[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leftovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: downloadd.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
downloadd.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
The other day i had some leftover chicken and decided to cut it in small peaces, add tomato juice, hot ketchup, some sour cream and sprinkled on some curry and pepper.
I had buckshot shit after it but it was delicious, better than a roasted chicken fresh out of the oven. Had a cold beer or two with it.
I dont know if its some poointhelooland recipe, it might have been, it probably was, it must have been, but i just improvised it and it turned out excellent.
I really like yesterday food since you get to experiment with it, kind of like when you get home really late and piss drunk and you just need a bite to eat.
Do any of you have any suggestions, recipes or experiences with meat that sat for a day, or something else that was left over?
>>
>>9056994
>peaces
>yesterday food
>>
>>9056994
Why do leftovers always taste so much worse than the meal they came from? I usually end up just tossing them rather than trying to power through it and finish them. And why are rice dishes seemingly immune to this? Everything else comes out soggy and bland from being reheated but rice.
>>
>>9057044
i like soggy rice
i like to put soggy rice in my mouth
>>
>>9057044
I don't like leftovers either. I mostly eat single-serving stir fries that way I can have something fresh to eat at every meal. Chop up all the meat and vegetables in advance, and keep them raw in the fridge. My rice cooker keeps rice warm for up to 12 hours, so all I've got to do is heat up oil in a wok and get my containers out of the fridge. Toss in a bit of this and that, and a meal is done in 5-8 minutes.
>>
>>9057066
own a wok suck a cock
there is absolutely nothing wrong with a teflon frying pan
its not pretentious at all and it washes quite easily
>>
>>9057044
Repurpose them you tool.

Leftover chicken? Chicken soup or chicken dumplings. Leftover mashed potatoes? Mix it with egg, breadcrumbs, and green onions, and fry patties into delicious latkes. Pizza reheated in a cast iron is better than when you get it originally.

The world is your cloyster!
>>
>>9057091
i wish there was a way to take all the food that will be thrown out but is still edible and somehow grind it all into powder of some sorts
I remember my first teenage party when we got really hungry and i had the bright idea to light up the fire backyard and get the outdoor hang pot in which we dumped every possible thing imaginable, made it into a soup where the beer is base then started throwing in everything out of the blender, pizza, chips, pork scratches, bacon, cheese, salt, spices that smell nice...
>>
>>9057091
>Pizza reheated in a cast iron is better than when you get it originally
Gotta disagree with you there, no method of reheating can compete with just eating cold pizza.
>>
>>9057170
did he mean the cake making cast iron baker thing
>>
>>9057119
>and somehow grind it all into powder of some sorts

There is. Dehydrate it until it is brittle. Then pulverize it in a blender. You'll need a good quality blender, not some cheap piece of wal-mart rubbish. If the food isn't brittle enough to pulverize then that's easily fixed by adding some dry ice to the blender. The low temperature makes the food brittle so it will turn to powder, and the dry ice will disappear afterwards without leaving any moisture behind.
>>
>>9057170
Cold pizza is awful.

>>9057193
I think he meant a normal cast iron skillet. Though any thick and heavy piece of metal or stone would work. A baking stone, cast iron griddle, hell--even a large ceramic floor tile.
>>
>>9057203
and just dump the food dust into warm water and there you have it
I could make millions selling it to the army or other armies as well
>>
>>9057215
No army would ever buy that because of morale issues. They actually go through a lot of effort to make the food taste as good as possible because pissed off and depressed soldiers are shitty soldiers. Also, if the food sucks then the soldiers won't eat very much of it. And a poorly fed soldier can't perform well.
>>
>>9057254
i hate soldiers
>>
>>9057260
Hello meme from 2004
>>
>>9057210
>Cold pizza is awful.
how can you say that? how about reheated then?
>>
>>9057260
I pitty American soldiers. Most of them sign up to defend their homeland or fight terrorism, but they mostly get used to protect rich men's oil fields.
>>
>>9057266
they are all acting like children
Then they demand respect for them not being able to do anything else in their lives but to go be a mercenary for sacred eeyyzreeyelle. And more than half the time they just end up in a base jacking off for months and act like they went trough hell and back (while nobody pressured them into it)
None of them are honest and will never say it openly, YES i like the money and i want more of it.
Shove that septermber fly up your ass
>>
>>9057279
>Most of them sign up to defend their homeland or fight terrorism
They sign up because they want a lot of money but arent qualified for anything else. That is the harsh truth no american wants to hear.
>>
>>9057278
>how can you say that?
Well, the cold temperature means that you can't really smell many of the spices, which results in a bland flavor. Plus the cheese takes on this horrible rubbery texture.

Reheated is much better, especially if it's done in an oven or in a pan so the crust is crisp rather than soggy.
>>
>>9057300
the cold mushrooms make most problems
or maybe it means that i personally dont like mushrooms but i tolerate hot ones
>>
>>9057287
Well, and you get to potentially shoot people.

And be A MAN AMONG MEN
>>
>>9057530
And not just any old people, they get to shoot BROWN PEOPLE.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.