[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coconut oil 'as unhealthy as beef fat and butter'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 23

File: coconut oil.png (559KB, 830x727px) Image search: [Google]
coconut oil.png
559KB, 830x727px
I feel betrayed, /ck/.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-40300145
>>
still a great lube
>>
Butter is healthy tho
>>
t. American dairy farmers
>>
>>9056953
Someone tricked hipster cucks into eating basically lard and now they're shocked that it's bad for you.
>>
>unhealthy because its calorie dense

Shoo shoo BBC tabloids
>>
COCONUT OIL AS UNHEALTHY AS BUTTER!

(but you should still keep eating it because in moderation it's part of a healthy and balanced diet)

>>9056984
I stopped reading BBC a while ago because I got tired of the clickbait and misleading headlines
>>
>>9056984
Its still valuable to tell people that they shouldnt except weight loss because they started using coconut oil. Some people have blatantly false beliefs about health.
>>
>>9056955
This is what I mostly use it for, I don't like to cook with it.
>>
File: fat fucks go to hell.jpg (69KB, 641x481px) Image search: [Google]
fat fucks go to hell.jpg
69KB, 641x481px
>>9056955
I also use it as lube
>i'm a grill btw
but I've been cooking with it because for years it's been put out their as a "healthy" oil; a fuckin doctor told me i could eat as much as I want and there were no risks. Fuck I put it in tea, steamed rice, smoothies, I eat tablespoons of it plain sometimes because I'm underweight.

Now I'll know where my heart attack comes from.
>>
Well duh. Olive oil is the healthiest oil and it's neutral.
>>
> implying beef fat and butter are unhealthy
>>
>>9056953
>its bad because it has calories

stop reading bbc
>>
>>9056955
I don't want my dick to smell like coconuts.

>>9056962
>fat isn't fat

>>9057010
This.
>>
>>9057068
>neutral
I disagree, rapeseed oil is much more neutral in flavor.
>>
>>9057174
I meant health neutral, of course the taste isn't neutral.
>>
>>9057163
>doesn't want dick to smell of coconuts

What? Why on earth not?
>>
>>9056955
I love using coconut oil for multiple non cooking applications. Coconut oil makes a great body lotion, hair oiler, and of course lubricant.

It seems a little overrated to me for cooking uses except maybe baking. But I think I would rather use butter for baking anyway.
>>
>>9057163
Dude, bitches love coconut flavored stuff. If you whip out your coco-cock in the bedroom you're getting a blowy for sure.

>>9057207
I rub it on sunburns, makes them heal faster and peel less.
>>
>>9057196
Because I am white, not a Hindu.
>>
>>9057163
better than smelling like piss, shit, fish etc
>>
>>9057224
Do you not wash yourself?
Do you use coconut oil as a substitute for showering?
>>
>>9056953
>Coconut oil 'as unhealthy as beef fat and butter'

So not unhealthy at all, then.
>>
>>9057224
>fish
feminine penis detected
>>
>>9057068
>Well duh. Olive oil is the healthiest oil and it's neutral.
no oil is healthy. avoid eating oil in general.
>>
>>9057236
How's your cholesterol?
>>
>>9057329
What a fag.
>>
>>9056955
indeed
>>
>>9057306
>>9057329
Look at this guy over here.
>>
>>9056953
My ex used to rub coconut oil into her hair
>>
i'm a type 2 diabetic. my heart disease and stroke risk is 3000% higher than the rest of the population.

can pop dietitians stop memeing for once in their goddamn lives and give me a straight answer on whether it's alright to eat butter and coconut oil?!
>>
>>9057306
the 2000s called they want their fallacious beliefs back
>>
>>9057370
>memeing
You're going to die by stupidity not diabettes related conditions.
Ha Ha!
>>
>>9057109
>>its bad because it has calories
the article says nothing about calories. try reading it next time.
>>
>>9057370
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAwgdX5VxGc
>>
>>9057370
just dont eat tonnes of it you dumb fuck
>>
>>9056953
Lard is actually healthier.

I still fry in vegetable oil, because it's liquid at room temperature.
>>
>>9057068
Bullets are healthier than knives
>>
>>9056953

This has been suspected for a long time because coconut oil is high in the same types of saturated fats that red meat is high in - oleic acid, myristic acid and palmitic acid... coconut oil being high in palmitic, myristic, and lauric.

In fact the root of palmitic acid has its origins in cocnut trees which are part of the PALM family.

The world healthy organization (WHO) said in 2003 that these types of fats were on the same evidentiary level of being linked to cardio vascular disease as transfats, which were banned in most countries a couple years later.

The reason that red meats weren't banned as well is because of cultural reasons, and the reason that WHO stated for not placing coconut oil in the same evidentiary category was the reliance of many third world and tropical nations on coconut oil for a significant source of daily caloric intake with no available other options. They were afraid it would lead to some people starving themselves, which would of course be worse than slowly killing yourself by eating coconut oil.

As always, moderation is key and a variety of foods provides the best basis for nutrients and healthy calorie consumption.

This isn't really news, but it is nice to see scientists taking a firmer stand on coconut oils. This stance should have been taken by developed nations with many food choices a long time ago.
>>
>>9056953
Zomg guys saturated fat is bad for you guys

Is this 1999?
>>
>>9057163

processed coconut oil doesn't smell like coconuts. distinct oily smell, I'm not a fan of it myself, but it's so functional and useful I get over it and just try not to get it all over the place
>>
>>9057633
plus it's edible, obviously. great for the bedroom.
>>
>>9056953
>Coconut oil 'as unhealthy as beef fat and butter
So it's fine and good for you in moderation like you're meant to eat everything then?
>>
>>9057633
>I'm not a fan of it myself, but it's so functional and useful I get over it
You want to explain what makes it more functional or useful than butter you hipster fuck.
>>
>>9057719
he's talking about its use as lube, you twat. or do you keep a stick of butter next to your bed?
>>
>>9057675
Moderation is not a word Americans are familiar with.
>>
>>9056955
I never cook with it for have it for that reason.

Whenever I encounter it in my life, now, I just associate it with sex.
>>
>>9057675
Exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>9057053
How much do you weigh,?
>>
>>9057163
>I don't want my dick to smell like coconuts.

