[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skirt Steak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Hey Cu/ck/s

Long time bbq fan here, yesterday my butcher gave me a skirt steak along with 2 tbones. I've never done skirt before, so I figured I'd come here and get some of anons infinite wisdom.

How does CK do their skirt steaks.

Things available to me are: cast iron pans, charcoal bbq (cast iron grills) and wood fired bbq.
I've read a few things that essentially said "lol just get it REALLY HOT"
Seems like there must be more to it than that?
>>
>>9053169

I once had a black kid tell me blacks were bad at math because numbers are racist.

I don't think he was being ironic or joking either.

> 2017 Libera 'Merica Idiocracy
>>
>>9053179
Op here,

spit my coffee out laughing at this
>>
>>9053179
Numbers are racist though, hitler and the nazis where always screaming 9.
>>
>>9053169
>>Skirt steak

Remove the membrane and excess fat (unless the butcher already did this for you). Tenderize it with a jaccard. If you don't have one you can lightly score the surface in a criss-cross pattern with a sharp knife. Marinade it over night.

The next day grill it over wood or charcoal just like you would a steak: high direct heat. Get a nice sear on the outside and you want the inside to be a little bit pink.

Cut across the grain into thin strips and serve.
>>
>>9053187

Not exaggerating either.

His reasoning was that "when middle eastern white people invented math, they purposely made it hard for blacks to understand."

I don't even know where to begin on that statement...
>>
>>9053169
Fajita that bitch.
>>
>>9053229
>His reasoning was that "when middle eastern white people invented math, they purposely made it hard for blacks to understand."

:headexplode:
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (32KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
32KB, 453x500px
>>9053229
>says math is racist
>his reasoning is that he believes black people can't think like white people do
Holy fucking kek
>>
>>9053229
>middle eastern white people invented math

wut?
>>
>>9053238
I would do this

my marinade is pasilla chili and ancho chili. get the seeds out and rip or cut into pieces. olive oil, onion, cumin, cilantro, little bit of lime, little bit of garlic.

before you cook your skirt on high heat charcoal pull off any chili's and onion. cook to medium rare. after you let it rest a few minutes cut the steak into 4-5 inch pieces and then cut those against the grain like a previous anon mentioned.

don't forget to heat your tortillas on the coals, it will make any fajitas 10 times better

also if your going to saute up some veggies for the fajitas. use the left over marinade instead of plain oil
>>
OP here

Well i burned some piece of hardwood for the shits and giggles, my boomer dad likes his steak burned to a crisp, but i managed to sneak the skirt on when he was hammered drunk.
I didn't marinate but i pounded it a little, put it on a well heated grill, flipped, then put on a plate. The legend is true, this shit has real flavor.

For curiosity, Canadian beef, small farm raised, not grass fed exclusively but "organic" whatever that means. Tasted like amazing beef jerky except soft

10/10 would recommend.

Thanks CK
>>
>>9053227
underrated
>>
>>9053229
>His reasoning was that "when middle eastern white people invented math, they purposely made it hard for blacks to understand."

holy shit... this is Affirmative Action education at its best right here
>>
File: racistwithabeigecase.jpg (46KB, 444x180px) Image search: [Google]
racistwithabeigecase.jpg
46KB, 444x180px
>>9053229
>>
OP here

thread was ten times better than i wanted. thanks CK
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.