[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear Americans (More specifically - NYC/Boston)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image2.jpg (161KB, 1024x559px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
161KB, 1024x559px
I am a simple European man who would like some help. I've always wanted to try Deep-dish Pizza, but due to my budget, I cant afford to travel to get a taste of this magnificent creation.

Would you kindly give me some recipes for Deep-dish Pizza?
>>
>>9053696
Correcting my ignorance: Chicago is the state that's known for Deep-dish Pizza. My bad.
>>
>>9053713
CORRECTING MY IGNORANCE ONCE AGAIN:
CHICAGO IS A CITY, NOT A STATE AND I AM A FUCKING IDIOT.
>>
>>9053696
The kind of people that like deep dish will not be capable of cooking anything and the type of people who cook would never make deep dish, so you're out of luck.
>>
>>9053735
:(
>>
>>9053713
>Chicago is the state that's known for endless Black on Black violence & murders

Thanks OBAMA & BLM!
>>
>>9053696
Get your self an iron skillet
pizza dough
throw on fuck ton of mozzarella cheese
cook it in an oven like 500 or something idk
pour uncooked marinara sauce on top
>>
>>9053696
Make a cheese and tomato quiche without any egg
Same method
>>
>>9053754
>pizza dough

Nah, the crust is more like a savory pie crust like chicken pot pie than pizza crust.

To answer OP:

Make a savory pie crust and line an Iron skillet with it. Pre bake for 8 minutes. Line bottom with mozzarella about 1/2 inch thick. Fill with thick cooled marinara sauce (no sugar) in which pieces of italian sausage have been cooked. Grate parmeggiano on top. Bake. Let rest a bit. Slice, taste and retch your guts out.
>>
While reddit is the cancer that is killing the internet, but the pizza subreddit is great. Their wiki has several recipes for different types of pizza doughs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pizza/wiki/recipe/dough

Try the Chicago style dough, but don't do the "cheese crust" thing. That is not authentic. It must be cooked in cast iron. Press the dough into the pan and pull the dough up the sides of the pan. Layer sliced mozzarella and then add your toppings. Top that with stewed tomatoes. Bake according to the instructions.

A more traditional Chicago style dough would use butter instead of olive oil. i.e. 6 TBL melted butter and 1 cup water.

Also, when it comes to deep dish pizza, Detroit style is superior. Also, NY Style is superior to all deep-dish varieties.
>>
>>9053791
>Chicago style
>Detroit style
>NY style
Americans sure like making things up.
>>
just get sicilian style pizza it's much better
>>
>>9053726
http://www.realdeepdish.com/
Haven't gotten around to trying his recipe, but he seems to know what he's talking about, so it looks legit to me.
t. Chicagoan
>>
Getting a lot of good recipes here. Thank you for posting :)
>>
>>9053795
Yeah it's not like there's regional differences
>>
>>9053696
Hey OP, as a serious reply, take a look at the pizzamaking.com forum. The people there are fanatics about perfecting their pizza recipes.

This is one that tries to be a perfect match for the Lou Malnati recipe, which is arguably the best of the Chicago deep-dish pizzerias:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=38224.0

In Europe, you may not be able to get the exact brands of canned tomato sauce and sausage and so on, but you'll be able to get close.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.