This is why you don't have a gf
>>
https://food52.com/blog/19770-is-coconut-oil-as-good-for-you-as-everyone-says-hype-vs-hard-facts

tl;dr nothing you don't already know
>>
File: fat profiles.png (56KB, 819x395px) Image search: [Google]
fat profiles.png
56KB, 819x395px
>>9056953
I'll save you a lot of heartache

Shame that anyone ever told y'all that it was healthy, and a shame you never bothered to ask why it was so. It's ~13 times worse than Canola oil, and a bit worse than butter.
>>
File: IMG_5432.png (8KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5432.png
8KB, 384x384px
>as unhealthy as butter
news outlets still trying to push the fat is bad for you meme. sponsored by the high fructose corn syrup industry goym
>>
Literally everything vegan hipsters endorse is bad for your health.
>>
File: 1409893551155.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1409893551155.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>9058163
Be glad for your anonymity, because you look very dumb right now. They're not saying fat is bad for you, they're saying saturated fats are bad for you, which they actually factually are. Try eating a stick of butter or six eggs a day while living the sedentary life led by most of your compatriots, and see how your lipid panel turns out.
What's more, this "saturated fat fans vs simple carbohydrates fans" is a false dichotomy and you've really got to stop thinking in such simple and cartoonish ways. Nobody but you is dumb enough to jump to the defense of a molecule, and nobody ever said you had to eat either of those things.
>>
>>9056953
I thought everyone used it for the high smoke point. Not because it was better for you.
>>
>>9058189
>everyone is a couch potato like me
Not that guy but shut your pie hole
>>
>>9058198
Please tell me where I said that
>>
File: hmmm.png (91KB, 351x291px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
91KB, 351x291px
>>
>>9058189
>fat is bad for you when you eat more than normal and don't exercise
sounds like it's the overeating and not exercising part that's bad
>>
>>9058236
Given a person who eats that way and has heart issues, when they eat a comparable amount of polyunsaturated fats instead, their health improves by a magnitude similar to those that take drugs to treat their heart problems. Sat fats are worse for you than every type of fat but trans fats.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26068959
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2016-07-06-study-finds-link-between-saturated-fats-and-early-death/
Exercise helps, and saturated fats harm. Simple as that. You can outweigh one with the other, but choosing to eat saturated fats over healthier options will push you towards poor health.
Also, when talking about how the masses should eat, you should assume that people aren't going to exercise, especially in America. Everyone knows that exercise is healthy, but it's normal to elect to not do it, so we should frame our conversation around those that don't exercise. If you assume everyone exercises, then you dampen the importance of this conversation by a lot.
>>
>>9058268
Most people just eat too much in general though, which could be the problem. If 3 out of 4 people are overweight, you need to see if getting to a healthy weight takes care of most of those problems.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

>ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too

>His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.

>The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.

>Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent
>>
>>9058268
Or maybe, people should temper their statements with context instead of saying FAT BAD! CRABBOHYDRATES GOOD! like a late night POTUS tweet

If people can memorize the names of the characters on "orange is the new black" then surely they can be expected to remember more than simple two-word statements about macronutrients
>>
>>9056955
If you're a femanon enjoy your yeast infection
>>
>>9058314
>>9058317
I agree passionately with all of this, and I'm familiar with the "trash food Physics professor" study. But still, the thread's about the sat fats in coconut oil being unhealthy, and butter being unhealthy, which they are. That doesn't preclude simple carbohydrates from bein unhealthy too.
>Or maybe, people should temper their statements with context instead of saying FAT BAD! CRABBOHYDRATES GOOD! like a late night POTUS tweet
I've never seen this, though I've seen the opposite pretty often what with the prominence of the keto diet, and how folks get offended when I say saturated fats are unhealthy.
>>
>>9058357
They're not unhealthy just because it's easier to consume too much. If you want to go with that thinking then we should all have nothing but water and cabbage because it's really hard to overdo those foods.
>>
I use coconut oil because it helps my gut problems.

3 tablespoons a day and once I've emptied my jar I'm gonna stop.

Am I going to be alright /ck/?

It legitimately helps me though, let's me flush out yeast and other bacteria that give me trouble.
>>
>>9057370
Butter and coco oil is fine if you use it only for cooking and not topping (like on toast or baked potato) and if you don't go full retard and Paula Dean that shit.
>t. first person in family to not have diabeetus as an adult.
>>
>>9058357
I lost forty pounds over a 5 month period following s Keto inspired diet. I didn't avoid carbs to a drastic number but I kept it within a 100 gram level.

I'm not smart enough to grasp the concept of Ketosis, what I can say is I found it easier to stay within 1800 Calories/day when having a omelette for breakfast then say oatmeal.

Fats are insanely filling. I and most fatties can eat a whole bag of chips no problem, but sticking with cheese and meat not so much surprisingly.

Obviously the best diet is one full of nutritious food that puts all those vitamins and antioxidants in your body. But I tried many times and I just didn't find myself shedding pounds while on such diets. Fat and Protein while avoiding processed foods made me go down from XXXL to XL.

Ultimately I think Paleo makes the most sense. It focuses on the best foods and avoids the high glycemic index items.
>>
>>9058403
You're reaching. I don't think I've said anything in my last two posts about eating in excess, and if I have, please point it out to me. I've only said that saturated fat is, drop for drop, more detrimental to your health than polyunsaturated fat.
>>
>>9058162
can't be too bad for exercising, given the saturated fat content.
>>
>>9058455
But my point is about consuming in excess. Consuming anything in excess is going to cause problems. Consuming too much water will make you sick, so it's not surprising that consuming too much saturated fat makes you sick in a different way. When the majority of people are consuming too much and overweight, you can't really just say it's unhealthy and should be avoided entirely.
>>
>>9058497
>When the majority of people are consuming too much and overweight, you can't really just say it's unhealthy
nobody's saying it should be avoided entirely either, but you certainly can say it's unhealthy, because overconsumption is accounted for by these studies. Replacing saturated with polyunsaturated fats makes you demonstrably healthier (no talk of eating in excess here, or weight, only normal intake and cardiovascular health), and there is a defined biochemical mechanism by which we can see that saturated fats contribute to hypertension. Those two things make it factually so that saturated fats are unhealthy compared to other fats. You're exaggerating one way to say that I say they should be avoided entirely, and exaggerating another way to say that they're only unhealthy because of how people overeat. Both are not true.
>>
>>9058531
The first study you linked says people lost weight after reducing their saturated fat intake, meaning they were consuming too much food. They also, in some cases, provided the entire diet to people in the study. So obviously taking someone who is overweight and consuming 3000 calories from a diet that includes saturated fat, to a 2000 calorie diet with no saturated fat will become healthier. Is it just because of a reduction in saturated fat? I don't think so.
>>
>>9058559
Also I don't see anything that says they accounted for excess food consumption, being overweight, or if that maintaining the same diet while keeping saturated fat but in smaller amounts resulted in the same benefits.
>>
File: me_irl7.png (302KB, 579x600px) Image search: [Google]
me_irl7.png
302KB, 579x600px
>>9056953
I don't eat it though.
>>9056955
Fucker beat me to it.
>>
>>9058559
>>9058566
>Subgrouping suggested that the reduction in cardiovascular events was seen in studies that primarily replaced saturated fat calories with polyunsaturated fat...
note the "primarily"
>and there were suggestions of greater protection with greater saturated fat reduction or greater increase in polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats
I took this to mean that most people didn't significantly change caloric intake, and the health improvements were mainly from replacement of satfats.
I took the fact that it uses data from RCTs as reason to think they had average intake, which I guess you could say is excessive. Depends on your outlook really.
Either way, this shows that those that consume saturated fats in excess are less healthy than those that consume unsaturated fats in the same degree of excess.
>>
>tfw eat the fuck out of beef fat
>tfw use the fuck out of butter in cooking
>tfw also use coconut oil
>tfw 140 lbs, borderline underweight if not flat out underweight for my height

