[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Implying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1496889660671.png (243KB, 1200x928px) Image search: [Google]
1496889660671.png
243KB, 1200x928px
Hi /ck/

So I'm having people over tonight, I'm gonna try to make spaghetti and either cheese sticks or bread sticks. I was wondering. what are your favorite recipes/tips for making Italian food. Any advice on how i should make mine? Also is pouring the pasta water into the sauce a meme?

Let's discuss
INB4 wa la
>>
>>9060497
only pour pasta water into sauce if you're finishing in a saute pan before serving (what a line cook would do).. garlic and basil are your main flavors
>>
Nah
>>
>>9060497
My best advice is don't experiment on guests. They don't want to be your guinea pigs.

I think for a large crowd, lasagna is the way to go. Is for the most part fool-proof, can be prepared in advance and chilled (just needs to be wrapped in foil and baked in the oven and then briefly unwrapped to brown the cheese), easy to cut into squares of different portion sizes, people don't feel barbaric trying to wrap noodles around a fork and get it into their mouth without making a mess, and I could go on and on.

Spaghetti sucks.
>>
>>9060497
OP I agree with >>9061143

Make a nice lasagna, ricotta cheese is super easy to make, tomato sauce is easy, and a flavorful meat filling is just a matter of browning ground pork, beef, and veal with some seasoning and aromatics.

Top with sauce and mozz then bake. Easy as all hell and you can focus on being a good host and not whether the pasta is exactly right.
>>
I've been thinking of a way to do make spaghetti as a treat for my family for father's day. I'm mostly going for a savory-sweet flavor mix here, so mind critiquing my recipe?

how does this sound?

>make a sauce base with 2 lbs of tomatoes peeled
>throw in 2 large carrots, peeled & finely diced (cuts down on acidity & increases sweetness)
>add in sauteed onion (1 whole), garlic (5 cloves), & yellow bell pepper (1 whole) (i'll try caramelizing the garlic & onion)
>season with salt & pepper (1/2 tsp each) & oregano & parsley (2 tbsp each)
let this sit for 90 minutes or longer, stirring occasionally

>basic pasta made with 2 cups of flour, 1/2 tsp salt, & 3 lg eggs
>make this the day b4 in a pasta maker
>put all on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment & each tossed with cornmeal
>the day of, i'll boil about 2-3 minutes each before putting in the next step (I won't throw out the water)

now for the final step before combining, making the meatballs
>1 lb ground beef, 1/2 white onion (chopped), 1 clove of garlic (chopped), 2 tbsp parsley (minced), 1 lg egg, 1/2 tsp salt & pepper, & 1/2 cup bread crumbs in a bowl to combine
>divide into 8 balls, flattening each
>cut 1/2 lb of mozzarellla into 8 1" cubes
>add each cube to a meatball b4 rolling it back up
>fry the meatballs for 3-5 minutes in olive oil, putting them away for a bit b4 combining

now to combine everything
>add 1-1 1/2 ladles of sauce to tall frying pan
>stir in fresh cooked pasta
>add a couple of tbsp of pasta water to help the sauce mix with pasta
>add in a bit of extra virgin olive oil to make sauce creamier
>simmer it all on high, adding in more pasta water only if it doesn't get a nice texture
>stir constantly until proper texture is reached
>add in meatballs & then grate cheese over it all, then stirring more
>add a bit more pasta water to make it a bit less thick, stirring constantly to keep it moving
>after all done, transfer to a warm plate, garnishing with parsley & more fresh-grated cheese
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.