[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Care and feeding of invalids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tonsillectomy_thumb.jpg (394KB, 732x549px) Image search: [Google]
tonsillectomy_thumb.jpg
394KB, 732x549px
'sup. I've an urgent need for cheap, bland food that than be frozen and reheated quickly and easily. I've a friend who had her tonsils out a few days ago, but family high drama has happened so she has to ask friends to help her for a ways until that shit's been cleaned up.

I'm skint, she's skint, and I'm not all that good as a cook either. What I need are cheap, bland recipes with no pointy or rough bits to scrape at the wounds in her throat, and that are reasonably easy to keep down. Also no dairy.

Two things I've already made:

Chicken, vegetable, and glass noodle soup. Three chicken stock cubes, two cloves of garlic, a red onion very finely diced, four chicken breasts roasted and shredded, a ton of carrots, squash, zucchini, and some celery I found in the bottom of the fridge crying softly because it was all alone, with vermicelli noodles to pad it out. It stayed down, but did need to have a bit of water added to lighten it.

I also made zucchini slice, eggs, onion, grape seed oil, flour as a thickener, a couple rashers of bacon and some cheese. Also very bland, but came right back up because of the dairy thing.

I can't stay at her place and since it's a forty minute one way trip plus tolls commuting isn't an option, so I need something that can be portioned out and nuked when it's needed. Any ideas?
>>
>>9060847
Apple sauce
Ice pops
Oatmeal
Casseroles
Pureed soups
Mashed potatoes
>>
>>9060847
What in the ever loving fuck did he mean by this?
>>
>>9060847
Pretty much any rice dish will do, rice probably won't hurt her throat and it lasts for a while.
>>
>>9060847
>tonsils out a few days ago
Should be on the mend now.

Buy sherbet/fruit sorbet, frozen popsicles, Jello with soft fruit like Dole in the 4pk, apple sauce in a large container, maybe with some other fruit like strawberry in there, frozen bean burritos, frozen mac n cheese, or the kind shelf stable now comes in a 4pk, bananas, various soups in the can or packets (which are even more pureed), with some crackers or croutons to put on the top to get soft, or loaf of soft bread to tear into it.
Jug of V8 smoothie, has soy protein and can be make into an instant shake, as can "instant breakfast" packets. Slim Fast has fiber.
6pack of fizzy soda of their preference, or LaCroix
You wanna do a from scratch delivery of a little care package?
make a pitcher of gazpacho, very pureed, use V8 as the base (vichyssoise works too)
make a big fruit filled jello mold with a lid
batch of rice or tapioca pudding, or chocolate, get a can of spray whipped cream for serving either
bunch of bananas of varying ripeness
Box of nature valley cakelike bars to have fiber and oatmeal without much work, or get instant oatmeal variety pack
honeybear, and a variety pack of asst herb tea
soft cheese danish or maybe some ham spread in soft hawaiian rolls.
>>
>>9060847
>I've an urgent need for cheap, bland food that than be frozen and reheated quickly and easily.

Soup, canned.

Even cheaper, soup home made. Take equal amounts of onions and taters, boil them with enough water to cover and no more, when cooked you blend that with a stick blender. Then you add your veggies to it, chopped cabbage or chopped greens whatever you like and its done. You don't want veg in it? I got you familias, instead of just onions and taters, add carrots as well, then blend it, and you got carrot soup.

And for fucks sake add fucking salt don't be a cunt.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.