my arteries must look like a fucking warzone
I'm gonna die guys
>>
>>9058613
It's hard for me to believe what you say through that study because it plainly says people lost weight by reducing saturated fat intake. They lost weight by reducing the number of calories, which will make people healthier. It could be true that overconsuming saturated fat is worse than unsaturated, but then that could also mean consuming both in moderation is perfectly fine and that the problem is being overweight. And if that's the case, then it's more important to get people to stop eating so much than to switch to unsaturated fat because if they're still overweight they'll still have health problems.
>>
>>9058637
Obeisty is definitely the worst for you, but the study overtly states that the results are mainly based on saturated fats compared to other calorie sources. There are tons of other studies that say this too. Yes it's more important to lose weight, but nobody but you is talking about that here. Consuming saturated fat is worse for your cardiovascular system than consuming unsaturated fats, full stop.
>>
>>9058678
>Consuming saturated fat is worse for your cardiovascular system than consuming unsaturated fats
Where specifically are you reading that?
>>
>>9056953
Shitty generalization from an outdated agency. There are several types of HDL and LDL cholesterols and good saturated fats increase the 'fluffy' LDL particle amount which is potentially helpful compared to the smaller, denser particles that contribute to atherosclerosis
>>
>>9058741
You got HDL and LDL mixed up
>>
>>9058750
nah, LDL comes in a few different forms, it can either be large and saturated with cholesterol, large and mostly depleted of cholesterol aside from triglycerides, small and saturated or small and depleted. the small particles are the ones that cause an issue in the end.
>>
>>9058741
Fluffy LDL is a myth, they're just as bad and maybe even worse because they're more likely to get oxidised. It's literally a trick by several lobby groups (like the dairy one) to try to get their oroducts to sell.
>>
File: proof bird 8.png (12KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
proof bird 8.png
12KB, 331x331px
>>9058785
That's quite an interesting claim my friend.
>>
>>9058803
You go ahead and provide prove that there are different types of LDL, you were the one to initially claim that.
>>
>>9058713
>Subgrouping suggested that the reduction in cardiovascular events was seen in studies that primarily replaced saturated fat calories with polyunsaturated fat...
This means that the 17% risk reduction for myocardial events is "primarily" from replacing saturated fats with polyunsaturated fats.
Then this one: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2016-07-06-study-finds-link-between-saturated-fats-and-early-death/
>a long-term study conducted in the US including more than 120,000 people – found that swapping saturated fat and / or trans fats for polyunsaturated fat such as olive oil could reduce the risk of dying by 27%
Pretty cut and dry there I think
>>9058741
>>9058750
>>9058761
>>9058785
>>9058803
This is all actually irrelevant when you have clinical evidence of the result of diets high in saturated fats. You're attacking the middle of the
> Saturated fats -> High LDL levels -> hypertension/death
logical chain when these studies show a direct
> saturated fats -> hypertension/death
correlation.
>>
>>9058823
Actually I'm not the guy you were originally talking to, I was just curious on your source.
>>
>>9058837
The "fluffy LDL" thing is a way of trying to divert attention, it's true that there's a difference but big LDL is bad too, just not as bad as small LDL. It was like 30% increased risk compared to 40%.
>>
>>9058826
But the study doesn't seem like it was a 1:1 replacement of saturated fat with unsaturated. It seems like they were also reducing the total amount of fat/calories consumed.
>>
File: 20170617005126617.png (9KB, 775x163px) Image search: [Google]
20170617005126617.png
9KB, 775x163px
>>9058873
Reducing calories, AND 1:1 replacing. The participants did both, but mainly replacing. This is for the first one.
For the Harvard one, they pretty much say that the results only honed in on replacement, and they also did pic related, so changes in BMI are accounted for in their calculations.
>>
>>9058618
Start exercising
>>
>>9057363
>>9057390
Oils have almost no nutritional value for their calorie content you retards. Just because something doesn't directly contribute to clogging your arteries doesn't mean it is healthy.
>>
>>9057390
You say that as if 2017 is some sort of age of enlightenment
>>
>>9057563
What's that, you wrote a computer program, made a little website, you uploaded some videos to Youtube? Well, let me take this opportunity to congratulate you, the monkey learned a trick. Look at you, uploading comments. You're already spewing your vile filth all over the computer, huh? Congratulations! You must have an IQ in the double digits!
Here's a little piece of advice. The next time you're gonna unload your jealousies and inadequacies online, here's a little piece of advice. Here's a little piece of advice, slick. Next time you're gonna go on the computer (mommy and daddy bought you a new computer!), you're going to unload your jealousy and inadequacies on somebody else, on a stranger? Just make sure you don't pick Sam Geno, the son of the Papa Geno Pizza empire. I've bought people like you. I've destroyed people like you. It's nothing for me to call up my father, and have every pizza jockey in the nation have a photo of you, right above their oven. Thinking about you, my personal army of pizza makers.
They'll put sauce on you. They'll lay you out. Swing you around in the air just like in the old movies.

Then they'll destroy you. Piece by piece. Piece by delicious piece. Cheesy piece by cheesy crusty piece. They'll destroy you.

That's option one. Option two is you can apologize to me. Just say you're sorry. Takes a big man to apologize, don't it? Humble yourself before a god, a pizza god?
Anyway. That's about it. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>9056953
Saturated fat is saturated fat - what did you expect? Someone is making their money off telling the public that saturated fat is the worst and low fat is still the king and they are going to forcibly push that idea for as long as they can continue to get away with it.

Do you really think they care about your health? Even if your own doctor does, he or she is going off the science that is allowed - that is, the only science funded these days fuels the fire for leftist ideology.
>>
>>9056955
>needing lube

lmao @ ur """"""life"""""'
>>
>>9058618
You should definitely cut at least the butter, and get your lipid panel tested asap, then like twice a year so you can watch it improve. If it's real bad, start eating fiber and running if you don't already do cardio. This shit ain't a game, it's really gonna ruin you when you hit mid 30s.
>>
I've never really used butter to cook with since I run out too fast. A jar of oil lasts so much longer.
>>
wagyu beef fat is healthy.
>>
>>9059413
>get your lipid panel tested
thx m8, unironically making a note of this to do it
>>
File: 1491103981013.jpg (30KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1491103981013.jpg
30KB, 316x202px
>beef fat
>butter
>unhealthy
>>
>>9056953
Coconut oil IS HEALTHY FOR YOU. IT HAS MEDIUM CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES. YES, IT IS A SATURATED FAT, BUT IT IS AMAZING FOR YOU. THE CHOLESTEROL IN SHRIMP IS AMAZING FOR YOU. EVERYONE SHOULD DIE OMG REEE
>>
>>9059477
You could get a jar of ghee for cooking, it's basically clarified butter that doesn't spoil for a long time and has a high smoke point. A little expensive though, at least compared to regular butter.
>>
>>9057163
>I don't want my dick to smell like coconuts

