxes.
Via tipping, only 20% does.
Thus, tipping puts more money in the employee's pocket for the same expenditure from the customer. If the employee was to be paid the same via normal wages then the cost goes up by the employer's half of taxes. (~20% in this example).

>>Because I don't know their recipes.
That's what google is for.
>>
>>9072506
>proofschicken.jpg
>>
>>9064229
>And yes, I do endorse massive unrestricted immigration. Preferably from Mexico and the Middle East in particular.
*turns on the gas*
>>
>>9062742
>home repair
Time out - worked as an electrician's apprentice for a time (8 months to be exact). Could count on one hand the number of times we were tipped. It is not expected of you in that field.
>>
File: got bling.jpg (84KB, 471x682px) Image search: [Google]
got bling.jpg
84KB, 471x682px
>>9071081

>implying wanting health care for my relatives would be indicative of my love for them

Fuck out of here with that shit. Everybody dies, some sooner than others, and any illness or condition is a financial strain on our society.

Some people reject the notion that because we're a "progressive" society that we have to carry the weak on our backs. Fuck them, and if I fall ill too, then fuck me too.
>>
>>9062359
I leave shitty tips, too. When did 20% become an entitlement? I'll leave 10% unless it's at a bar where I'll just give them my change. Nothing wrong with 10%, I made 10$ an hour starting out as a public sector attorney
>>
I just don't get it. There are laws that mandate an employer cover the difference if tips don't cover minimum wage. People know that they can make a fuckload of money under the table in tips, and that's exactly why they take these jobs. Why would I feel any empathy?
>>
File: X_.jpg (146KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
X_.jpg
146KB, 960x720px
Baristas have been rendered obsolete anyways.
>>
>>9074331
Can't wait for these annoying wage cucks to cease to exist already.
>wah I'm poor
>wah I'm hungry
>wah I live in a tent wah
Suck it up buttercup
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.