[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this rotten?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170616_183816.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170616_183816.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm new to avocados, just bought my first one yesterday to try in a salad. I used half, and put the other half in a ziploc bag to store in the fridge. Less than 24 hours later in greeted with pic related. Is it rotten? If so, how do I store it properly?
>>
>>9058507
rotten? no. getting close to past usable though. store it with the core to prevent oxidization.
>>
>>9058507
Keep the half with the Stone in next time, og just Eat both.
>>
>>9058507
Next time you store unused avocado, lightly coat it with lime or lemon juice. Citric acid prevents it from oxidizing.
>>
Looks fresh to me
>>
Nice thanks for the help guys
>>
File: 1430006031424.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1430006031424.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>9058507
That's not what a fresh avocado is supposed to look like. Toss it. Just because something doesn't get you sick doesn't mean it still can't taste like ass.
>>
>>9058507
i have never seen an avocado so decayed and foul.
it is a certainty that you will get aids, botulism, and meningitis if you consume that unholy horror
>>
File: 1454540757797.gif (808KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1454540757797.gif
808KB, 207x207px
>>9058673
If I already have all three should I be good?
>>
>>9058507
No, it's fine. That's just surface oxidation.

You can still eat the browned parts perfectly safely, and there won't be much difference in taste. If you really don't want it, you can cut off the top millimeter or two of avocado flesh and it should be light green and fresh-looking inside.
>>
>>9058507
Toss it.
>>
>>9058507
be sure to put some lime / lemon juice on the exposed flesh to make it keep longer :)
>>
>>9058507
OP, I have an avocado tree and been eating these guys for all my life.

I'm going to say you need to use the whole fruit whenever you can and the second day after refrigeration is only going to be okay if 1) you kept the pit in there and rubbed it with lime 2) or sealed up the exposed side with full contact of plastic wrap (works for guac too). This is all provided it wasn't over ripened or damaged before or when you cut it. That fruit is very bruised and has veins of spoilage and bruising. This does happen sometimes in a single fruit, like a bruise at the bottom which you can cut out and toss. If had to make that one work, I would maybe be able to save a midsection there where the fruit is intact and whole. If you can tucked that avocado air tight into a wrap, it would still be mushy and kind of inferior but would be avocado flavor!

I know they're expensive, but I would probably toss something that is only worth $1 when in doubt.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.