SAID NO ONE
Fucking hell Anon
>>
File: Chocolate Cheerios_592x704.png (590KB, 592x704px) Image search: [Google]
Chocolate Cheerios_592x704.png
590KB, 592x704px
who here /low risk of heart disease/
>>
>>9056955
Still wake up/piss off my neighbors regardless of which lube I use. Coconut is just as hard to scrub off just like Vaseline. That shit is waterproof
>>
>>9059370
Such is life for mutilated burgers
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOuWCh6nrZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FObb4O0__EA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSORgwlsLfo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC9V1TWYLo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JttjTjKEpuc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9x_xLBm1og
>>
>>9060308
>Unpaid white man telling stories
You might as well kill yourself and your children for no reason.
>>
avocado oil master race
>>
>>9060312
>It's a Jamal continues to be ignorant of nutrition to support his poor diet post
>>
>>9060308
ah yes "alternative" nutrition
>>
oil is dum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbtwwZP4Yfs
>>
>>9060328
Koolaid is building the muscle that is hurting and killing white people. Im unbelievably rich and brown, and I dont give a fuck about your life. Id never pay you to slop my hog.
>>
>>9060349
ah yes "dismissive ad hominem because you have no refutation to any of the facts" stupidity
>>
>>9060366
You'll always be a nigger.
Let that sink in.
>>
>>9057053
>Eating fat to gain weight
The only fat that is going to cause you to gain weight is soybean oil and around the waist. Fat causes you to lose weight
>>
How does someone who isn't a scientist nor have a PhD make sense of all the conflicting information on the internet about something as simple as what to eat/what not to eat?
Every fucking diet, from the keto diet to the paleo diet to the vegan diet, have doctors and books and studies backing them. Ask about any of these diet and I get bombarded with information left right and centre. And they are all absolutely certain that their way of eating is the best. Sound more like snake oil salesmans than doctors or scientists.
How can it be that it's 2017 and we still can't come to any agreement about the optimum human diet? Are the scientists just as clueless as we are? Or are they all shills for whoever is paying more?
>>
>>9060434
The general consensus is more vegetables are good, any sugar is bad.
>>
>>9060434
Absolute certainty about any single ingredient with respect to overall human health is pretty much a red flag that the information is garbage because we're omnivorous and lifestyles/habits/etc are highly diverse. It's like saying "this just in: blue is shit, red is the best looking color". No respectable scientist would consider the sentence in that screenshot to be meaningful or even slightly useful.

Even an undergraduate humanities major should be able to read critically enough to differentiate between internet clickbait and useful information. You do not need a PhD in biochemistry.
>>
>>9060434
any diet that works works by reducing your insulin level. this generally means eating real, unprocessed food, and avoiding sugar and other refined carbs.
>>
>>9060434
Yeah it's pretty incredible, the industry funds a shit ton of studies to shill their products, doctors spread misinformation for money because it's lucrative to have a different opinion and followers who blindly buy their books and products.

However the overall direction is very obvious, eat more plants!
>>
>>9060434
>Or are they all shills for whoever is paying more?
this
>>
>>9060312

Meanwhile those other white guys, some of which insists they aren't white, who push the cholesterol schtick are trying to sell you statins instead.

You'll live a median of 3 to 4 days longer taking statins after a heart attack. I'm sure it's worth the muscle pains, rashes etc etc.
>>
>>9056953
No fucking shit
>>
>>9056953
Duh, how do you think those Indian and Thai food manage to look so greasy even without meat
>>
>>9058162
so is canola oil healthier than virgin olive oil?
>>
>>9060445
The scientific consensus is actually that refined sugar has no independent negative effects on health, and that saturated fat has independent negative effects on health regardless of source (natural or refined). This is why every expert organization recommends limiting saturated fat intake but hard limits on sugar are very rare because there is no science to support them. For example, the IOM suggests a limit of 25% of calories from refined sugar only in order to ensure adequate nutrient intake, not to prevent any disease process.
>>
>>9057978
I'm happy with my waifu and we use a good synthetic lube for playing with her butt.

>>9060915
Sugar can fuck you up over time though, even sugar from fruit can rape your pancreas if you overconsume it.
>>
>>9060985
>even sugar from fruit can rape your pancreas if you overconsume it.
Source? All I've read so far was that you literally can't overconsume whole fruits. Maybe if you binge on dried fruits but that's besides the point.
>>
>>9060985
>Sugar can fuck you up over time though, even sugar from fruit can rape your pancreas if you overconsume it.
No
>>
>>9060808
yeah, though olive oil has more essential polyunsaturated fatty acids, which is why it often appears in healthy options like salads and chips
the unsaturated fats in canola oil are benign, though not essential
don't take my word for it though
>>
>>9060915
>This is why every expert organization recommends limiting saturated fat intake but hard limits on sugar are very rare because there is no science to support them
You're an idiot to believe anything put out by the FDA and big pharma.
>>
can I still use it for oil pulling
>>
File: soda_v_juice.png (145KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
soda_v_juice.png
145KB, 400x345px
>>9060994
Not whole fruits, no because they have so much fiber in them which both slows down their absorption and physically bulks up space in your stomach limiting how much you can pack down in a day. It does apply to fruit juice (even 100%) which is equivalent to soda in it's calorie/sugar serving load stripped of most nutrients in the flesh of the source plant.

>>9061038
One of these days they'll realize that olive oil is also just as bad. It's empty calories.
>>
>>9058314
>If 3 out of 4 people are overweight
To be fair those statistics are skewed by the amount of niggers and beaners in the US. They have significantly higher obesity rates.
>>
Food science is bullshit. You can find studies to support any retarded shit you want.
>>
>>9061816
I should say, diet science is bullshit. Food science, as in the science of cooking, can actually be studied pretty well. The science of nutrition is bullshit. Just avoid obviously garbage food, eat some fresh fruits, veggies, and meat, and get off your ass once in a while. Best you can really do.
>>
>>9060915
complete nonsense
>>
>>9061816
Many many studies are inherently flawed though. Like praising a certain diet COMPARED to a diet full of fast food and soda. That's the problem with nutrition, there is so much money in it.
>>
Love coconut smell girls.
>>
>>9061751
>It's empty calories.
technically not, since it has essential nutrients, but nobody's deluding themselves into thinking it has vitamins or anything like that.
>>9061905
for whatever reason there was a dildo on my friend's couch, and all my pals were fondly tossing it around, and it lands on the lap of a girl. she sniffs it, gags, and flings it across the room and says "I fucking hate the smell of coconuts"
I don't understand why dildos smell that way fresh out the box
>>
>>9062076
Why would you sniff a random dildo
>>
File: received_1834991103185288.png (150KB, 313x299px) Image search: [Google]
received_1834991103185288.png
150KB, 313x299px
>>9056955
This will degrade the condom if you wear one. But its good for butt stuff.
>>
>>9062079
she knew it was unused since she lived there, and she was curious because everybody was saying how great it smells
it's basically a coffee table toy, way too huge to use, about as wide as both of my wrists combined
>>
>>9062079
Idk, because they're the kind of person who frequents a Sami reindeer herding and cloudberry collecting board?
>>
>>9059361
oil helps having smooth shits in the bathroom and to have nice skin. its not nutritional, but helps in a structural way.
>>
>>9059929
>MEDIUM CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES
This
>>
>>9062190
>>9059929
a saturated medium chain triglyceride would still have a good amount of hydrophobic cohesion because of the decreased surface area for van der waals forces, but only a bit less than long chain triglycerides, and still WAY more than unsaturated fats. still harmful, just marginally less so than other saturated fats. please stop doing this thing where you take any piece of evidence in your favor and taking it as justification in the absolute for your beliefs. you can still eat coconut oil, I know I still will, but don't ignore the facts, and don't erase all these comparative statements from your mind. it only hurts you to say
>Coconut oil IS HEALTHY FOR YOU
>IT IS AMAZING FOR YOU...REEE
my guy, you don't have to be so committed to one belief. it's food not religion, it's okay to concede that it's less healthy than other things and still eat it.
>>
>humans have been eating animal fats for hundreds of thousands of years
>dietary disease is relatively nonexistent until the last half century
>"It must be the animal fats that are causing dietary disease!"

