[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food habits and saving money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: File Jun 15, 9 16 25 PM.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
File Jun 15, 9 16 25 PM.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Boneless chicken thigh was $1.69/lb at the store today. I can sometimes get bone-in for $.79 but it's really a bitch getting the bones out yourself. Chopped off the fat and sliced thin for quick thaw and cook time.
>>
>saving money
>spending more for an inferior product
Learn to appreciate the bone like your mother does, anon
>>
>>9054950
I mean, good snag, but then you don't get the fat, nor the bone.
>>
>>9054950
Are you going to freeze most of that?
>>
>>9054973
the bone is fine but clearly I'm not cooking this stuff bone in. would take too long to thaw and this cut is versatile

>>9055022
yeah I freeze all of it right away. if it's on sale I assume it'll go bad soon
>>
File: File Jun 15, 10 22 12 PM.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
File Jun 15, 10 22 12 PM.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
this is what they turn into. cajun-ish gnocchi. chicken, broccoli, onion, garlic, mushrooms, marinara, beef broth, butter, cayenne, cumin, salt, pepper, bay leaf, little sugar to fix it at the end.
>>
>dry rice
>dry beans
>buy veggies at the chinese markets, veggies on sale, and look for cabbage and other "undesirables"
>learn to butcher a whole chicken, buy when whole chickens are 99c/lb
>find a few condiments you can use to change up the flavor, hot sauces, ketchup, whatever youre in to
>>
>>9055046

Don't cook it bone it then.

Save the bones for stock and pay less while getting more for your money.
>>
>>9054950
>>9054973
this. if you're "trying to save money" then buy it at half the fucking price and de-bone it yourself. the more you debone, the fucking better you become at it. it's not fucking hard.
>>
>>9054950
Good plan anon...thrifty, and with a little time and effort on your part, you'll get some great meals out of this...
I do the same desu...Ziploc is love...
>>
>>9055323
FYI regular ppl dont make stock and also dont like spending their time deboning raw chicken
>>
>>9054950
>but it's really a bitch getting the bones out yourself
toughen up, i bet you still cry while chopping onions
>>
>thigh
>not breast
i puke every time
>>
>>9055535
the thigh is more flavorful and more moist you uneducated fuck I bet you've never cooked a proper meal in your life
>>
>>9055433
Uhh eat around the bone? It's not hard?
>>
>>9055574
it also absorbs flavor from marinades better, anon just has no taste
>>
>>9055574
It's also rubbery
>>
>>9055574
>more moist
>not knowing how to cook a moist breast
and >I< don't have cooking skills...
>>
>>9055336
You also get bones for making stock.>>9055046

>>9055046
>would take too long to thaw

This is the second use for sous vide machines. You can thaw large chucks of meat really damn quick setting the circulator at room temperature. The moving water
>>
>>9055433
um. im regular people and i just made stock using bone in thighs that were on sale.
i'll be using the meat i picked and the stock for chicken n dumplings and chicken soup.
>>
>>9055535
There is no flavor there. What do you do, just smother the meat in bbq sauce and ketchup?
>>
>>9055612
>room temperature
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.