Remind me again how the fuck this meme ever caught on in the first place.
>>
>le fat is bad may may
>>
File: 20170617233510884.png (4KB, 341x40px) Image search: [Google]
20170617233510884.png
4KB, 341x40px
>>9062424
>dietary disease is relatively nonexistent until the last half century
So was factory farming. You're deluding yourself if you think most people prior to 90 years ago ate nearly as much meat as they do now, and stupid if you think that literal half-centuries of clinical correlations between trans fats, saturated fats, high LDL:HDL ratios and cardiovasclar disorders mean nothing because you used the word "meme". Also be aware that there is more than one cause for these diseases, and every studied person knows that both simple carbohydrates and saturated fats contribute to cardiovascular disfunction. You don't have to favor one factor so heavily, this isn't a Twilight book club. I'm not gonna let you apply this bullshit two-party-system reasoning to nutrition without being called an idiot.
>appeal to tradition
>false dichotomy
>strawman argument
How are you not catching yourself before you expose other people to this garbage thinking?
>>
>>9058335
>femanon
>needing lube
>>
>>9062538
some girls (a surprising amount) are just dry as fuck
some girls like butt stuff
>>
>>9062424
Nobody understand dietary science and no study conclusively shows any solid correlations, it's literally just bored housewife myths in the form of "We did one study with 150 people" and then that turning into 600 headlines of THIS EVERY DAY SUBSTANCE CAUSES CANCER, and then 5 years later 5 more studies get done and the headlines run IF YOU'RE AVOIDING THIS EVERY DAY SUBSTANCE BECAUSE YOU THINK IT CAUSES CANCER, YOU'RE MISSING OUT

It's inconsistent across the board, only the most rudimentary things have been shown as consistent, and that basically boils down to "don't eat 16 hamburgers every day without exercise"
>>
>>9056953

lol

>oils
>healthy

Unsweetened coconut flesh chunks are about the only non harmful way to eat those bitches.

You fucks really need to get away from oils, refined carbs, animal products, added sugars, and salt.
>>
>>9062546

Not really. The main problem is various food industries- meat, dairy, eggs- funding studies that are incapable of showing the effects of consuming meat dairy and eggs (they will never pay for and publish metabolic ward studies, because they know these types of designs are capable of showing links between animal products and heart, brain disease and cancer). These articles are then published, and enjoy lots of media presence because those industries do things like buy a million copies of a news paper or magazine that features the study they funded headed by scientists on their payroll.

Lots has been written about this btw. Our dietary guidelines are written not to protect the health of U.S. citizens- but to protect the profits and exports from our animal agriculture industry.
>>
>>9062561
>salt
A Kool-aid drinker through and through, I see. Salt has literally no detrimental health implications.
>>
>>9062546
>no study conclusively shows any solid correlations
>one study with 150 people
this is actually not true, at least not regarding satfats and heart stuff
correlations are often in the 15-25% range, and participants are often numbering around 50,000. and results have agreed for a decade on this
I know what you're talking about, but it really isn't true regarding fats. Post this in a thread about dairy being good for your bones, and you'll be closer to the truth.
doesn't mean that people are trying to take away your precious steaks, it just means that you shouldn't eat a fuckton of it thinking it's not doing you any harm
>don't eat 16 hamburgers every day without exercise
exactly
>>
>>9062561
I bet your body looks like shit.
>>
File: 1497013686472.jpg (127KB, 1096x660px) Image search: [Google]
1497013686472.jpg
127KB, 1096x660px
>>9057224
>dick
>smelling like shit
>>
>>9062607
>Salt has literally no detrimental health implications.
Are you retarded? We have like 5 decades of science clearly linking salt to several diseases, most notably hypertension.
>>
>>9062588
>>9062616
I used a lot of hyperbole and it's obvious not universally applicable, but yeah the gist of my post was meant to be "Nobody really fucking knows what's healthy and what isn't, just don't stuff your fat face all day"
One study will get released and then another will contradict it, but media headlines will push it as hard truth (as they are wont to do)
>>
File: 1470900345272.jpg (65KB, 413x418px) Image search: [Google]
1470900345272.jpg
65KB, 413x418px
>>9062634
>not plowing deep within qt twink boipucci for 5-hour sessions
All respectable academia concur that this puts you at higher risk for myocardial inFAGtions.
Educate yourself, loser.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2017-06-13-studies-find-link-between-shit-dicks-and-max-swag/
>>
>>9062645
Yeah I can understand your frustration, popular publications always have an agenda to push, so it's best these days to skip right past them if it's an issue you care about, and go right to the credentialed studies. I take it as a good thing though, because as more people care, more research is done, and we eventually end up at the mechanisms behind these flimsy correlations, like we now have for PUFAs and LDLs and whatnot. There'll always be confusion before understanding, and most editorials will prey on the confusion. Chin up, anon, we'll figure it all out someday!
>>
File: great again.jpg (7KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
great again.jpg
7KB, 261x193px
>>9056953
>BBC News
>>
>>9056953
What are liberals going to use now?
>>
I use it as lube so whatever. Used it on sunburn and felt ok but consumption aside, is it any good for your hair and skin or is that a meme too?

I tried it on my face and razor burned balls once because winter dries me out and I felt like I just slathered myself in vaseline.
>>
>>9056953
No shit.

Most people are fucking retards.

Just had a coworker tell me she did a 5 day cleansing fast.
>only fluids when she got light headed
>considered McD's milk shakes and Jamba Juice smoothies to be 'fluids' because you don't have to chew them

Also thinks monks can live 140 years on one meal of plain rice a day.
>>
>>9060402
>getting fat from soybeans
lmfao
>>
>>9062689
One of the most unbiased news sources? what about them?
>>
Here is some biochemistry for you.

The healthiness of a fat product depends on it's molecular structure. As you may have noticed in nutrition tables fat can be divided in 3 categories: saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.

Now for simplicity sake unsaturated fats are better due to their molecular shape (their shape prevents them artery clogging). Which makes oils and fats with polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats desirable.

However, when you heat said oils the unsaturated fat turns saturated making it "bad" as it can create lipid plaques which in turn cause arteriosclerosis.
>>
>>9063535
also biochem here I don't buy into that
If you simply just look at the structure of unsaturated vs saturated the double bond in the unsat makes it look more difficult to break apart than something that is homogeneous in shape no?
>>
>>9063588
also biochem, look here: >>9062225
long hydrophobic bits (the fatty acids in TAGs) are more space for IMFs to cause the molecules to stick together in a polar environment. Metabolizing the molecules is ezpz no matter what because enzymes (enoyl-coa hydratase in beta oxidation iirc) are baller like that, it's what they do in transit from adipose to the liver as serum albumin that is the difference in how much they hurt us.
>>
>>9063535
>>9063588

what kinds of butters and oils should I eat
>>
>>9062645
>>9060434
>One study will get released and then another will contradict it, but media headlines will push it as hard truth (as they are wont to do)

As >>9062588 said, there isn't actually this back and forth that people seem to think there is. There have been studies showing conclusively that things like saturated fat and cholesterol are bad for you and there has not been a single study since that disproved them. What there has been since are lots of misleading studies funded by beef and egg producers with a single goal in mind: to get headlines and make people like you think that there isn't a consensus on which foods are healthy and which foods aren't.

But there is a consensus and anyone who actually reads the studies in question knows that this is the case. But even among people who consider themselves nutrition experts, only a tiny minority actually do the research. The rest of them are just as uninformed as the average person. For examples, see:

>>9057390
>>9058444
>>9059929
>>9060915
>>9062424
>>
>>9063631

Ideally none, or as little as possible. Butter is not good for you and neither is any vegetable oil. Even memes like olive oil only appear healthy when you compare its effects on the body to other vegetable oils. Taken by itself it also negatively affects the body.

You should consider all oils to be junk food. If you have to use them in cooking then use as little as possible. Your fat intake should come from whole food sources, not refined and isolated fats. I.E. olive oil is bad for you, whole olives are not.
>>
>>9062186
It also has amounts of omega 3s and can lower cholesterol and reduce inflammation. You can over do it and fuck yourself up of course but that's with everything.
>>
>>9063631
Any. Just dont use so much that it pushes you over your daily caloric needs
>>
>>9063662
>>9063672
How often should I eat chicken? Fish? Seafood? I have shrimps in the fridge right now. Apparent shrimps are high cholesterol but low saturated fat. So are they good or bad? How often can I eat them? Is eating tofu everyday bad for men?
Pls teach me desu senpai.
>>
>>9063672
>Butter is not good for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JttjTjKEpuc
>>
>>9063761
Being optimal is WAY too fucking complicated, trust me
Just focus on not being fat, and not having a monotonous diet. Obesity and excesses/deficiencies are the #1 thing to avoid, everything after that is overwhelmingly complex. Just don't eat too much of any one thing, don't use too much saturated fats in cooking (or heated unsaturated fats), and relax about it all. You're thinking about it, so already better off than most Americans. Just get your lipid panel checked occasionally, and avoid over-the-top meals like what Joe Rogan posts.
>>
>>9063787
>vitamin K2
you'd have to eat over 7.5 cups of butter to get the amount of vitamin K2 in one tenth of a cup of kale. I literally can't find a good source with figures for vitamin K2 in grass-fed butter, and I'm sure it varies by farm, but probably not enough for it to be a good staple source of vitamin K2 all of a sudden.
>vitamin A
.875 cups of butter = 1400 calories for your vitamin A needs
4 baby carrots = 16 calories for you vitamin A needs
>omega 6:omega 3 ratio
Ideal ratio of o6:o3 is between 1:1 and 1:4 (1 - 0.25). Most foods will push the ratio to the left, so having a ratio below 1 is "good" because such foods offset all the left-pushing foods, and push you towards that ideal range
Butter has a ratio of 3:1 (3)
Salmon has a ratio of 1:10 (0.1)

I mostly used this post to organize my findings and see if there's any merit really to what you're doing here, and I don't think there is. He's noting negligible amounts of vitamins, and spending most of his time defining them rather than talking about how much more GF butter has than normal butter. I've already talked about how MCTs are only slightly more benign than normal sat fats in earlier posts, and I frankly don't give a fuck about CLA or whatever else he talks about. There's also the fact that he keeps referring to "they", which is pretty weird.

TL;DR: Please, just know that fishies and plants have fats too, and you don't need a literal brick of fat solid at room temp to get fat-soluble vitamins. Butter is worse for you than a lot of things in a lot of ways.
>>
>sat fat bad for you.
Sat fat is what makes testosterone more free use in the body.
>>
>>9063902
>x has some negative traits
>but x also has some positive traits
>therefore x is good

Like >>9063787 trying to argue for the nutrition in fucking butter. You can find some minerals and B vitamins in KFC too.
>>
>>9063902
Your body synthesizes all the sat fat you need. This is why they're non-essential, and why dietary saturated fat has a proven positive correlation with cardiovascular disease.
Also, please explain what you mean, no matter how trivial it is.
>>
>>9063672
Kill yourself
>>
>>9063956
>>>r/keto
>>
File: 1406087125291.jpg (81KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1406087125291.jpg
81KB, 456x386px
>>9063956
>tfw someone implies that King Butter's authority isn't absolute
>>
>>9063854
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOSAyOg3e4
>>
>>9064285
Isn't this guy a scientologist?
>>
>>9064337
He knows what he's talking about then
>>
>>9063501
Not sure about that anymore. I feel like within the past 6 months or so more and more of their headlines are becoming either misleading or exaggerated. I know it happens with media outlets and it's possible they've always done this while I've just started noticing, but I don't think they're as good as some people say.
>>
>>9064285
>Disclaimer: This video is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual.

Must have gotten in trouble with the law before over his retarded shit.
>"lol it's actually not bad for your arteries cause it contains some K2 and D "
>>
>>9056953
>fat is hard as wax at room temperature
>unhealthy
absolutely shocked
>>
>>9056953
>BBC
>>9058268
What a crock of shit. There are many scientists and nutritionists who disagree. Polyunsaturated fats have a net negative effect on the human body. This is why avocado oil has been shown to be mildly hepatoxic.

>Saturated fatty acids terminate stress reactions, polyunsaturated fatty acids amplify them.
>The most highly unsaturated fats, including DHA, accumulate with aging, and their toxic fragments are increased in Alzheimer's disease.
>The most highly unsaturated fats found in fish oil break down into chemicals that block the use of glucose and oxygen.
>The ratio of saturated fatty acids to polyunsaturated fatty acids is decreased in cancer. Omega-3 fats promote metastasis.

Coconut oil also has positive effects on the thyroid. Please read these articles.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/fats-functions-malfunctions.shtml

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/coconut-oil.shtml

>Heart damage is easily produced in animals by feeding them linoleic acid; this "essential" fatty acid turned out to be the heart toxin in rape-seed oil. The addition of saturated fat to the experimental heart-toxic oil-rich diet protects against the damage to heart cells.

>Immunosuppression was observed in patients who were being "nourished" by intravenous emulsions of "essential fatty acids," and as a result coconut oil is used as the basis for intravenous fat feeding, except in organ-transplant patients. For those patients, emulsions of unsaturated oils are used specifically for their immunosuppress
>>
>>9064433
>"essential"
>"essential fatty acids,"
The fuck. Are you literally arguing against essential nutrients? Nobody cares about some patients with a genetic predisposition and some animal studies. Omega-3s and omega-6s are the only fats we actually need.
>>
File: 18XL855.png (342KB, 660x848px) Image search: [Google]
18XL855.png
342KB, 660x848px
Scientists are more corrupt than liberal media. They'll shill for anyone who pays them.

Also

>BBC
>>
>>9064431
You can't give "professional diagnosis" unless you work for big pharma and/or the FDA.
>>
>>9064454
I don't claim to have a PhD in Biology or to have written papers for medical journals but Ray Peat has these credentials, and he has many more interesting things to say about the subject than I do. Look into the links I posted and please refute what Dr Peat has to say because I am open to learn if you claim to have the wisdom here.

>The unsaturated oils in some cooked foods become rancid in just a few hours, even at refrigerator temperatures ... will oxidize at a much higher rate once they are in the body, where they are heated and thoroughly mixed with an abundance of oxygen.

>It is well established that dietary coconut oil reduces our need for vitamin E, but I think its antioxidant role is more general than that, and that it has both direct and indirect antioxidant activities.

>a variety of studies have demonstrated that ultraviolet light induces peroxidation in unsaturated fats, but not saturated fats, and that this occurs in the skin as well as in vitro. Rabbit experiments, *and studies of humans,* showed that the amount of unsaturated oil in the diet strongly affects the rate at which aged, wrinkled skin develops..

I don't have the time to paraphrase these points for you but if you really do care about nutrition you need to read what Dr. Peat has to say because he is not a profiteering charlatan. He has a YouTube channel where he discusses some of his ideas and research.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4kMDfEon-IAlQcbGym9UQ

http://raypeat.com/articles/

Cheers
>>
>>9064518
>he is not a profiteering charlatan. He has a YouTube channel
pick one
>>
>>9064527
I don't believe it is monetized famb
>>
>>9064432
What does that matter? Our bodies are warmer than room temperature, warm enough to melt it. You could use that argument for shortening though, since it doesn't melt at body temp.
>>
>>9060402
Short term low carb high fat diets are universally accepted to be good for weight loss, but is expensive and provides no benefits in the long term. High carb high fat diets lead to disease. High carb low fat diets are the most sustainable. It's really simple.

You're an idiot and clearly have no medical background if you think there is a consensus on this topic. If beef and egg producers wanted to stir a narrative, why the fuck wouldn't other companies do it too? Is this some logic vegans use to support their attention-seeking behaviors?
>>
>>9064480
Pretty much. Scientists are nearly always engineering school dropouts.
>>
health doesnt matter
coconut oil doesnt cause breakouts
>>
>>9064588
>but is expensive and provides no benefits in the long term
How is eating more salad and less meat, bread, pasta, noodles, grains, cereals, pastries, etc more expensive? Are you high?
>>
>>9062642
No, we don't. They made it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZOiG4etXo
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-04/eb2-ldm041217.php
https://app.core-apps.com/eb2017/abstract/536903b6b3303af8e0989e14822abae7
>>
>>9064568
>warm enough to melt it.
that depends on the fat

and it does matter, all you gotta do is look at the fat itself.

compare butter, pig fat, cow fat, chicken fat, oils and coconut "oil".
>>
>>9064636
I can get one pound of dry pasta for $1, which is over 1500 calories. A head of iceberg lettuce is like $3 for 100 calories.
>>
>>9065191
>not found
>bullshit article from one month ago
>some shit study without proper formalities
Sure.
>>
>>9065861
>calorie counting like it's the 90's
>remaining ignorant of any actual nutrition and fiber content
Enjoy your cheap pasta fortified with B-vitamins that actually creates B-vitamin deficiency, anon. You're saving more money now so you can shell out to big pharma later.
>>
>>9065922
I never said anything about pasta being more nutritious, just that it would be cheaper to eat pasta than lettuce because you get much more energy from it per dollar.
>>
>>9063501
Not that anon but no news outlet is without bias. Its just slightly less bias that those of the Daily Mail, Guardian, Sun and Independent.

Fuckers all have an agenda.
>>
>>9064518
>>9064454
Does it not bother you that I've posted studies with clinical evidence from a pantheon of credentialed people with degrees from many institutions across the US and Europe, and you're hardfocusing the biochemical definitions of a single guy? Polyunsaturated fats may have negative effects (as do carbohydrates, ketone bodies from fat catabolism, water, and oxygen, by the way), but you literally can't do without them. Lots of things are bad, that's why ideal ratios and advised plasma concentrations are a thing. I'm done doing /ck/'s homework, but there is a plethora of diseases caused by a deficiency of essential fats, described exhaustively for your reading if you want.

Please just know this:
>Defining the function of unsaturated fats in up-regulation of the stress reaction is not even in the realm of arguing empirical observations of people eating saturated fats and becoming less healthy.
>Things can be harmful is odd concentrations, but you still die without them.
>Sat fats and unsat fats are BOTH needed for endocrine function, but we can't synthesize unsat fats
>The stress response is necessary, and shouldn't be understimulated or overstimulated
>injecting pigs with an odd concentration of only unsat fats is not the same as a human eating unsat fats while synthesizing sat fats
>>
>>9056953
>EVERYTHING IS UNHEALTHY THE SKY IS FALLING DONT EVER EAT AGAIN!!!!
>>
>>9065958
whoops, meant to quote these two
>>9064433
>>9064518
>>
>>9065962
It's okay to be open to the idea that some foods could be unhealthy, like what happened with trans fat and vegetable shortening. Touted as being healthier because it was from a plant source but it was so much worse.

I think the biggest problem about people saying every kind of food is unhealthy is that most people are just eating too much and overweight, and they still want to be able to eat a lot so they try cutting out carbs, or fat, or gluten, etc. instead of just eating less.
>>
>>9062542
That's just your ugly face drying their cunts up like a desert

>yeast infection
>butt stuff
>>
>>9064568
>What does that matter?

It's indicative of the chemical structure of the fat. Solid fats tend to be saturated or hydrogenated fats. These are the kinds generally considered to be unhealthy in large amounts.
>>
>>9056953
>this just in, "this fat is like that fat; especially when you eat too much!"

>>9056955
Wisdom. It also makes a great hair conditioner, just use a tiny tiny bit on your comb for lots of hair.

>>9060200
Anon, that's not coconut oil.
>>
>>9066583
>>yeast infection
>>butt stuff
I didn't say shit about a yeast infection. I just said that femanons may need lube for butt stuff.
>>
>>9057235
Do you constantly ask questions when people make small innocuous comments? Are you that autistic?
>>
File: 1495337322181.png (492KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495337322181.png
492KB, 800x600px
How much alfredo sauce do I have to eat before I fuck over my body permanently?
I feel like I'm half way there already
>>
>>9066738
>I feel like I'm half way there already
fuck your feelings, just go get some blood drawn and get your lipid panel results
it's hard to say "how much" as an flat quantity off the top of your head, even for someone studying nutrition. Just eat less if your results are bad.
>>
>>9065921
There have been numerous studies that failed to find a link over the past couple decades. Go look for them. While you do I'll be enjoying my cracklin.
>>
>>9067380
There have been ten times more that confirm the link, I promise you. Plus there are mechanisms that confirm the causal relationship (renal activity increases fluid in your blood, increasing blood pressure and putting strain on your arterial elasticity, increasing risk of stroke, heart attack, hypertension and diabetes). Plus there are about five decades of medical professionals advising against too much salt, and the improved health of those that took this advice. Plus there's the fact that your article saying "low-sodium doesn't improve blood pressure" doesn't contradict the statement "high-sodium harms blood pressure.

Be honest with me, are you trolling? If not, do you just not give a fuck about being honest with yourself? It's fine to eat bad things, just don't go around lying to people about how bad they are. If you really didn't know any of this, that's fine and I can give you textbooks and studies and articles so you can become familiar with these facts, but I think you did know, and chose to delude yourself because it's easier than recognizing that you're a slave to salt.
>>
>>9067440
>"low-sodium doesn't improve blood pressure"
>"high-sodium harms blood pressure."
Yeah I'm actually just conflating the two because I'm bored and tired. And stupid. So I guess I'm also kind of trolling.
"Normal" is pretty subjective, though. A lot of the normal ranges deemed to be non-detrimental would be considered very high by other standards. Doesn't help that the original post I responded to flatly said "you need to get away from salt."

Like everything, it's fine as long as you aren't chugging a can of Morton's.
>>
>>9067474
>i-i was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>9064636
You've clearly never been on a low carb diet. You're only options are certain meats and vegetables, cooked at home. There are no good options aside from a lettuce burger so you can't really go out. If you're body isn't in a constant state of ketogenesis, you're not benefitting from the diet.
>>
>>9067575
Fuck off. Of the three of us, you are the only true shitposter.
>>9067474
"Normal" is definitely objective, and it means a range of blood pressure where it's not high enough to cause hypotension/diabetes/stroke/MCI, and not low enough to cause hypotension/seizures/fatigue. There are no other standards I'm aware of, and if there are, I'm not sure they'd be well-advised to follow because this is a discussion about salt and health. He did say that you should get away from salt, but that statement of his coincides with a ton of good reasons for doing so.
Yes it's fine to have salt as long as you're not being excessive, but clearly lots of people in this country (excuse me if you're not from the US) don't know what excessive is, since 2 in 3 adults have higher-than-normal blood pressure (https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm) and it's been that way for at least 7 years (https://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fs_bloodpressure.htm).
I'm frustrated because something tells me you're one of these 2-in-3, and if you are, it's important to understand why that is and that it's not a complicated problem to fix before you're middle-aged and need to start paying thousands on shit like Lisinopril over the years until you die from hypertension anyway.
>>
So it's healthy?
>>
>>9062076

They put it in their ass using coconut oil for lube before boxing it and sending it out.
>>
>>9067875
It's fine in EXTREME moderation, just like any other oil. Probably still better to use olive or canola oil as a substitute, but that's up to your discretion.
>>
>>9067440
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plEulSI2RsY
>>
>>9068104
>another video by the that retard
0/10
>>
File: 1441467095284.png (269KB, 362x444px) Image search: [Google]
1441467095284.png
269KB, 362x444px
>>9067880
Then I've gotta feel sorry for the person that has to do 9 to 5 putting 6" thick dildos in their ass one after another all day.
>>
>>9068104
I more or less said this in >>9067773, but his stance is unreasonable. Not gonna watch more than 30 seconds of it to be honest because I now know him to be weird, but you'll be VERY hard-pressed to get hypotension (hyponatremia) from just a low-salt diet, because foods all have natural salt. It's mainly caused by genetic defects, blood dilution by drinking too much water, or excessive excretion from drinking or taking too many ADH antagonists (like alcohol, or Lisinopril and the like). Again he's just defining what something does and LEAPING to the conclusion that because it's essential, we should consume more of it than all conventional medical wisdom advise. Please don't post this guy anymore. The studies on hypertension typically consider both salt and sugar, and the link between hypertension and salt is much stronger than that between hypertension and sugar (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25547872) to combat what little stupidity of his I let myself hear. It's kind of fucked up to lie like that and shift the correlation entirely to sugar with insufficient evidence.
>>
>>9069509
Yeah Dr. Berg is a deceiving cunt.
>>
>>9056953
>animal fat
>butter
>unhealthy
>>
>>9057181
So we're just making shit up now? Got it.
>>
>>9062089
>way too huge to use
>about as wide as both of my wrists combined

I'd make it fit.
>>
>>9069509
>LEAPING to the conclusion that because it's essential, we should consume more of it
Sounds more like you're the one leaping to conclusions here. It's clearly shown in that link we only need 1,000mg of it for RDA and he instead advocates increasing potassium intake.
>It's kind of fucked up to lie like that and shift the correlation entirely to sugar with insufficient evidence.
That happens nowhere in that video.
>Not gonna watch more than 30 seconds of it to be honest because I now know him to be weird
So you're intentionally being a twat then.
>>
>>9070033
>So you're intentionally being a twat then.
Yup. At this point I can confidently say that he's not worth my time, since he conflates the essential quality of something with a need to subvert the entire professional medical community's opinion and increase intake. He did that in the other video, and it seemed like that's what he was going to do here.
>Sounds more like you're the one leaping to conclusions here. It's clearly shown in that link we only need 1,000mg of it for RDA and he instead advocates increasing potassium intake.
I said that the ton of health issues associated with high serum sodium are cause for me to "leap" to the conclusion that high dietary sodium causes these diseases, you respond with this video where he says, at 0:28,
>so honestly that's [lower [glucose]] really what created the lower, uh, blood pressure, more than the salt
then he says, at 0:42
>there is no strong evidence in relationship between eating salt, or sodium, and increasing blood pressure
which is blatanly not true. Then he says that this is
>simply because sodium is an essential mineral
So that's where I stopped watching. I really don't think my post misrepresented what he said, though you could say the word "entirely" wasn't perfect in that situation I guess.
>>
>>9070180
>a need to subvert the entire professional medical community's opinion and increase intake
Show me where he recommends increasing intake.
>So that's where I stopped watching.
Stop replying too.
>>
>>9062538
>Male
>Foreskin amputee
>Need lube to masturbate
>Isn't paid for by social security
Thanks Donald!

>>9058409
>It legitimately helps me though, let's me flush out yeast and other bacteria that give me trouble.
Have you tried coffee enema?
>>
>>9070276
>Have you tried eating some coconut oil?
>Have you tried sticking something up your ass?
I'd prefer coconut oil too...
>>
>>9070227
Well fuck dude I say limiting intake is good, you reply with "the sodium myth" where he says the correlation between sodium and hypertension is a false construction, what the hell am I supposed to think his meaning is? If he's not saying that, then he's not disagreeing with me, and you'd need to tell me why you'd post that in response to me. What did I get wrong that he got right?
>>
>>9056953
>>9056955
word, I also like to put some in my hair too as a moisturizer after showering
makes it silky smooth
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.